No announcement yet.

2018 Atomic Speedway News/Results

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm planning on going to the Atomic Lucas Oil race unless rain or work interfere.

Comment

I've seen excellent LM racing and I've seen stars LM race with no passing. Believe good racing the norm and what I've experienced

Comment

Originally posted by JK47 View Post
        I'm planning on going to the Atomic Lucas Oil race unless rain or work interfere.
        The same for me. I was there last year for the Lucas Oil LM race and I enjoyed the evening. A 3 hour drive but it was well worth the trip.

Comment

The 3 1/2 hour drive each way negates my going these days. Used to really enjoy the night the stars came out of the late models and sprints.

Comment

The Buckeye Spring 50 is rescheduled for April 13th. This is why Ohio tracks do not schedule to start in Mid-March.
            2018 Race Counter: 18
            Atomic (1), Attica (5), Mansfield (3), Wayne Co. (2), Fremont (2), Montpelier (1), Eldora (1), Waynesfield (1), Kokomo (1), Limaland (1)

Comment

Weather just varies from year to year. Not too many years ago Attica had an SRO crowd for a late March event with temps near 80 degrees. Just watching the weather on TV and they said most of Ohio has had twice as much precip this winter vs. 2016-2017. Some years it works, some years not.

Comment

Could it be if the Farmers can get into the fields or not ? Yes we have had quite a lot of the wet stuff.

Comment

Saw a farmer working the field near Gilboa on my way from work today.

Comment

Seems like early season cancellations vary by track. Some have a poor grade in the parking lots, as well as no gravel, so that can drive cancellations. Or, tracks with no tiles near the bottom of the track banking results in soupy conditions in the low groove and flooded infield’s, etc. The tracks which have stout infrastructure like Eldora rarely if ever cancel due to overly wet conditions. Just one of those things until the ground firms up. Unlike the past couple years, March 2018 has had some erratic weather in NW Ohio. Attica has the right idea with their early season rain dates. Not trying to stir this discussion up again, but that’s why I am not a fan of shutting down around Labor Day.

Comment

Early season race dates and some (not in recent years) late season race dates are always a crap shoot, BUT scheduling them CAN help make up for some of the rain dates IF the weather does cooperate. I agree that March is more risky than Sept. and Oct. in Ohio, but with some tracks shutting the gates early (end of Aug./start of Septemberish) and not running thru the Fall just makes no business sense to me? Then it seems like tracks wonder why they don't make money?
                      2018 Race Counter - Total- 24 + (Rainouts-11) Atomic-2, Attica-5, Eldora-8, Fremont-1, Limaland-2, Mansfield- 2, Waynesfield-3, Wayne County-1

Comment

Mother Nature picks up back to back wins on opening weekend! Cold on both days with freezing rain today.
                        Atomic (1), Attica (5), Mansfield (3), Wayne Co. (2), Fremont (2), Montpelier (1), Eldora (1), Waynesfield (1), Kokomo (1), Limaland (1)

Comment

Did anybody notice that Atomic went to an Open 305 rule and are no longer running under the IMCA Racesaver sanction? Wonder if any northwestern Ohioans will give it a go on an off weekend.

Comment

12 sprint cars...

Comment

Working...
                            X