Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2017 Limaland Motorsports Park News/Results

Comment

Weather is perfect! Hope everyone enjoys the races tonight!

Comment

I'm considering hitting a new track and I was wondering about Limaland. I have heard both good and bad but would like to hear some details. Is this a good track or is track prep iffy? Is seating limited or do they have plenty of seating available? What about parking? Can you carry a cooler in or do you have to purchase everything from the concession stand? Do their shows start on time and run a timely schedule or are they always late and behind schedule? Is there a racing curfew at Limeland?

Thanks for any and all information you can provide. I will return the favor down the road if I can.

Comment

Great facility and I don't think you will be disappointed with the BOSS nonwingers being there. Probably be close to 40 cars in the house. Track can get a bit dusty depending on wind direction. Lima historically runs a tight show not dragging things out. Not 100% sure on the curfew but I would be they have one as close as it sits to the community. Enjoy the show at a great bullring.

Comment

No curfew. No glass. Lotsa seating & parking. If they run sprints 1st & you don't want to stay for anything else that's when I strongly advise you to leave because it bottle necks together as you come out to the road. Pits & general parking

Mudpacker if you do come I want you to visualize as your coming in that between the Y was where the old pond used to be & that was outside what was turns 1 & 2. the right side is general parking & the pits is to the left, they also have some parking over there right before getting to the pitgate.

Comment

If rain in forecast be cautious if long drive and rain checks used to be good on select events only

Comment

Originally posted by Jim11h View Post
                If rain in forecast be cautious if long drive and rain checks used to be good on select events only
                That is a understatement there ... usually they cancel days ahead of time if rain is likely ... hahaha.

As for the track a very nice facility and a good place to watch races.

Like others have said watch the wind direction and where to sit at because it usually gets a little dusty (like most higher banked tracks) with bleachers closer to the track.

Can't really remember the last time I was there on a "normal" night because usually I am at Attica or some place else ... it has been awhile because usually the only times I have been there in quite awhile has been for the All-Star speedweek shows or the Brad Doty WoO race when it was there.

Comment

I haven't seen non-wangs there since 2004 so I am looking forward to Friday. The weather is looking good too.

Comment

Jordan Ryan was declared the winner after John Ivy was DQ'd for failing to pass tech. I believe Rich Farmer said on twitter that they teched 9 cars and 7 of the 9 passed. I don't have any knowledge of who the second car that didn't pass was. Odd timing as someone just said on hoseheads that the Fremont/Attica area 305s are never teched earlier this week.

EDIT: Liskai's article says they teched 8 and 7 passed. Probably a typo in Rich's tweet that I originally sourced.
                    Last edited by GTigers55; July 15th, 2017, 11:08 AM.
                    2018 Race Counter: 2
                    Atomic (1), Attica (1)

Comment

Matt Foos was the other DQ. They had pre race tech as well as post race. He failed pre race. There will be teching at FAST 305 travel races. They teched at the Sandusky County Fair race in 2016 and will tech again at the 2017 renewal, based on what I was told. The 2017 Sandusky County Fair 305 race will be Tuesday, August 22, paying at least $ 1200 to win and $ 175 to start. Last year's event ended up paying $ 2000 to win, thanks to businesses and individuals who added to the payoff during the evening. As for teching, better late than never. Now, let's RACE !

Comment

So in another word ... if your illegal stay at home for the travel races, but your welcomed at the normal shows at Attica/Fremont?

Really think this has been way overdue and hope that Fremont and Attica starting doing this as well on a regular basis.

I guess we will see and how this my effect car counts and who stays home and who comes for a division that has becoming the larger car count on normal race nights.

Not saying Weaver needs to be tested or is cheating, but he has been dominating the 305's and betting a lot of teams welcome the testing knowing teams are on the same level playing field.

Comment

last interview i read after weaver won he begged to be teched. theres been rumor around on ivy this seasonso maybe they're true after limaland post race DQ

Comment

It should be noted that after the 77 was dq'd farmer teched the 11x and it passed.

Comment

Duly noted that the 11X passed inspection. I think they don't tech at weekly shows because they can't find a person to perform the task. Who would want to be disliked and / or accused of improprieties while performing the job for a few dolllars pay ? I agree that whether it is open comp or FAST, it would be approrpriate to tech half or more of the nights. I have no clue as to how many cars are non compliant, but I hope there are not many or else we will create a new problem, which would be fewer cars. That class is down about 5-6 cars per night already so far this season. Perhaps if the tracks or the series can find a person and periodically tech, it would, over time, eliminate the compliance problem. I wonder too what those 2 cars will do by the next weekend of racing.

Comment

Working...
                              X