2017 World of Outlaw's News/Results

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2017 World of Outlaw's News/Results

WoO added a random drug testing for ALL drivers at randomly selected racers starting this year. The drug tests are for recreational drugs and alcohol, and not performance enhancing drugs. I thought it was a well needed addition to the rules. I'd prefer them be certain nobody is under the influence while racing and putting people's lives in danger. More information can be found in the link below.
    2018 Race Counter: 13
    Atomic (1), Attica (4), Mansfield (2), Wayne Co. (1), Fremont (2), Montpelier (1), Eldora (1), Waynesfield (1)

Since this past Tuesday's race was such a huge success what changes would you make for it to be even better next year? I say add a non-qualifiers race for 2k-3k to win. Anyone else want a support division or any other changes?

Comment

Move the event to a Friday night. This probably cannot happen as long as the BDC is WoO sanctioned.

Comment

I would change nothing. Maybe make it a little higher paying through the field but that is it.

Comment

Add support division

Comment

Originally posted by mudinmybeer View Post
            Since this past Tuesday's race was such a huge success what changes would you make for it to be even better next year? I say add a non-qualifiers race for 2k-3k to win. Anyone else want a support division or any other changes?
            Sometimes change to just change isn't a smart decision. I am not saying not tweak things or anything, but why keep messing with something that was so successful and I haven't heard from to many people that had a complaint about it at all and that is from fans, owners, drivers, teams, and even media people.

Brad has stated many times that he doesn't want a support series for that event especially during the week when so many people are working the next day and usually draws out the program.

Not sure I understand or agree with having a non-qualifier race worth more than half the field of the A-Main? Doesn't make sense and likely wouldn't bring in anymore cars/fans because it is a weekly show. Look if the Doty race and the 3 races at Eldora cannot bring cars to the event such as the PA guys than nothing will. Heck Ohio had 5 shows worth 10,000 to win or more in a weeks time and couldn't bring in the PA guys (Lou Blaney all-star race, Doty WoO race, and the Eldora Thurs show ... had a 12,000 show at Eldora Friday and the 50,000 to win Saturday show which paid 3,000 to start the A-Main and had a 2,000 for the 5th place finisher in the B-Main.

Originally posted by racemak View Post
            Move the event to a Friday night. This probably cannot happen as long as the BDC is WoO sanctioned.
            So you want a FAST event? Because that is likely all you would get. I doubt that would ever happen and I doubt Brad would support that event going against the WoO's and also Eldora. For years Attica and Brad tried to get the event to become a WoO event and I doubt they are just going to give that date up especially since they was the ones who picked that date during the week 28 years ago to bring in fans and cars that would be heading to Eldora.

Also I doubt you get the car count, fan support, etc... If you take a look at Eldora Friday and Saturday night the crowds were huge. Heck even the Thursday night show was probably bigger than a normal WoO show at Eldora for a weekend event.

Comment

I would like it if the BDC was a F.A.S.T. event. That series and the track championships at Attica/Fremont interest me because I attend almost all the races. It's the ARP/Fremont cars and stars that I like. I enjoy reading about the WoO in the Area Auto Racing News, but I don't feel compelled to attend their races. If I go to a WoO event it has to be at a track I have never been to before.

Comment

I always attended the event when it was open comp or other than WoO and paid an increasing amount each year. It was up to around $ 14-15,000 to win years ago and added to the allure and excitement of the event. Now it's 10K even with 10 or so years of inflation. Maybe when the WoO eventually makes straight up starts the rule, the organizers will consider a return to an open comp or other sanction, and purse format. But for now, there is still a strong fan following for WoO sanctions due to the "prestige" factor. Additionally, not sure the WoO front office would allow teams to compete in a non Union event. With the crowd they had this year, they didn't miss me not being there.

Comment

Needs a support division

Comment

They could run the 305s as a support division. Sprint car fans like sprint cars

Comment

If they did that i might actually go!

Comment

Originally posted by RYAN5R View Post
                        If they did that i might actually go!
                        I understand your thought process but the racing last week was phenomenal.

Comment

Originally posted by racemak View Post
                          I would like it if the BDC was a F.A.S.T. event. That series and the track championships at Attica/Fremont interest me because I attend almost all the races. It's the ARP/Fremont cars and stars that I like. I enjoy reading about the WoO in the Area Auto Racing News, but I don't feel compelled to attend their races. If I go to a WoO event it has to be at a track I have never been to before.
                          The FAST series can have a 10,000 to win show anytime they want so why have it at the same time as one of the biggest races in sprint car racing? If it was a FAST event it wouldn't have the buzz or be a big event any longer especially if the WoO/All-Stars are all at Eldora during the same weekend. I am betting that Brad Doty wouldn't continue to support that event any longer being in direct competition with the WoO and also the King's Royal weekend and not to mention a lot of drivers that come to that race because of the namesake would no longer be there because of the Eldora race going on. Brad likes being down at Eldora for the King's Royal weekend. Also the fans wouldn't support it either especially the higher prices to see local talent and smaller car counts. The 25th place (5th in the B-Main Saturday) took home $2,000.00 Personally think the Tuesday night deal is perfect because you can bring in some of those outsiders that are interested in going to the King's Royal and also give teams a break afterwards to get ready for the Royal too. Just look at the teams that are sticking around for the Lernerville race being on a Tuesday night such as Ian Madsen before returning home.

Originally posted by Muddy99 View Post
                          I always attended the event when it was open comp or other than WoO and paid an increasing amount each year. It was up to around $ 14-15,000 to win years ago and added to the allure and excitement of the event. Now it's 10K even with 10 or so years of inflation. Maybe when the WoO eventually makes straight up starts the rule, the organizers will consider a return to an open comp or other sanction, and purse format. But for now, there is still a strong fan following for WoO sanctions due to the "prestige" factor. Additionally, not sure the WoO front office would allow teams to compete in a non Union event. With the crowd they had this year, they didn't miss me not being there.
                          The WoO have the prestige because they have some of the best drivers/teams in the country and usually when the WoO run in this area they attract the All-Stars as well who aren't to shabby.

Another thing to remember the WoO's don't set the winning purse number ... yea they have the 10,000 to win policy, but the tracks can make it whatever they want over that amount, but the tracks usually don't do it because then they have to worry about over pricing the customers to see the event. If Attica could keep getting the crowds they had this past year for the BDC they could easily have a higher to win race or even bring in more seating or put up newer bigger grandstands to accommodate more race fans as well so maybe they could have the WoO more than just once a year.

Let's remember as well with the BDC being a WoO event you got a lot more fans in the stands, a lot better cars/teams, and a lot bigger crowds as well.
                          Last edited by ErocWolverine; July 18th, 2016, 10:48 PM.

Comment

Didn't start sanctioned and drew good equipment then. What you say carries merit but how much does that woo title carry, that's promoter/ owner decision

Comment

A WoO sprint car race is still just a sprint car race. Ditto for the "Dirt Classic Ohio". The advance ticket sales for that race were so slow the series' officials cancelled the original date. I have lost interest in big events. The regular Attica/Fremont shows are the best. Oakshade is good too. So are Wayne County and Hilltop.

Comment

Working...
                              X