2018 Buckeye Outlaw Sprint Series (BOSS) News/Results

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018 Buckeye Outlaw Sprint Series (BOSS) News/Results

Well, it appears that the BOSS series and Aaron Fry will pick up where OSCS left off and will be starting a winged series to pair with the non wing series. The nonw-wings and winged sprints will never race on the same weekend. On the wingless side 20+ events in 5 states. No mention of how many winged sprint shows they'll have. I'm gonna assume open rules so that'd be kind of neat to see sometime.
    2018 Race Counter: 7
    Atomic (1), Attica (2), Mansfield (2), Wayne Co. (1), Fremont (1)

I was thinking the same thing after I read the news, that the BOSS would try to cover some of the gap left behind by the OSCS. I'll be interested to see what tracks the winged series runs at, since BOSS goes to a lot of different places, could make for some exciting shows.

Comment

And with the allstars being out of ohio more often now it might work for the boss series. See how it goes. Ill support them.

Comment

Saw this over on IOW, surprised it has not hit the radar over here.

From BOSS Facebook and Twitter:

As announced at the PRI show, BOSS will be branching out and sanctioning some special winged 410 Sprint Car events in 2018. Officially, these events will run under another name to be announced soon, but will be "presented by BOSS". The first confirmed dates are now coming in: Saturday, August 18th - Montpelier Motor Speedway in Montpelier, Indiana will pay $3,000 to win and $300 to start. Also, Friday and Saturday, September 14-15 at Fremont Speedway for the "Jim Ford Classic" co-sanctioned with the FAST series. More dates are currently being negotiated and will be announced in the coming days.

Rules will also be announced very soon - very likely to mirror the FAST series rules with some minor exceptions.

But - as everyone loves it about BOSS - NO MEMBERSHIP FEES!!

Comment

Wondering if this is where the "OSCS" comes back into play since it was bought by Steven Pocock in Fremont?

Comment

Does BOSS have an open tire rule?

Comment

In the non winged division they do. But Aaron Fry seemed non committal that the case would remain the same in an interview with Brian Liskai and Scott Barman on the Buckeye Speedzone. To me, that is what makes the BOSS division is it's unique-ness and "outlaw" nature. I get why the series will have more standardized rules though with already a base of winged racing in the region and that way winged 410 guys can come over from OH to IN etc.

Comment

Originally posted by ErocWolverine View Post
                Wondering if this is where the "OSCS" comes back into play since it was bought by Steven Pocock in Fremont?
                I haven't heard much about the OSCS since McCown sold it to Pocock. Has there been any updates or a schedule posted that I am not aware of? As far as BOSS is concerned, I wish Aaron Fry all the best in his newest endeavor. I enjoy watching the traditional sprint cars of BOSS and I hope that his winged version is as successful as well.

Comment

The BOSS winged series seems it will be based in Western OH and Indiana compared to the BOSS which is mostly OH. In the interview Fry said he wanted to bring winged cars to Indiana. Which to me makes sense. I haven't heard anything than a few sponsors for OSCS, but with Wayne Co picking up 4 dates with the OVSCA they seemed to essentially replace them already. I would expect an actual southern series again if anything. Atomic, Moler, maybe Jackson Co and Musk Co? Be more reasonable than last years.

Comment

All these series in my opinion are just killing the weekly tracks. You take 3-4 guys from each weekly track that decide to follow a mini-series and that is less cars at a weekly show or less guys that are committed to a weekly show. I guess in someway I don't get it as these guys running these series are not making any money off the deal (like a full time job) and it is not like the racers are getting a big point fund.

Comment

The OSCS released a tentative schedule that had 9 dates at 2 tracks. Atomic & Pittsburgh PA.

As was mentioned above, all these little touring groups in Ohio can't be helping weekly racing. OVSCA, OSCS, FAST, and now BOSS. That's 4 winged 410 series mainly running in Ohio, not including the All Stars. I do think in southern Ohio if these groups just had races outside of Atomic's schedule the scene would probably be better off. It is what it is.

Comment

I’m all for initiatives which will help grow, preserve, or at least maintain the status quo, the sport of auto racing, but I fear that 4 sanctioning bodies in one state, plus the higher level traveling series, will have the opposite effect. This is mass overkill, but I hope my concerns will prove to be unfounded.

Comment

This new series is the best kept secret in racing. Evidently they have a race at Gas City in August. That's the only official info I have found and it was buried deep in the BOSS Facebook page. The same post hints at a 7 race schedule. Any body know more?

Comment

From what I currently have notes on the BOSS Winged Series dates are as follows:
                            May 26th: Fremont Speedway (CoSanctioned with FAST)
                            Aug 18th: Montpelier Speedway
                            Aug 31st: Gas City Speedway
                            Sep 1st: Route 44 Speedway
                            Sep 14th Fremont Speedway (CoSanctioned with FAST)
                            Sep 15th Fremont Speedway Jim Ford Classic

So they basically have 3 independent dates in IN which is nice. Certainly not a full fledged series more of a mini series. Doubtful anybody really follows it. Haven't seen much news on a point fund although the purse is good (at least up top).

Comment

I'm not really sure what Fremont has to gain having it be cosanctioned other than them not scheduling against it. Fremont doesn't even have those dates listed as cosanctioned on their schedule. BOSS said they are cosanctioned and I can't see him saying it if it wasn't true.

BOSS did post that they were finalizing 2 dates with two more tracks over the weekend that was about 3 weekends ago.

I think more winged dates in Indiana is a good thing. Indiana has some underrated winged drivers and they could be good shows. Just like BOSS non wing I expect this endeavor to be first class.

it is worth noting that this series will have a different name and say presented by BOSS . It just hasn't been decided yet what that name is yet.

Comment

Working...
                              X