2017 All-Stars News/Results

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2017 All-Stars News/Results

So the season begins ... Schatz wins the first race.

Just wondering if Fremont will be on the allstars schedule this upcoming season? Seems like fremont had a down year this season and the jim ford classic and there other marquee events didn't live up to expectations. woo show was great but the fast series isn't putting the butts in the seats like the allstars do. With the growth of the allstars this past season and if tony stewart gets back into running 410s I can see the allstars growing even more. especially for speedweek. imagine stewart, Abreu,Larson, and Kahne running certain nights and Fremont being left out. What really hurts is the fans knowing that none of the allstars can pop up on a off night like we where once spoiled with just a few seasons ago. Cancelling the jim ford with the rain date of sunday burned a bunch of the western pa guys that made the trip over. Wouldn't expect them to make it back next year and that's what was so great about fremont was its big money races that brought cars in from other states. Indiana,michigan, and pa especially.Plus the austrailians. Doesn't look good for fremont moving forward if they don't kiss and make up with the allstars in my opinion. See what the schedule holds for 2017 and with a whole year for farmer to put something together. This is a make or break year coming up whether there on or off the allstar schedule.

Comment

I was up there a good handful of times last year and they seemed to do just fine to me. Would all stars help, yeah, but as for their weekly shows. They did just fine. And they canceled the rain date of the jim ford classic because of lack of car counts for the following night. Most of the travelers were heading back cause there was also a chance of rain the following day and with all the rain there were getting that saturday, I can't blame anyone for that in that situation. It's a damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Comment

Maybe the AllStars don't want to be cussed at over the PA because they don't want to go run the track in after a shower. Or run on a track that's so rough that half the field either breaks or wrecks.

Comment

Rough like Atomic ? I do agree, however, with the cussing part. Sometimes the weather decides the track conditions, not the promoter or equipment operator. And, there are going to be times when the cars are going to have to help pack the track in order to race before 3 AM. Tony was rousting stockers at Millstream to help pack following a shower at an ASCOC event this year. Even got surly with one poor chap who was trying to get his stocker fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by J.Shambaugh1J View Post
            I was up there a good handful of times last year and they seemed to do just fine to me. Would all stars help, yeah, but as for their weekly shows. They did just fine. And they canceled the rain date of the jim ford classic because of lack of car counts for the following night. Most of the travelers were heading back cause there was also a chance of rain the following day and with all the rain there were getting that saturday, I can't blame anyone for that in that situation. It's a damned if you do, damned if you don't.
            I don't remember rain in the forecast to be honest. I don't remember that much rain. We had just about the same amount of rain the night before I believe when Fremont ran later in the schedule a few weeks after this event. Think the low fan turn out had a lot more to do with it or not expecting a big fan turnout I should say with the payout had everything to do with it.

If I remember correctly it was suppose to be near 80 degrees on the make-up date and sunny most of the day.

Comment

I haven't been to Fremont much but the couple times I've been up there the track was rough, once to the point where I was legitimately concerned for the driver safety. I understand they can't control track conditions sometimes due to rain and other factors, but when the track was obviously dangerous I would've preferred to wait 15 minutes for them to go back over the rough patches.

EDIT: I'd like to point out I'm not intending to bash Fremont. I still enjoyed my visit up there, and if I lived closer I would go there more often. I live 30 minutes from Attica and an hour and 15 minutes from Fremont. For a regular event it's (mostly) the same drivers at both tracks, and for me I'd choose the closer track every time. I would probably go to Fremont again if for an All Star show or for the Outlaw show, but as for weekly shows it isn't worth the drive when I drive by Attica on the way there.
              Last edited by GTigers55; October 30th, 2016, 11:51 PM.
              2018 Race Counter: 13
              Atomic (1), Attica (4), Mansfield (2), Wayne Co. (1), Fremont (2), Montpelier (1), Eldora (1), Waynesfield (1)

Comment

I am always shocked at how many people still race. The cost is so outrageous and the purses stay the same. It is crazy

I dont understand the track prep at Fremont. They never have the push trucks pack the track and i dont know why

Comment

Hopefully something happens for both sides to where they can work something out. I am not a promoter but from what I have heard from some people in that industry is that regular shows really do not make enough money for a track to succeed. Hopefully that is not the case for Fremont. I only got up there once this year for the Outlaws and that was the first time I had been in about 2years. With having a pregnant wife last year and a new born this year I have had to pick and choose my race dates wisely and try to get more bang for my buck. I have been to "regular shows" at Attica, Fremont, and Atomic and have enjoyed each of them but for the past couple years my approach has been why go to a weekly/FAST show when I can see the Outlaws or All Stars or USAC? Not downplaying or putting down the weekly warriors as I have great respect for them and the support divisions 305/ trucks/mods/stocks. I am someone when I go to a race I park my butt in my seat and watch from the time cars push out until the final flag has dropped on which ever class and enjoy each. However, my current position if i had a choice driving over 2hours to Fremont between going to a weekly show one week or wait and see a big show the next, I'm choosing the big show since the regulars will be there with the outlaws OR Allstars or both.

Comment

Fremont is quickly becoming a joke. The place is either so heavy and rutted it tears the **** outta cars, or so dry slick its a skating rink, and the staff acts like they could care less if your there. The All Stars don't need Fremont, and don't look for them to be back this year.
                    2018 RACE COUNTER: 24

Volusia - 3, Attica - 6, Atomic - 3, Wayne County - 5, Mansfield - 2, Hilltop - 1, Waynesfield - 2, Eldora - 1, Sharon - 1

Comment

Will it be better next year ? Thought I seen where they are putting down new clay.

Comment

Yeah they got new clay (they posted it on facebook). I do hope that'll smooth it out for next year, gonna try to hit the Outlaws show this year if I can.
                        2018 Race Counter: 13
                        Atomic (1), Attica (4), Mansfield (2), Wayne Co. (1), Fremont (2), Montpelier (1), Eldora (1), Waynesfield (1)

Comment

I'll probably hit the Boss shows.

Comment

Just keep it slick like Jim Ford always did. That's the only way Fremont can be

Comment

Go back slick like ford days and I'll quit going again.

Comment

Working...
                              X