2018 World of Outlaws (WoO) News/Results

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blakeanderson View Post
    SpeedShift did a study for 2 seasons and showed that PPV actually helps INCREASE attendance. This is a great way to help grow our sport and give it more exposure. We have to get rid of this backwards thinking that it hurts our sport. We cant grow it if we are progressive.
    Of course SpeedShift would have a study that favors their outcome ... which means A LOT of Money in their pockets. Do you really think they would have a study showing it hurt the tracks and that they was bad for business? LOL ... HAHAHAHA. Again not saying it will factor into every-bodies decision, but could for those that are a couple of hours away and not sure if they want to make the trip or not. This has me thinking when I go to Eldora in the spring (over 2 hours away) where I normally just drive back and forth both nights to possibly just watch the Friday night show online and then go down on Saturday.

If that is the case how come Eldora waited till the last minute to add the pay-per-view event to the Kings Royal when one week prior they stated they wouldn't have anything and the only way to see it live was to be at the event which just so happened to be the largest crowd ever for the Kings Royal.

If you don't think somebody will sit at home instead of driving 3-4 hours to a event especially if weather is a factor or other issues your mistaken. How many times have real race fans heard "it's high and dry" here while your drive to the track and when you get there the event is already announced it is over or like what happened at Mansfield last year when most people knew the race wouldn't work out, but they kept on pushing "we are racing" so then fans, drivers, and teams show up with no more rain on the grounds, but they didn't have the equipment to work the track in so a lot of people wasted a lot of time and money on a Sunday for nothing and then they wonder why fans didn't come back the next time they raced on a Sunday especially the USAC guys coming from Indiana.

Comment

In my opinion, it's a Win for everyone, fans, teams, tracks and the sport. I'm currently a 4 hour one way drive to ONE (1) Outlaw show this year, now I will see more than 40 I'm sure. I'm still going to drive to Ohio in July and catch the three day Kings Royal Event as well. More people will see the races and this may be the next step to more televised races. Many many more people will tune in on dirtvision to watch than will stay home and pay about the same or a little more even to catch it online. It will also help the folks who turn into pumpkins at 1030pm on a race night and don't go to some bigger shows, because now they can catch it online until they get tired and still be in bed at the time we make our 10 year olds go to sleep. As far as pricing, a season pass under 1,500$ would be a bargain. I'll pick and choose the races I purchase, but I like having the option now of being able to watch the outlaws if I want for 19.99, 24.99 or 29.99 that race, whatever the price will be. Great job Outlaws and Dirtvision!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by armyduke View Post
        In my opinion, it's a Win for everyone, fans, teams, tracks and the sport. I'm currently a 4 hour one way drive to ONE (1) Outlaw show this year, now I will see more than 40 I'm sure. I'm still going to drive to Ohio in July and catch the three day Kings Royal Event as well. More people will see the races and this may be the next step to more televised races. Many many more people will tune in on dirtvision to watch than will stay home and pay about the same or a little more even to catch it online. It will also help the folks who turn into pumpkins at 1030pm on a race night and don't go to some bigger shows, because now they can catch it online until they get tired and still be in bed at the time we make our 10 year olds go to sleep. As far as pricing, a season pass under 1,500$ would be a bargain. I'll pick and choose the races I purchase, but I like having the option now of being able to watch the outlaws if I want for 19.99, 24.99 or 29.99 that race, whatever the price will be. Great job Outlaws and Dirtvision!!!!!
        I agree it is a win-win for most here, but my point is what does the track get out of it? If they aren't getting compensated I am not sure how it is a win for them besides possibly getting fans later in the season that might have liked the event at your track and becoming a repeat customer.

I would like to know if they get any piece of the pie from having the WoO broadcast the event or any other series that has these pay-per-view events. I know some tracks have these same type of deals as well which I believe Knoxville did at one time, but not sure if they still do? I will likely see a lot more WoO shows this year because of it, but I don't have the $1,500 for a yearly subscription that is for sure or likely be able to explain that to my wife as she staring at me with a honeydew list or other bills we could be paying off.

Again I will likely still make my normal drives to tracks, but this deal has me wondering on a couple of them such as I mentioned with the WoO spring race with USAC on Friday night. That weekend is a very tough event for me especially getting out of work as early as I can, drive like a maniac to Eldora, and then drive home. Then rinse and repeat for Saturday event because I don't have the option with the people that go with me to stay down there that weekend whether in a hotel or motor-home because different people go with me usually on Friday and Saturday night. Makes for a crappy Sunday that is for sure...

As for TV ... I don't think tracks or series really care if they get on TV anymore especially if they are making money doing it this way. in the past they had to pay TV to get on or didn't make anything from being on TV so I don't think they are that excited about knocking down doors and trying to get the sport back on live TV. I am sure they don't mind the 2-3 months down the road when you see it on CBS-S, but by that time do fans really excited about it or just put your DVR on and at some point in time when nothing else is happening you will watch it?

Comment

Originally posted by ErocWolverine View Post

If you don't think somebody will sit at home instead of driving 3-4 hours to a event especially if weather is a factor or other issues your mistaken. How many times have real race fans heard "it's high and dry" here while your drive to the track and when you get there the event is already announced it is over or like what happened at Mansfield last year when most people knew the race wouldn't work out, but they kept on pushing "we are racing" so then fans, drivers, and teams show up with no more rain on the grounds, but they didn't have the equipment to work the track in so a lot of people wasted a lot of time and money on a Sunday for nothing and then they wonder why fans didn't come back the next time they raced on a Sunday especially the USAC guys coming from Indiana.
          For me, I am still going to make the 3 hour drive to Eldora or where ever, even if the weather is iffy. Im a fan, and love being there, whether its working on one or spectating. Sure being televised is nice, but its still nothing like being there. Way to much down time for me on TV. If im there, I can walk the pits, talk with people, whatever it may be. I think new fans will watch the PPV, and want to experience it in person, then at the point, the hook is set. Only time will tell.

2018 RACE COUNTER: 49

Volusia - 3, Attica - 12, Atomic - 4, Wayne County - 10, Mansfield - 3, Hilltop - 1, Waynesfield - 3, Eldora - 6, Sharon - 2, Thunder Mountain - 1, Fremont - 2, Montpelier - 2

Comment

I gotta think the tracks will get a cut, whether it be 25 or 30 % range or higher or lower I don't know, but I would not be as excited about it if they are not, hopefully someone who knows will let us know. I understand that a few will watch online instead of driving out to the track, but there will be many more that didn't have the option of driving to the track that will purchase online, which (if the track is getting the 25/30% cut) will MORE than make up for it. I'm just glad I'll be able to see more shows from Arizona now. Ya NO WAY the wife will let me shell out the money it will cost for a season pass, but, I'll catch 3-4 races a month now instead of buying ppv fights or other things I blow that money on.

Comment

Originally posted by am0ti View Post

For me, I am still going to make the 3 hour drive to Eldora or where ever, even if the weather is iffy. Im a fan, and love being there, whether its working on one or spectating. Sure being televised is nice, but its still nothing like being there. Way to much down time for me on TV. If im there, I can walk the pits, talk with people, whatever it may be. I think new fans will watch the PPV, and want to experience it in person, then at the point, the hook is set. Only time will tell.
              Good points and agree will likely still make those visits as well, but thinking this deal might be better for me at some point, but don't want to hurt the tracks either if you know what I mean by not attending.

I would like or hope that somehow the tracks get a small percentage of the income coming into the event that night from the pay-per-view options or however they are calling it now with streaming.

Originally posted by armyduke View Post
              I gotta think the tracks will get a cut, whether it be 25 or 30 % range or higher or lower I don't know, but I would not be as excited about it if they are not, hopefully someone who knows will let us know. I understand that a few will watch online instead of driving out to the track, but there will be many more that didn't have the option of driving to the track that will purchase online, which (if the track is getting the 25/30% cut) will MORE than make up for it. I'm just glad I'll be able to see more shows from Arizona now. Ya NO WAY the wife will let me shell out the money it will cost for a season pass, but, I'll catch 3-4 races a month now instead of buying ppv fights or other things I blow that money on.
              Agree 100% on new fans or more fans watching a WoO event now ... I doubt it is that high, but would be nice cut for them.

I was hoping for $500.00 for a season pass because likely not going to be able to watch all of them besides my normal racing habits along with other habits I have on the weekends. $1,500 seems like a lot to me especially when you factor in that is roughly $17.00 per event with no rain-outs and I know that is a lot cheaper than any WoO event, but should get some type of discount being a season pass member ... maybe not the 500 range like I listed, but I don't want or probably can't afford more than it even if I was allowed ... hahaha.

Comment

I figured 1,500$ based on that is a discount to the ticket price and the normal dirtvision ppv is in the 24.99 range (some more, some less). I can't shell out 1,500$ at one time either, but I'll gladly shell out $20 - 25$ here and there or more for bigger events due to being so race deprived right now in southern Arizona. No local sprints, and 1 outlaw show within a 4 hour drive sucks. I'm not "home" in Lima to where I can catch 2 or 3 races every weekend within a 2 hour drive. So for me, it's a GREAT DEAL.

Comment

I can only speak for our PPV with ASCoC, but the tracks get a cut. Its always a joint venture between track, sanction body and broadcast. All 3 parties get a piece of the pie. As i said, i can only speak for ASCoC PPV wise.

Comment

I'd still prefer to be at a track than at home to watch a race any day. But when it's all rained out here and it's a weekend off (my job will alternate weekends) I'd still like to be able to see a race and that gives that option. Gotta keep in mind all race fans aren't spoiled with the 20+ tracks open in the state. And I did the calculations once, from Bowling Green OH every single track in the state is within a 4 hour drive. Some fans have to drive 4 hours to GET to a racetrack in some states.
                    2018 Race Counter: 24
                    Atomic (1), Attica (7), Mansfield (3), Wayne Co. (2), Fremont (3), Montpelier (2), Eldora (1), Waynesfield (1), Kokomo (1), Limaland (1), 35 Raceway (1), Gas City (1)

Comment

Thats what ive always thought, race fans will be there if at all possible. You can watch the All Stars on SpeedShiftTV.com the next 3 nights (While were on the topic, figured id get a shameless plug in).

Comment

Originally posted by blakeanderson View Post
                        I can only speak for our PPV with ASCoC, but the tracks get a cut. Its always a joint venture between track, sanction body and broadcast. All 3 parties get a piece of the pie. As i said, i can only speak for ASCoC PPV wise.
                        Thanks for that information ... that helps!!

Comment

Jason Johnson

Comment

Shark Racing‏ @sharkracingWoO
                            26m26 minutes ago

Excited for our fifth run with the @WorldofOutlaws . Thank you to everyone that makes this happen. We will try our best to make our fans proud.

Comment

Not super crazy about the Schemes for Shark racing this year but I hope Schuhart does well this year. Wonder how many cars will be at Volusia this upcoming weekend.
                              2018 Race Counter: 24
                              Atomic (1), Attica (7), Mansfield (3), Wayne Co. (2), Fremont (3), Montpelier (2), Eldora (1), Waynesfield (1), Kokomo (1), Limaland (1), 35 Raceway (1), Gas City (1)

Comment

Tony Stewart‏Verified account @TonyStewart 38s38 seconds ago

If you’re around Daytona come watch us race at Volusia Speedway racing with the @ASCoC tonight and tomorrow. We’ll be at @BubbaRaceway Friday and Saturday. We’re not allowed to bring our tshirt trailer for you fans to @WorldofOutlaws races so we won’t race with them this year

----------------------

Wondering if this will effect any other All-Star teams or be asked not to go to the WoO shows?

Not sure I understand why the WoO wouldn't allow Smoke or any other non-WoO driver not to bring their t-shirt trailer. Also you would think that would be up to the track more than the series?

Comment

Working...
                                X