X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GTigers55
    started a topic 2018 Atomic Speedway News/Results

2018 Atomic Speedway News/Results

Atomic released their full schedule today! The ASCoC added an event at Atomic April 6th which will make a two day weekend with Attica (But also likely detract for the FAST series turnout for the 1st night if they do the typical two night event) but good to have more cars in OH racing. Lots of multi race weekends and a good variety of classes with no more than 4 competing regularly which is a good solid amount for weekly competition. Also, Brad McCown listened folks. After running a late event with 4 divisions on speedweek last year, he has cut down to two classes - the ASCoC and Sport Mods. Good job by Brad for listening to the fans. A comment on the post asked about OSCS and the response was an announcement would be made regarding that soon. With no OSCS listed on the schedule my assumption is no OSCS anymore which is honestly probably for the best. I won't complain about somebody trying to do something different though. What does everyone else think?

Atomic Speedway
    9-Mar Test N Tune
    10-Mar Test N Tune
    -
    16-Mar LucasOil LM, Mod
    17-Mar LM,Mod,SM,Compact
    -
    24-Mar 410,LM,Mod,SM
    -
    31-Mar 410,LM,Mod,SM
    -
    6-Apr ASCoC,Mod,Compact
    7-Apr LM,Mod,SM,Compact
    -
    14-Apr BOSS,LM,Mod,SM
    -
    21-Apr 410,LM,Mod,SM
    -
    28-Apr LM,Mod,SM,Compact
    -
    5-May 410,LM,Mod,SM
    -
    12-May 410,LM,Mod,SM
    -
    18-May WoOLM,Mod,SM
    19-May WoOLM,Mod,SM
    -
    26-May 410,305,Mod,SM
    -
    2-Jun 410,LM,Mod,SM
    -
    9-Jun 410,305,Mod,SM
    10-Jun Demo Derby & Enduro
    -
    16-Jun LM,Mod,SM,Compact ($5)
    -
    20-Jun ASCoC,SM
    -
    23-Jun LM,Mod,SM,Compact
    -
    30-Jun 410,305,Mod,SM
    -
    7-Jul 410,LM,Mod,SM
    -
    14-Jul LM,Mod,SM,Compact
    -
    21-Jul 410,LM,Mod,SM
    -
    28-Jul TBA
    -
    2-Aug Mod,305,SM
    3-Aug 410,BOSS,Mod,305
    4-Aug 410,Mod,305
    -
    18-Aug 410,305,SM,Compact
    -
    25-Aug 410,LM,Mod,SM
    -
    1-Sep 410,305,Mod,SM
    2-Sep Demo Derby & Enduro
    5-Sep 410,305,Mod,SM ($5)
    -
    15-Sep 410,LM,Mod,SM
    -
    22-Sep 410,LM,Mod,SM
    -
    29-Sep LM,Mod,SM,Compact
    -
    4-Oct Mod,SM,Compacts
    5-Oct Mod,SM,305,Compacts,Legends
    6-Oct 410,LM,Mod,SM
    -
    13-Oct LM,Mod,SM,Compact
    -
    27-Oct LM,Mod,SM,Compact
    -
    3-Nov LM,Mod,SM,Compact
    -
    10-Nov Demo Derby & Enduro

• ErocWolverine
    replied
    12 sprint cars...

Leave a comment:

• GTigers55
    replied
    Did anybody notice that Atomic went to an Open 305 rule and are no longer running under the IMCA Racesaver sanction? Wonder if any northwestern Ohioans will give it a go on an off weekend.

Leave a comment:

• GTigers55
    replied
    Mother Nature picks up back to back wins on opening weekend! Cold on both days with freezing rain today.

Leave a comment:

• Racechasser
    replied
    Early season race dates and some (not in recent years) late season race dates are always a crap shoot, BUT scheduling them CAN help make up for some of the rain dates IF the weather does cooperate. I agree that March is more risky than Sept. and Oct. in Ohio, but with some tracks shutting the gates early (end of Aug./start of Septemberish) and not running thru the Fall just makes no business sense to me? Then it seems like tracks wonder why they don't make money?

Leave a comment:

• Muddy99
    replied
    Seems like early season cancellations vary by track. Some have a poor grade in the parking lots, as well as no gravel, so that can drive cancellations. Or, tracks with no tiles near the bottom of the track banking results in soupy conditions in the low groove and flooded infield’s, etc. The tracks which have stout infrastructure like Eldora rarely if ever cancel due to overly wet conditions. Just one of those things until the ground firms up. Unlike the past couple years, March 2018 has had some erratic weather in NW Ohio. Attica has the right idea with their early season rain dates. Not trying to stir this discussion up again, but that’s why I am not a fan of shutting down around Labor Day.

Leave a comment:

• Denny Kerner
    replied
    Saw a farmer working the field near Gilboa on my way from work today.

Leave a comment:

• Sprintcarfanatic
    replied
    Could it be if the Farmers can get into the fields or not ? Yes we have had quite a lot of the wet stuff.

Leave a comment:

• Food For Thought
    replied
    Weather just varies from year to year. Not too many years ago Attica had an SRO crowd for a late March event with temps near 80 degrees. Just watching the weather on TV and they said most of Ohio has had twice as much precip this winter vs. 2016-2017. Some years it works, some years not.

Leave a comment:

• GTigers55
    replied
    The Buckeye Spring 50 is rescheduled for April 13th. This is why Ohio tracks do not schedule to start in Mid-March.

Leave a comment:

• RRacer70
    replied
    The 3 1/2 hour drive each way negates my going these days. Used to really enjoy the night the stars came out of the late models and sprints.

Leave a comment:

• Mud Packer
    replied
    Originally posted by JK47 View Post
    I'm planning on going to the Atomic Lucas Oil race unless rain or work interfere.
    The same for me. I was there last year for the Lucas Oil LM race and I enjoyed the evening. A 3 hour drive but it was well worth the trip.

Leave a comment:

• Jim11h
    replied
    I've seen excellent LM racing and I've seen stars LM race with no passing. Believe good racing the norm and what I've experienced

Leave a comment:

• JK47
    replied
    I'm planning on going to the Atomic Lucas Oil race unless rain or work interfere.

Leave a comment:

• GTigers55
    replied
    I’ll be home weekend of Attica opener for that race for sure.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X