• Show
Clear All

• 2017 FAST Series News/Results

FAST Series set for growth in 2017

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
    Tuesday, Jan. 17, 2017
    419-307-4241

By Brian Liskai

FREMONT, Ohio – The 410 and 305 sprint teams who plan to the run the 2017 FAST series will compete for the highest purses in the nine year history of the organization.

“We have had a lot of interest in the FAST series over the winter and I’m proud that we will continue to give our local racers a chance to compete for more money than ever before. Of course none of that would be possible if not for the support of all our great marketing partners. I want to welcome All Pro Aluminum Cylinder Heads as the title sponsor of the 410 FAST series along with new presenting sponsor Ohio Logistics. Jon Horn and JLH General Contractor is once again stepping up as the title sponsor of the 305 FAST series with Engine Pro returning as presenting sponsor,” said Rich Farmer, FAST President.

“Kistler Racing Products was the title sponsor of the FAST 410 series since its inception and will continue to be a supporter of the organization. I can’t thank Paul Kistler enough for all he has done not only for FAST but for area racing in general,” Farmer added.

The FAST Series started in 2009 and was called the Fremont Attica Sprint Title. It was a way to promote the great racing and teams of North Central Ohio at Fremont Speedway in Fremont, Ohio, and Attica Raceway Park in Attica, Ohio, and get more funds into the hands of the dedicated weekly racers. But, Farmer said the teams expressed a desire to compete at a few other tracks and the 2017 FAST Series schedule accomplishes that goal along with continuing to promote both Fremont Speedway and Attica Raceway Park.

“It’s all about showcasing the incredible talent we have in Ohio and giving our marketing partners more exposure. Of course a huge majority of the FAST events will take place at Attica and Fremont, but we’ve added a couple of new tracks for both the 410 and 305 sprints,” Farmer said.

“I’m very proud that our series charges tracks ZERO sanctioning fees and 100 percent of all the money raised goes directly into the pockets of the race teams. Our racers do this as a hobby and work for a living. Our focus is on the weekly racer…the guy who goes to work during the week and races on the weekend,” Farmer added.

The All Pro Aluminum Cylinder Heads FAST Series will compete in 25 races in 2017 – 20 of those are at either Attica or Fremont. FAST will participate with the Ohio Sprint Car Series (OSCS) in seven co-sanctioned events including a trip to the high banks of Atomic Speedway near Chillicothe, Ohio on Saturday, April 29.

“I want to thank Brad McCown of the OSCS for working with us once again. It’s great when promoters can work together to make our sport stronger,” Farmer said.

For the first time the All Pro Aluminum Cylinder Heads FAST Series will battle at the Waynesfield Raceway Park near Lima, Ohio on Monday, July 3 and to Mercer Raceway Park in Mercer, PA. Saturday, August 19.

The 410 FAST series along with the OSCS will be part of a huge weekend of racing at Mansfield Motor Speedway near Mansfield, Ohio, Friday and Saturday, Aug. 11-12 for the inaugural Great Lakes Dirt Nationals. The event, a conglomeration of all things open wheel, will feature the FAST and OSCS 410 Sprint Cars, as well as FAST 305 Sprint Cars and Buckeye Outlaw Sprint Series (BOSS) wingless sprints. The Great Lakes Dirt Nationals is highlighted by the $15,000 to win event on Saturday for FAST/OSCS as well as $5,000 to Win BOSS and $3,000 to Win FAST 305 sprint cars.

“We have multiple events paying $5,000 to the winner as well as the massive $15,000 to win event at Mansfield,” Farmer said.

The JLH General Contractor 305 FAST Series presented by Engine Pro will compete in 18 events in 2017 – 12 of those at either Attica or Fremont. The group will also compete at Waynesfield Raceway Park on Monday, July 3 and returns to the high banks of Limaland Motorsports Park in Lima, Ohio on Friday, July 14 and a second date on Friday, Aug. 4. The FAST 305 series is part of the Great Lakes Dirt Nationals at Mansfield on Aug. 11-12 and once again pays a visit to Mercer Raceway Park on Saturday, Aug. 19.

“At least half of the 305 FAST schedule will have increased purses from that of the weekly events,” Farmer said.

ALL PRO ALUMINUM CYLINDER HEADS FAST 410 SPRINT SERIES presented by Ohio Logistics 2017 Schedule
    (Races may be added, cancelled or changed)
    Friday, April 14 – Attica Raceway Park
    Saturday, April 22 – Fremont Speedway
    Friday, April 28 – Attica Raceway Park
    Saturday, April 29 – Atomic Speedway (co-OSCS)
    Friday, May 5 – Attica Raceway Park
    Saturday, May 6 – Fremont Speedway
    Friday, May 19 – Attica Raceway Park
    Saturday, May 20 – Fremont Speedway
    Saturday, May 27 – Fremont Speedway (co-OSCS)
    Friday, June 2 – Attica Raceway Park (co-OSCS)
    Saturday, June 3 – Fremont Speedway
    Friday, June 9 – Attica Raceway Park
    Saturday, June 10 – Fremont Speedway
    Friday, June 30 – Attica Raceway Park
    Saturday, July 1 – Fremont Speedway
    Monday, July 3 – Waynesfield Raceway Park
    Friday, July 28 – Attica Raceway Park (co-OSCS)
    Saturday, July 29 – Fremont Speedway
    Saturday, Aug. 5 – Fremont Speedway
    Friday, Aug. 11 – Mansfield Motor Speedway (co-OSCS)
    Saturday, Aug. 12 – Mansfield Motor Speedway (co-OSCS)
    Friday, Aug. 18 – Attica Raceway Park
    Saturday, Aug. 19 – Mercer Raceway Park
    Friday, Sept. 1 – Attica Raceway Park
    Friday, Sept. 15 – Fremont Speedway (co-OSCS, championship night)
    Awards Banquet – Saturday, Dec. 2 at the American Legion in Fremont

THE JLH GENERAL CONTRACTOR FAST 305 SPRINT SERIES presented by Engine Pro 2017 Schedule
    (Races may be added, cancelled or changed)
    Saturday, April 22 – Fremont Speedway
    Friday, April 28 – Attica Raceway Park
    Friday, May 19 – Attica Raceway Park
    Saturday, May 20 – Fremont Speedway
    Friday, June 9 – Attica Raceway Park
    Saturday, June 10 – Fremont Speedway
    Friday, June 30 – Attica Raceway Park
    Saturday, July 1 – Fremont Speedway
    Monday, July 3 – Waynesfield Raceway Park
    Friday, July 14 – Limaland Motorsports Park
    Friday, July 28 – Attica Raceway park
    Saturday, July 29 – Fremont Speedway
    Friday, Aug. 4 – Limaland Motorsports Park
    Friday, Aug. 11 – Mansfield Motor Speedway
    Saturday, Aug. 12 – Mansfield Motor Speedway
    Friday, Aug. 18 – Attica Raceway Park
    Saturday, Aug. 19 – Mercer Raceway Park
    Friday, Sept. 15 – Fremont Speedway – Championship Night
    Awards Banquet – Saturday, Dec. 2 at the American Legion in Fremont

Membership forms for teams wishing to participate in the FAST series are available at www.fastondirt.com and need to be returned by the April 14 season opener at Attica Raceway Park. FAST officials will be on hand at Attica to collect membership forms and to pass out decal packages.

FAST Series Information: FAST Series membership forms are now available online at www.fastondirt.com. Those who are seeking additional information regarding the 2017 All Pro Aluminum Cylinder Heads FAST Series presented by Ohio Logistics, or the 2017 JLH General Contractors FAST ‘305’ Series presented by Engine Pro, can do so by logging on to the official online home of the FAST Series at www.fastondirt.com. Be sure to stay updated on everything FAST related and ‘Like’ FAST on Facebook at fb.com/fastondirt and follow FAST on Twitter at @FASTseries.
    FAST On Dirt, Inc. would like to thank the following contributors to the 2016 FAST Series point fund:
    All Pro Aluminum Cylinder Heads, Ohio Logistics, JLH General Contractors, Engine Pro, Kistler Racing Products, Engler Machine & Tool, CP-Carillo Pistons, Design Graphics Group Inc., SCS Gearbox, Reebar Die Casting, Hoseheads.com, Level Performance, Young's RV Centers, Gressman Powersports, Hoserville Ohio, Jon Wright’s Custom Chrome Plating, Fremont Fence, Baumann Auto Group, Fricker’s, Goofy Golf, NAPA Auto Parts, Hoosier Tire, UNOH, Welty Financial Services, EZ Shop, US Army, Weld Racing Wheels

I was not aware that FAST did not charge a sanction fee to the tracks other than ARP/Fremont. That's a great deal especially for a new track like Mansfield.

Comment

The OSCS listed September 16th at Fremont as co-sanctioned with FAST in addition to September 15th. Is the Jim Ford not going to be sanctioned then or is it just OSCS sanctioned?
      2018 Race Counter: 2
      Atomic (1), Attica (1)

Comment

If the fast drivers support the traveling then I guess it's a good deal. Didn't see any traveling from the fast series until the Allstars and farmer got into it so it makes you wonder though.

Comment

I mentioned on another board when someone said Mansfield is the same weekend as the Nationals that that was great. Gives the smaller fella's a chance at some money. Will just have to see who comes to the other Field !!! Altough it is somewhat sanctioned it is not a big one.

Comment

Glad to see both the FAST On Dirt 410's and 305's having a modest number of road shows in 2017, especially on the nights Fremont is dark. I don't think this concept steps on anyone else's toes. I'll be attending the road shows for sure. The 305's brought good car counts and produced good racing at their road shows last year, so loooking forward to the same in 2017.

Comment

Originally posted by mudinmybeer View Post
              If the fast drivers support the traveling then I guess it's a good deal. Didn't see any traveling from the fast series until the Allstars and farmer got into it so it makes you wonder though.
              Yea it does especially since it has continued into this year as well.

Originally posted by Sprintcarfanatic View Post
              I mentioned on another board when someone said Mansfield is the same weekend as the Nationals that that was great. Gives the smaller fella's a chance at some money. Will just have to see who comes to the other Field !!! Altough it is somewhat sanctioned it is not a big one.
              Well you know with not many locals going to Knoxville or should say probably nobody than the big question isn't about cars/teams/drivers ... but the fans ... will they show up for a big paying event knowing that likely no All-Stars or probably big invaders coming in because of the Nationals and make it successful to keep doing it year after year at the same time?

Also the key might be the price of admission as well especially fans knowing who and who won't be there.

Comment

C'mon Man, who wouldn't want to see A Randy Fink or Brian Smith or some other lower budget team win 15 Grand ? I love that they are doing something without "The Big Dogs".

Comment

I'd love to see Randy Fink win it.
                  Looking for home security? try www.rssmonitoring.com Looking for eternal security? try www.ohiograce.comt

Comment

Originally posted by Sprintcarfanatic View Post
                    C'mon Man, who wouldn't want to see A Randy Fink or Brian Smith or some other lower budget team win 15 Grand ? I love that they are doing something without "The Big Dogs".
                    Bottom line ... are you willing to see locals for $25.00 is the question because that is likely going to be the admission price if not more? If you are good for you, but it will be interesting event.

Good luck to them on that event and putting up that kind of money, but I just don't see a lot of fans packing that place for that event. Remember a lot of people in this area flock to the Nationals as well who are the diehard fans so your already losing that small group.

Serious question ... How many more fans come to a "FAST" or "OSCS" event over a regular 410 racing event? You know when the WoO's or the All-Stars come to town from the size of the crowd, but I don't see much difference in a normal night and a FAST event at places like Attica or Fremont. Granted this event won't be a normal night with the amount of money they are putting into the event at least at the top.

Comment

A big part of that is because the FAST is composed of the Fremont and Attica locals as it is. The only two outsiders who registered (for the 410 series) only ran a couple events (Bill Rose, Adam Kekich) last year. But as for the FAST, OSCS, OVSCA at other tracks I think there is more of a difference. For example, southern ohio sprint car fans have no tracks running a weekly program this year as Skyline is under new ownership and took OVSCA off of the card. So now, anytime the OSCS, OVSCA, or for the civil war race with FAST v OSCS at Atomic are the only opportunities to go to a local track and see sprint cars run. In that case, I think more people will come because the events aren't every week. I think with Fremont, Attica, and WCS having sprints every week it's easy to forget most Ohio tracks just don't do it.

Speaking of WCS, the difference in their sprint car events when they bring in any sanctioning series is astounding. I went to a regular event on a night where almost every track cancelled and had about an hour delay due to rain, and there were only 10 sprint cars. Now I'm sure part of that was people assuming they'd cancel, and the crowd and car count for sprints showed it. I also saw a night where the OSCS raced and one where the OVSCA raced. I've gotta say those were some of the more entertaining races I watched last year. Both times, the crowds were pretty filled too. Now, obviously this wasn't a $25 event, but I do think to casual fans when they see some letters thrown on a show and it says special it does make a bit of difference.

I'm hoping the event will be no more than the standard $22 GA at ASCoC events... But I'll still probably go regardless because I really want to see Mansfield succeed and I do think that more drivers and fans will come to this then we think. Sommer did a good job of promoting that Gateway Dirt Classic and it had a good car count, don't see why this would be Too much different if done right.
                      Atomic (1), Attica (1)

Comment

Originally posted by GTigers55 View Post
                        I'm hoping the event will be no more than the standard $22 GA at ASCoC events... But I'll still probably go regardless because I really want to see Mansfield succeed and I do think that more drivers and fans will come to this then we think. Sommer did a good job of promoting that Gateway Dirt Classic and it had a good car count, don't see why this would be Too much different if done right.
                        I am not going to overpay just to help support a track for the product though. Unless the pay scale on back isn't very good (like what is rumored to happen in St. Louis) I don't see how they will be able to charge "no more than a All-Star" race. They are paying 15,000 along with 5,000, and 3,000 to win race on one day.

I want Mansfield to succeed as well and hopefully their schedule continues to grow over the years. Will likely go see the All-Star race and the Lucas Oil late model shows right now.

I am just not a fan of paying 25.00 to see a local show no matter the purse. Glad some of you guys will be or likely and hope you enjoy the show.

Comment

If the guy knows how to prep a track and the program runs efficiently, fans will start to show up. WCS is a perfect example of this. The place used to be a dump but now a lot of people show up especially for the bigger shows

Comment

Ill pay the $25 if the car count is going to be great. For 15k there will be some invaders. might not be the top tier invaders but im sure someone will come here for 15k to win over driving all the way to nationals. We have a lot of local drivers that can put butts in the seat too and Mansfield has that perfect location between southern,oh-northern,oh-Indiana- and western,pa so id expect a lot of cars and fans. sounds good to me just to have the other divisions running for good money.

Comment

I imagine a lot of western PA guys will come, they don't seem to flock to Knoxville so I'm thinking they will be there.
                              Atomic (1), Attica (1)

Comment

Working...
                              X