2017 Eldora Speedway News/Results

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2017 Eldora Speedway News/Results

Let's hope the Eldora WoO and USAC shows the following weekend 5/12-5/13 have better weather ... that looks like my next chance to see a race or a event that I am interested in watching/paying for with my entertainment dollars. Could be good car counts for both series at Eldora, but especially the WoO portion of the show.

Remember those swamp buggy races that were on TNN 25 years ago? That was great TV racing and TV racing is all you're going to see this weekend. Of course the TV races can be rained out too.

Comment

Originally posted by ErocWolverine View Post
      Let's hope the Eldora WoO and USAC shows the following weekend 5/12-5/13 have better weather ... that looks like my next chance to see a race or a event that I am interested in watching/paying for with my entertainment dollars. Could be good car counts for both series at Eldora, but especially the WoO portion of the show.
      Eroc - Head to Crystal Motor Speedway Saturday for the SOD opener, weather is looking favorable. Support your home state!

Comment

Originally posted by staggerman View Post

Eroc - Head to Crystal Motor Speedway Saturday for the SOD opener, weather is looking favorable. Support your home state!
        When did Crystal Motor Speedway move to Ohio?

Comment

I was just about to get on and post this. Looks like another weekend where fans and drivers are going to have to look for updates and see where they might head in order to get some racing in.

Comment

Someone could try a sunday race based on the forecast I am looking at

Comment

Originally posted by ErocWolverine View Post

When did Crystal Motor Speedway move to Ohio?
              He says he is a wolverine so figured he knew his way to MI! I thought his heart bled Blue by his name! LOL

Comment

Originally posted by staggerman View Post

He says he is a wolverine so figured he knew his way to MI! I thought his heart bled Blue by his name! LOL
                I have also said many times I live 15 minutes from Attica as well.

Comment

Video is of a race that the WoO posted on youtube, 1983 race at Eldora! Unfortunately I won't be able to go to any races this weekend, was hoping I could make Eldora but didn't work out. Looks to be some VERY good racing this weekend across the state of Ohio in sprints. Full list of Ohio races to follow. Like I said, impressive resume of races this weekend. Wonder if any locals will race a 360 at Attica on Friday? Gressman ran 360 in Florida earlier this year so I imagine he'll be there.
                  5/12
                  NRA/GLSS, Att/WCSLM, 305, Vintage at Attica
                  WoO/USAC at Eldora
                  5/13
                  410, Att/WCS LM, SS, LLM, MS at Wayne County
                  BOSS, 305, LLM, Trucks at Fremont
                  WoO, USAC at Eldora
                  OSCS/FAST, LM, Sport mod, SS, MiniLates at Atomic

2018 Race Counter: 2
                  Atomic (1), Attica (1)

Comment

Yesterday on the Buckeye Speed Zone, Jordan Ryan said he will be racing a 360 and a 305 at ARP. About thirty 360's are expected to be at Attica tonite. I will be suprised if Phil Gressman is not there. Several ARP/Fremont 410 teams might be at Wayne County tomorrow.

Comment

Philo is going to Eldora for weekend, and Jordan should be at WCS since he's running points there. Wonder if Lee Jacobs will stick around WCS or if he's gonna run Atomic.
                      Atomic (1), Attica (1)

Comment

Was wondering what the parking is like at Eldora for Kings Royal on Saturday. Is it grass and get muddy easy with all this rain? Paved? Gravel? Debating on taking a 4WD versus a Monte Carlo so I'd appreciate it.
                        Atomic (1), Attica (1)

Comment

Originally posted by GTigers55 View Post
                          Was wondering what the parking is like at Eldora for Kings Royal on Saturday. Is it grass and get muddy easy with all this rain? Paved? Gravel? Debating on taking a 4WD versus a Monte Carlo so I'd appreciate it.
                          Depends on where you park ...

Most of it is gravel for the most part and depending on when you get there. A lot of it is reserved parking for campers, but have spots on Eldora grounds for car parking.

Then you have across the street on the front stretch that is grass field ... then in turns 4 across the street is grass ... then by turn 3 is where open camping is and free parking.

A little advise ... if your only going Saturday I would suggest getting there early ... as you can tell by the photo there are a lot of campers there. If you get there early enough might be able to park where the trailers stage (turn 3/4 where the suites are located in the early morning/afternoon before going inside the track (we park there all the time for the WoO races and pretty easy get out after the races especially if you use the first road which is the trailer road by turn 3 ... we camp in between there and the 2nd road which is by turn 4 and that is where a lot of the campers/fan walk so hard to get out that road right after the race if your trying to get out quick. If not there than best bet is behind the main grandstands, but that fills up quickly and likely filled first. If not there you have two choices and both are across the road of the track.

Since you have never been there before I would suggest getting there early as well just to walk around and see the big place ... it is massive and camper USA for that weekend in Darke county.

Turn 1 is where all the drivers and track have their shirts/food ... turn 4 is where they have other shirts, displays, food ... they usually have a auction of racing items in the big barn in turn 4 early afternoon on Saturday. If interested in bar stuff go to turn 4 bar is usually not as busy as the main grandstands. Steak on a stick in turn 4 is very good as well and old enough or somebody can get you one I suggest the "toilet water" ... pretty good drink and Eldora official drink ... of course a lot of this depends on where your sitting at, etc... if you have general admission tickets I would suggest getting there VERY EARLY and staking your spot as soon as you get there because a lot of the seating is reserved especially on the concrete and most of the main grandstands, think all the other stands is limited general admission, but not sure. We sit in turn 4 on the concrete -- love those seats.

I will likely update this on Friday night/Saturday morning on how much if any rain happens down there if you need it.
                          Image result for eldora speedway overhead photos

Comment

I was figuring on being there decently early hopefully. I got my dad and I reserved seats for Christmas in the aisle because I knew how rough it'd be with GA. I am 21 now so I might have to try that toilet water... Heard they've got good food there so will have to try some. And yeah only the Saturday show this year. Don't got the cash to hit all 3 nights. Looking forward to getting there for first time. It'll also be my first WoO show. Up until last year I'd never been to another track than Attica. Now I've been to 7 tracks. This'll be the 8th.
                            Atomic (1), Attica (1)

Comment

That was a great race. Ryan Smith 24th to 5th, C Bell from 20th to 2nd charging through the field. Cole Duncan and Lee Jacobs running 4th and 6th as Locals was just outstanding. Schatz proved why he's the best active sprint car driver right now. Made that race look very easy after moving into lead. I believe that 13 cars finished on the lead lap. Chad Kemenah ran 7th which is a very good finish for that team as well, and Sheldon Haud held on to tenth in his first ever kings royal a main start. I had an absolute blast last night. That event will always stand out in my mind, not just for the racing but the outstanding preparation and atmosphere created by that race. Got to witness the first ever back to back winner of the Kings Royal and be part of the largest crowd in Kings Royal history all at my first Outlaw race. That's pretty damn awesome experience to get to share with my father.
                              Atomic (1), Attica (1)

Comment

Working...
                              X