No announcement yet.

2018 Edgewater Motorsports Park News/Results

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Edgewater is right on the Great Miami River and goes under quite often.

As for other things, A local Race Club had a meeting that included the owners of the new track and said that they are hoping for early june racing. Were still up in the air on classes.

Found out from some race buddies the lighting is Old Kokomo lighting and that they have some small grandstands there but are looking for more of both. Will take much more lighting than just what Kokomo had.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles Nungester View Post
      Edgewater is right on the Great Miami River and goes under quite often.

As for other things, A local Race Club had a meeting that included the owners of the new track and said that they are hoping for early june racing. Were still up in the air on classes.

Found out from some race buddies the lighting is Old Kokomo lighting and that they have some small grandstands there but are looking for more of both. Will take much more lighting than just what Kokomo had.
      So they scrapping the April date then from the sounds of it?
      2018 Race Counter: 18
      Atomic (1), Attica (5), Mansfield (3), Wayne Co. (2), Fremont (2), Montpelier (1), Eldora (1), Waynesfield (1), Kokomo (1), Limaland (1)

Comment

Thats a safe bet. Its just cut in, not finished, only a small second of wall footer poured, no lighting up.
        Lot of work for only 60ish days. would take three months of good weather and constant working to get it ready IMHO.

Comment

Edgewater Motorsports Park

Comment

Not very promising. I wonder if poured footers for grandstands and etc get permanently weakened when they sit immersed in water for a few weeks every year ? Is this track in relatively close proximity to Lawrenceburg ? Will they be competing with each other for customers ? Is this new track a good idea to grow racing, or is it another venue competing for a slice of pie which has not been growing ? Interesting subject.

Comment

Originally posted by Muddy99 View Post
              Not very promising. I wonder if poured footers for grandstands and etc get permanently weakened when they sit immersed in water for a few weeks every year ? Is this track in relatively close proximity to Lawrenceburg ? Will they be competing with each other for customers ? Is this new track a good idea to grow racing, or is it another venue competing for a slice of pie which has not been growing ? Interesting subject.
              Concrete - wise should be fine as long as it was poured and cured a little bit before all this water on it. Biggest thing might be did they have any thaw/freeze action along with did they pour the concrete deep enough so you don't have any heaving when under water or even afterwards especially if it gets a cold snap again and of course once it warms up again.

Got to think it was going to be tough to hit their target date before all this happened, but really got to think they won't now for sure unless they get a bunch of help besides just a few guys who seem to be working on this project now.

Agree with you about growing vs. slice of the pie ... seems like we are getting a lot of tracks all trying to split the same cars or fight for them. Really think some of these tracks should try for special events when other tracks aren't running, try a different divisions, try a Thursday night several times a year, try Sunday afternoons in the spring and fall ... maybe some later nights a few times a year.

Comment

I honestly think if they were to run the same classes as Florance and LBurg and run friday night, It would be good for racing, Alternate sprints and LM's.
                I already said the april startup is scratched. June is a stretch. Best thing is to get it done, maybe hold a few fall Sun afternoon shows and plan for next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles Nungester View Post
                  I honestly think if they were to run the same classes as Florance and LBurg and run friday night, It would be good for racing, Alternate sprints and LM's.
                  I already said the april startup is scratched. June is a stretch. Best thing is to get it done, maybe hold a few fall Sun afternoon shows and plan for next year.
                  Yes I believe the only other Friday night track within reasonable distance is something called Twin Rivers or Twin Cities about an hour west of the 'Burg. Wouldn't really be competing with them. Moler runs Fridays on the opposite side of Cincy but not sure with classes if it will split. I've never been to Moler but haven't heard good things about it.
                  2018 Race Counter: 18
                  Atomic (1), Attica (5), Mansfield (3), Wayne Co. (2), Fremont (2), Montpelier (1), Eldora (1), Waynesfield (1), Kokomo (1), Limaland (1)

Comment

Moler is ok, just struggles to run a quick show for some reason, Know lots of teams are sick of the 1-2am finish times. It and LBurg are the same distance from me and the only time I hit moler is the Turkey Gobbler. Have no idea why a track takes 1-2hr breaks after the heats. No reason for it. The consession line dies after about 20min.

Comment

Look up the DRC on YouTube for races at moler. I've never been there, always wanted to attend, and the vids I've seen the racing has been great

Comment

They posted on FB earlier this week that they are accepting applications for full time construction crew. And today they posted the rules except for sprints are now on their site.

Comment

Jim11H we went down for the Boss show. Really liked what we saw in hotlaps & then it............... Rained. I'll get back there 1 of these days.

Comment

Working...
                          X