2015 Wayne County Speedway Season Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by J.Shambaugh1J View Post
    Wayne County doesn't have to do what Attica and fremont does. You should be allowed to run what you want. And if you decide to run woo or all stars, regardless of tire rule, you are gonna buy new tires anyways so big deal what the tire rule is for a regular night. And how in the world can you get 5 nights out of a medium. Just thought I would ask

Turn them around after a few nights, grind them each time, and dont burn them up.
    Last edited by Jay72c; September 4th, 2015, 10:14 AM.

Comment

We can't even get 5 nights out of a medium on a 305

Comment

Originally posted by Mitch15 View Post
        Attica and Fremont need to get rid of the medium tire rule. It doesn't save anybody money and you need to buy a different tire to run any other track or any All Star or WoO races.
        If your going to run a WoO race you better buy a different tire no matter what and not use some leftover tire you ran for a couple of races and the same can be said about a All-Star race.

How does it not save people money if they can run a tire several nights in a row and at two different local tracks?

If Attica/Fremont had an open tire rule I am betting teams would be spending more money and you would see teams bitching about that as well.

Comment

If a team wants to run Attica on Friday and Wayne County or Atomic Saturday then they need two different RR tires. That adds an extra $250 expense to their racing that weekend. Not to mention they now have to dismount and remount the tires adding extra work. $250 is about what you would pay for fuel and pit passes so you're basically doubling the amount of money a team is going spend to go racing. Yes, you can buy a new a tire to run All Star or WoO races, but then what do you with that tire afterwards? You can't run it at Attica or Fremont the next weekend. Fact is that the medium tire rule is costing tracks cars and costing racers money. I've heard guys at Attica say numerous times that they aren't going to buy a new tire to run Wayne County, and vice versa. Besides, you can't get any more nights out of a medium than you can an H 15. The rubber gets hard after heat cycling and it seals over. Grinding the top layer off doesn't help that, the entire tire has been heat cycled and the rubber does not have the same amount of grip. This usually happens somewhere between 2 and 3 nights, no matter the tire compound.

Comment

If a team wants to run Attica on Friday and Wayne County or Atomic Saturday then they need two different RR tires. That adds an extra $250 expense to their racing that weekend. Not to mention they now have to dismount and remount the tires adding extra work. $250 is about what you would pay for fuel and pit passes so you're basically doubling the amount of money a team is going spend to go racing. Yes, you can buy a new a tire to run All Star or WoO races, but then what do you with that tire afterwards? You can't run it at Attica or Fremont the next weekend. Fact is that the medium tire rule is costing tracks cars and costing racers money. I've heard guys at Attica say numerous times that they aren't going to buy a new tire to run Wayne County, and vice versa. Besides, you can't get any more nights out of a medium than you can an H 15. The rubber gets hard after heat cycling and it seals over. Grinding the top layer off doesn't help that, the entire tire has been heat cycled and the rubber does not have the same amount of grip. This usually happens somewhere between 2 and 3 nights, no matter the tire compound.

I dont disagree. I just know from helping out 305 guys that cant afford tires, that is the route we go.

Comment

And where did that 305 run..at the back of the pack

Comment

How many teams do you see running Attica and then Atomic on the same weekend or even on a regular basis? I understand Attica and the Fremont/Wayne County, but not Atomic on a regular basis.

It isn't like the tires go bad if you don't use them so the next trip you make at one of those tracks you can bolt it on and not have to pay anything that night because you stated it can last 2-3 nights of racing. So buying two different tires at two different tracks should last you 6 races no matter if it is Medium or a H15. So if you run Attica on Friday night it should last you 3 nights of racing and then when you go to Wayne county it will last you 3 nights.

Fremont/Attica has a higher purse and a higher payout along with the FAST series which helps teams cover the cost, but I realize that teams don't look at it like that where Wayne County doesn't have a high of a point fund or even as high of a weekly purse especially with their car counts.

Comment

If Wayne county would do a tire deal more like Attica & Fremont they might get more cars coming that way. I personally have 3 friend that say they will not come to wayne county because they are on the medium tire and are not buying a tire to run Wayne County!
                  If you don't want to dismount, fine buy another wheel which I'm sure you can afford, and in the long run will save us all $'s, You might not get 5 nights but let me tell you 3 nights will work! Ive already done 2 & 3 nights already on H15 at Wayne county. the place is not that hard on tires and any night we could run extra is a bonus.
                  as far as heat cycles goes.... check out a durometer and and get educated.
                  TIRE COST are the 1st reason owners drop out of racing period!
                  Maybe Atomic ought to look at it too!

​I'm going to tell you, If Attica didn't have the tire rule you would probably only see less than 20 - 305's and 15 or so 410's now that the AllStars are running nearly every weekend!

I can love the sport as a Driver / owner or just go watch like the rest of the grandstands????

Comment

50 laps to maybe 3 heat cycles is about the best you'll get out of a tire. You can sipe, grind, cut all you want, to maybe get ya by just a little longer, but the best life out of a tire is 50 laps to 3 heat cycles, even if you still have plenty of block left.

Comment

• Originally posted by threeCracing View Post
                      And where did that 305 run..at the back of the pack

Thanks

Comment

• ^^ front runner 😁

Comment

Working...
                        X