2017 Fremont Speedway News/Results

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2017 Fremont Speedway News/Results

I know they don't have a schedule out yet but all the big series do and what has Farmer got for special shows besides FAST (locals) and BOSS? No outlaws, or allstars this year.

They have NRA 360/305 challenge and ALMS on April 29th. OSCS/FAST May 27th. NRA/GLSS in addition to FAST and FAST 305 July 1st. OSCS on both September 15th and 16th. All per sanction bodies schedules. Other than that haven't heard a peep from Fremont.
    2018 Race Counter: 2
    Atomic (1), Attica (1)

Comment

Farmer is trying to build his own brand with the FAST series. If you are a local 305 or 410 racer it really is a great series.

Comment

the one one Saturday of labor day weekend could be a great show with all 3 sprint classes and the allstars have races Friday at attica and sunday at Mansfield could pull a few extra outsiders looking for a full weekend for racing depending what they pay to win, if farmer puts up 5K would definitely draw some intrest from outsiders.

Comment

Memorial day weekend? And yea that Saturday is still TBD on the Allstars schedule too. Wcs has the world of outlaw late models that Saturday so it would be ideal if Fremont had a big show and the Allstars aren't running against them. Really fan wise it would be nice if Fremont got the Allstars on may 27th and put back on the speedweek schedule for that open date but that's not looking good with the Allstars leaving Fremont's big memorial day weekend shows in limbo by putting a TBD on there schedule and holding Fremont hostage on advertising a big show till a few weeks prior to the event like last year. Farmer screwed the invaders at the Jim ford last season so good luck on there big shows this season. I'll be at Wcs unless Fremont gets the Allstars on the schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by racechaser77 View Post
            the one one Saturday of labor day weekend could be a great show with all 3 sprint classes and the allstars have races Friday at attica and sunday at Mansfield could pull a few extra outsiders looking for a full weekend for racing depending what they pay to win, if farmer puts up 5K would definitely draw some intrest from outsiders.
            Do you mean Memorial day and not Labor Day?

I doubt the All-Stars will allow their drivers/teams to race at a track that isn't part of the All-Star schedule no matter the date and not benefiting sprint car racing or their series!

As for Labor Day as you suggest:
            Attica has a 5,000 to win show on Friday 9/1.
            Attica has a 10,000 to win All-Star show on Saturday 9/2.
            Wayne County has a 10,000 to win All-Star show on Sunday 9/3.

Originally posted by mudinmybeer View Post
            Really fan wise it would be nice if Fremont got the Allstars on may 27th and put back on the speedweek schedule for that open date but that's not looking good with the Allstars leaving Fremont's big memorial day weekend shows in limbo by putting a TBD on there schedule and holding Fremont hostage on advertising a big show till a few weeks prior to the event like last year. Farmer screwed the invaders at the Jim ford last season so good luck on there big shows this season. I'll be at Wcs unless Fremont gets the Allstars on the schedule.
            The only one who held Fremont hostage was Fremont and Farmer ... you can't blame the All-Stars for that mess. Everybody knows the deal with the All-Stars you either except it, get on board with it, or be forgotten and struggle to put races together with locals, local series, and a bunch of divisions that people use for restroom/eat/drink breaks.

Comment

Yes I meant memorial day, miss those 50 lappers at fremont I wish farmer would just hash it out with the allstars, its his loss.

Comment

The FAST series is going to have a solid following this year. I think Attica will have around 25-30 cars every week this year. Fremont has more competition but they still pay better than WCS and now about the same as Atomic.

Comment

I kinda would like to see the FAST go to Wayne County one time. I'm sure there's political reasons why the tracks won't do it but I'd like to see them run against the Wayne County locals like B Haud and Mumaw.
                  2018 Race Counter: 2
                  Atomic (1), Attica (1)

Comment

Originally posted by GTigers55 View Post
                    I kinda would like to see the FAST go to Wayne County one time. I'm sure there's political reasons why the tracks won't do it but I'd like to see them run against the Wayne County locals like B Haud and Mumaw.
                    I doubt Farmer would do that for several reasons ... first off he isn't going to run the FAST series when Fremont is open for racing and then he isn't going to give the competition a better show and that is what he would do by taking the FAST series to another Saturday night competitor. Going to Atomic is one thing because he doesn't have to worry about those guys as competition per say on a weekly basis.

Comment

Well on the other side its building the fast series brand and expanding to another track. there going to Mansfield already which could become a competition.

Comment

Originally posted by mudinmybeer View Post
                        Well on the other side its building the fast series brand and expanding to another track. there going to Mansfield already which could become a competition.
                        Well of course they are going to put their name on that race event if they could ... Fremont isn't racing yet along with a huge payout so they can advertise their series as a huge payout. A win-win for each one at this time. Having the FAST series going to Wayne County would be a different story since they run a weekly 410 show along with being ran on Saturday's as well.

I don't see Mansfield being a serious threat with Fremont like Wayne County is simply because Mansfied isn't running regular shows, they aren't running 410's weekly, and likely won't either. The only way they can run a 410 weekly racing is if they go to Sunday or try and beat out the purse structure of places like Fremont and Wayne County. I don't see drivers that run Fremont regularly now driving by that track to run at Mansfield unless a huge payout difference. Remember our area guys don't travel very far from home.

Comment

Originally posted by ErocWolverine View Post

Well of course they are going to put their name on that race event if they could ... Fremont isn't racing yet along with a huge payout so they can advertise their series as a huge payout. A win-win for each one at this time. Having the FAST series going to Wayne County would be a different story since they run a weekly 410 show along with being ran on Saturday's as well.

I don't see Mansfield being a serious threat with Fremont like Wayne County is simply because Mansfied isn't running regular shows, they aren't running 410's weekly, and likely won't either. The only way they can run a 410 weekly racing is if they go to Sunday or try and beat out the purse structure of places like Fremont and Wayne County. I don't see drivers that run Fremont regularly now driving by that track to run at Mansfield unless a huge payout difference. Remember our area guys don't travel very far from home.
                          This season Mansfield isn't running weekly but they wont succeed running just special shows and there plan isn't to do that im sure. they will be looking to schedule more and more shows to bring in more and more money which will turn into competition. Everyones chasing the same nickel Saturday night ( the big money night) and im sure Mansfield will follow suit next year. Mansfield might not run a weekly point fund but they will have shows butting heads with other Saturday tracks sooner rather then later. You seem so sure nobody will pass fremont up to run Mansfield and I disagree. its not always about the money but if Mansfield has a great crowd, smooth track, and the promoter isn't a dick you could easily see teams running Mansfield over fremont. Especially if the moneys not far off and Mansfield becomes the place to be. fremonts surviving off reputation and being the former pinnacle of 410 racing in ohio. was just a few years ago they had the outlaws there, two speedweek dates including the finale, and 2 double header allstar weekends. now there selling local racing and boss shows. good luck with bringing in the fans doing that another year. crowds were down last season and there track is either dry slick or rough. And lets not forget how farmer treated the invading teams last season for the jim ford and what he said on the loud speaker to the boss teams to run the track in. But back to my point I see weekly 410 racing there for the taking if Mansfield does it right.

Comment

What is the beef between the All Stars and Farmer?Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Kerner View Post
                              What is the beef between the All Stars and Farmer?Thanks
                              Wasn't it about sanctioning fees? Thought I remember that Farmer didn't like that they went up and also he had a good relationship with Webb too.

People need to remember that when Stewart bought the All-Stars they was struggling to field a few cars for the entire series and it was basically Blaney and a few guys.

Now they are putting together a possible driver/team list of 16 drivers for the tour in a short time period. Of course prices on fees are going up when your paying your drivers/teams/owners their championship point fund money when you say so along with the fact that they are giving these guys tow money to follow the series as well. That is what helps some of these teams compete or travel the entire series along with a pretty good staff that is in charge of the day to day activities of the all-stars. When you put together a first class staff along with adding to the team/driver list things are bound to go up and your not getting a free ride any longer like what happened under Webb. You don't hear about people complaining about the series, the crew of the series, or the owner like you did under Webb besides the usual stuff.

Comment

Working...
                              X