Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2017 Silly Season News Thread (Teams/Drivers/Tracks)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2017 Silly Season News Thread (Teams/Drivers/Tracks)

Whats all the new ride changes for 2017? Here's what I got so far.

Chris Andrews back in the Burmeister #16 locally
    Joey Saldana in the Wood owned #17w the outlaws schdule
    Josh Richards in the best performance #31 supposed to run the outlaw schedule
    Brandon Sheppard rumored to be in Richards old ride?
    Anyone know if Broc Martin is going to stay in the #97 and run the fast series?
    Dale Blaney still a free agent?
    Any other changes?

Tony Stewart said in an interview with ESPN earlier this week he is frustrated that engineering has taken over NASCAR racing and taking most of the skill out of the driver's hands. While Stewart plans to retire from Cup racing, he said he has told his sprint-car team management to be ready for him to run 40-50 races next season. He will have to wait until February to race because he will have the screws taken out of his back in December. He said his first race next year will be on pavement and will be in someone else's equipment but he wouldn't reveal more than that

Comment

Speedweek 2017 is looking to be Epic. Im ready to put in for my vacation now.

Comment

Originally posted by mudinmybeer View Post
        Speedweek 2017 is looking to be Epic. Im ready to put in for my vacation now.
        plus 1

Comment

Think Tony is tired of all the other things in NASCAR and not just the engineering. Think sponsorship arrangements (even though he knows they are important), speaking engagements, media attention/interviews/shows, etc... is all part of the reason he is ready for "after NASCAR".

Really hoping the All-Stars can create more excitement and sprint car racing in general has a very big year next season ... think if Tony does well it might allow some of these other guys to have some fun when NASCAR isn't racing. Glad to see it took Tony awhile, but he built up a empire through NASCAR money and now is going back to what he truly loves.

Comment

Thursday- July 20th Hilltop Millersburg,OH
            Friday- July 21st- OPEN
            Saturday- July 22nd Wayne County
            Sunday July 23rd - Open
            Wednesday July 26th- Open
            Thursday July 27th- Open
            Friday July 28th- Bruschcreek Motorsports Complex
            Saturday July 29th- Atomic

Would be really amazing if Attica took the Friday date and millstream takes the sunday date. according to the Atomic facebook page attica and millstream have been offered those dates. let them know you want to see it happen.

Comment

Lucas Wolfe, Kerry Madsen, Max Stambaugh
              2018 Racin' Chasin' Counter: 7 - (3)-Ocala, (2)-Volusia, (1)-Williams Grove, (1)-Port Royal, (2-Rain Outs)
              2017 Racin' Chasin' Counter: 57 Races @ 30 Tracks; (7-Rain Outs)
              2016 Racin' Chasin' Counter: 59 Races @ 28 Tracks; (15-Rain Outs)
              2015 Racin' Chasin' Counter: 56 Races @ 25 Tracks; (12-Rain Outs)

Comment

Sprint cars (more details to Ross's post and more that hasn't been mentioned)
                1. Lucas Wolfe went to Mike Barshinger's car
                2. Kerry Madsen went to the Quiring owned #2 (Lasoski's old ride)
                3. Max Stambaugh went to the Ray Marshall Motorsports 33M
                4. Broc Martin seemed inconclusive on whether or not he's driving the Seeling 97 or family owned 83m this season in an interview.
                5. Dale Blaney is allowed to use cars/equipment still but needs to find a sponsor and a crew chief if he chooses to stay with CH motorsports. (RUMORED)
                6. Carl Bowser went to Chiappelli motorsports in Western Pa.
                Late Models
                1. Brandon Sheppard to family owned car
                2. Jonathan Davenport to Barry Wright House Car
                3. Brandon Overton will drive for Randy Weaver in #116
                4. Steve Francis racing using his own equipment this year
                5. Tim McCreadie to be longhorn house car driver

All of these are from solid sources (except when noted). Too numerous to list. A pretty decent breakdown is listed here: http://thedirtnetwork.blogspot.com/p/410-sp.html
                Last edited by GTigers55; November 20th, 2016, 09:52 PM.
                2018 Race Counter: 2
                Atomic (1), Attica (1)

Comment

I'm a sprint car guy but that would be pretty cool for them to get speedweek shows for the late models. I do hope they take the dates I'd like to see that. Be nice for the local guys to have a few "home" races during buckeye speedweek.
                  2018 Race Counter: 2
                  Atomic (1), Attica (1)

Comment

Just an opinion, but I don't think there is enough fan support for a stand alone Late Model Speedweek show at Findlay, Attica, or Fremont. These 3 tracks are one wheel entrenched.

Comment

Originally posted by Racing's Vigilante View Post
                      Just an opinion, but I don't think there is enough fan support for a stand alone Late Model Speedweek show at Findlay, Attica, or Fremont. These 3 tracks are one wheel entrenched.
                      Why would it have to be a stand alone event? Why couldn't you have the 410's local show with the 305's as well at Attica? Have the 410's or 360's at Findlay with another support class like the 305's or their favorite stocks/trucks class?

I don't believe Fremont is being offered one of those dates. They don't even run late models besides the limited lates.

As for fan support you would be surprised what fans come out especially if they knew some bigger names would be attending these events as well. At the right time and if they hit it just right you could see some guys that travel hit these shows especially if they are paying decent. If that would happen than you would see more fan support along with more fans in the stands, more cars on the track, and more interest for late models at these tracks.

Findlay and Attica are far enough apart that your going to only get a small amount of fans that travel to both events or would consider only one.

Comment

Originally posted by GTigers55 View Post
                        I'm a sprint car guy but that would be pretty cool for them to get speedweek shows for the late models. I do hope they take the dates I'd like to see that. Be nice for the local guys to have a few "home" races during buckeye speedweek.
                        Would think it would be good for the local late models to have a few bigger shows as well. That can help those teams financially along with possibly bringing more cars to the area or have some teams travel to a place like Attica more often.

Think that is one thing that is hurting late models at a place like Attica that they don't have very many big races or paying races for the local teams. Of course a bigger purse throughout the year would help on the local show payouts as well to try and attract more late models too.

Comment

Josh Richards went to best motorsports car

Comment

What if ARP combined the NRA 360's with Buckeye Latemodel Speedweek on Friday July 21? Would enough fans support what would be an unusal show. Car counts are hard to predict. Perhaps the 305's and/or the trucks need to be on the card too. I would attend this show at ARP and the event scheduled at WCS on Satuday

Comment

Tires and non ump points sore the 2 major issues

Comment

Working...
                              X