2018 World of Outlaws (WoO) News/Results

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ErocWolverine‏ @ErocWolverine 12m12 minutes ago

Why aren't you allowed to bring your t-shirt trailer?

Tony Stewart‏Verified account @TonyStewart

Replying to @ErocWolverine @ASCoC and

Because we aren’t a full time “driver” with the series and Brian Carter and a couple of the drivers (Darren Pittman) say I would be taking money out of their pockets by bringing my trailer.

Comment

Supporting the teams that follow the series. I do not have a problem with this. I assume other drivers can sell gear out of the trailer still, just not on the midway

Comment

Originally posted by Jay72c View Post
        Supporting the teams that follow the series. I do not have a problem with this. I assume other drivers can sell gear out of the trailer still, just not on the midway
        This is a pissing match that nobody wins and a lot of bitching happens ...

---------------------

Tony Stewart‏Verified account @TonyStewart

Replying to @BLK67 @ASCoC and

For all I do and spend to support the Outlaws not to mention the things behind the scenes you don’t know that happen, you’d think they’d be more appreciative. We have other tracks we can run that WILL let us bring our trailer and sell merchandise to our fans. We’ll just go there

--------------------

I don't understand it to be honest especially since it is the track property and to be honest how did they allow those 40 plus t-shirt trailers at the Kings Royal event where it was three nights of WoO racing. I have also seen Lucas Oil drivers selling their stuff out of trailers at WoOLM events in the past when the WoO have stated they have had this rule since 2004 or something like that when most teams sold their stuff out of the haulers or motor-homes ... I remember when the WoO's wouldn't even allow their own teams to sell out of motor-homes.

The issue is how many fans can go to the pits? Why not make it easier for fans?

To be honest makes no sense to me ... do people really believe if they see a Pittman trailer/shirt they are more likely to buy it over going in the pits to buy another driver, go online and buy it online, etc... Somebody that goes to the race track buys a certain driver because he likes them not just because they are the only ones there.

I am betting though tonight and tomorrow the WoO drivers have their t-shirt trailers opened up and selling merchandise.

Seems kind of petty and greedy to be honest, but that is what happens with sprint car racing ... people trying to squeeze the turnip a little tighter instead of embracing the good feeling that we have right now in sprint car series with full rosters for WoO's and also for the All-Stars.

Comment

The WoO also own the track ( Volusia Speedway ), so they are both the sanction this weekend and the track owner ( the series and the track falling under the umbrella “ World Racing Group “. These days, everyone is out to protect their own turf, so to speak. I’m not siding with anyone, because there are various points of view on this one, all of which have some degree of validity. Chalk it off to “ that’s the world we live in today “.

Comment

Originally posted by Muddy99 View Post
            The WoO also own the track ( Volusia Speedway ), so they are both the sanction this weekend and the track owner ( the series and the track falling under the umbrella “ World Racing Group “. These days, everyone is out to protect their own turf, so to speak. I’m not siding with anyone, because there are various points of view on this one, all of which have some degree of validity. Chalk it off to “ that’s the world we live in today “.
            Agree ... a pissing match that doesn't do anybody any good especially the fans ... this time of year where most are hopeful with the sport of sprint car racing ... we have a full roster for WoO's and a full roster with the All-Stars and seems to be heading in a good direction with all the big events this year.

Comment

Seems like all the 'part time' drivers get around this by selling their shirts inside of another driver's trailer. Not sure why he can't sell this shirts at Schatz's trailer.

I'm sure Tony doesn't need to sell a single shirt to support his family, crew and travel expenses like the full-time Outlaws guys do.
              2018 Race Counter: 7
              Eldora (5), Attica (2)

Comment

Originally posted by OhioDirtFan View Post
                Seems like all the 'part time' drivers get around this by selling their shirts inside of another driver's trailer. Not sure why he can't sell this shirts at Schatz's trailer.

I'm sure Tony doesn't need to sell a single shirt to support his family, crew and travel expenses like the full-time Outlaws guys do.
                I agree with the last statement. I think Smoke was just making a political statement of protest. My tongue-in-cheek-cheek suggestion for him would be to give the boot to the WoO at his track, like he gave Fremont Speedway the boot from hosting ASCOC events. As a more serious comment, if I were the WoO, I’d go along with any reasonable concept that would bring more butts into the seats. In this case, this weekend’s events are 20 minutes from the big track, and people would like to see Tony race. Instead of giving him some appearance money, let him sell his shirts. The upside is more ticket buyers. I would think that would be a good thing ( increased attendance ), as opposed to being concerned about Pittman.

Comment

Tony can't give the woo the boot from El Dora when Mansfield is on the upswing for mega show tracks. He can do that to Fremont but not the woo.

Comment

I understand why he's upset about it. However it's just Tony making a mountain out of a mole hill. Most drivers aren't vocal about it if they are upset, but Tony doesn't like to be told what to do plain and simple. Whether he's right or wrong. Last two years he caused some sort of controversy down in Florida.
                    2018 Race Counter: 18
                    Atomic (1), Attica (5), Mansfield (3), Wayne Co. (2), Fremont (2), Montpelier (1), Eldora (1), Waynesfield (1), Kokomo (1), Limaland (1)

Comment

Originally posted by OhioDirtFan View Post

I believe he is doing it not for himself, but for all the other drivers out there. Doesn't make sense to me not to allow the other drivers to do it. If I am going to a WoO race and want to buy a Rico shirt I am going to buy one or not buy any shirt. It isn't going to make me reach into my wallet and go buy a Pittman shirt that cost $25 just because Rico isn't allowed to sell his shirt there.

The issue I have with it like for these All-Star races ... the WoO teams have their t-shirt trailers out selling stuff and nobody has a issue with it and everybody is going about their business, but on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday they do for whatever reason because it is a WoO race.

Last point ... a guy like Tony Stewart draws attention whether you like him or not and with all his stuff in those t-shirt trailers will also draw people to that area as well which helps all the other teams out as well. A lot of NASCAR fans go to these events where they are close to the WoO event so a lot of people know this and go to these events when they know Tony is in town along with his merchandise trailer. To me, it is a win-win for everybody, but money and greed get into the way. The WoO want Tony Stewart, Kasey Kahne, and Kyle Lasron running their races because they know that helps sell the sport, brings fans into the race track, but now they don't want them selling their t-shirts ... come on man!

Originally posted by Food For Thought View Post

I agree with the last statement. I think Smoke was just making a political statement of protest. My tongue-in-cheek-cheek suggestion for him would be to give the boot to the WoO at his track, like he gave Fremont Speedway the boot from hosting ASCOC events. As a more serious comment, if I were the WoO, I’d go along with any reasonable concept that would bring more butts into the seats. In this case, this weekend’s events are 20 minutes from the big track, and people would like to see Tony race. Instead of giving him some appearance money, let him sell his shirts. The upside is more ticket buyers. I would think that would be a good thing ( increased attendance ), as opposed to being concerned about Pittman.
                      I am betting Stewart doesn't get appearance money at all. I believe the only time he does is when he actually promotes an event or a track says he is coming because as most know he doesn't put his schedule out there ahead of time and usually just shows up at a spot. I imagine he was going to hit a lot of WoO shows this year because he said on Wing-Nation he had 90 races on his schedule (well actually I think he said 110, but would get it down to 90).

Let's be real here ... he didn't give Fremont the boot ... they gave it to themselves when they tried to kick out the All-Stars and Fremont wanted to create their own speedweek, but the other tracks declined. Back stabbing is remembered when you don't do it right and that is why Fremont isn't on the schedule once again. Fremont tried to work around the deal by saying the track was being taken back by the fairgrounds.

Originally posted by mudinmybeer View Post
                      Tony can't give the woo the boot from El Dora when Mansfield is on the upswing for mega show tracks. He can do that to Fremont but not the woo.
                      I am not sure he is upset about it because honestly doesn't really effect Eldora. They put 30,000 people at Eldora last year and likely will again this year even with the "mega events" as you call it. Just because somebody goes to the 100,000 show at Mansfield doesn't mean he is going to say 3-4 months later I am not going to the Kings Royal or vice-versa because most fans want to see a good show, see some of the best drivers, and the price of admissions is what brings fans in or keep them away for a event. Just look at the World 100 and the Dream ... if anything else having these bigger events will actually help both tracks (IMO) because they are sort of spread out and will attract more drivers/teams/fans to the area along with helping the local drivers/teams/economy out as well.

If Tony really wanted to he could either buy the WoO or just take the drivers/teams away by offering more money in point fund, purse, and maybe a better travel schedule. The problem in the past with the other national series that branched out such as "USA" they never had the money or sponsorship to keep it going after the first year. I don't really think Tony would have that issue, but don't think he wants to put a lot of money into it as well, but could to make a point and take a lot of teams/drivers with him.

I am sure there would be a lot of teams to stick with the WoO's as well because they would have a option to win more money, races, etc... without some of the bigger teams there as well, but the likely-hood would hurt sprint car racing down the road or make fans choose once again about what events to attend and that isn't a good thing for the sport.

Comment

Dale Jr. (IMO) makes a lot of sense to me ... just like a small town where a Wal-Mart store goes into and you see a bunch of other business go right out and around that store to feed off that store. Best place to see this work Fremont Wal-Mart where that was built 23 years ago with hardly anything else around it besides a dealership I believe was there at the time and now they have so many businesses out there it is ridiculous now.

Ralph Dale Earnhardt Jr.‏Verified account @DaleJr

Replying to @TonyStewart @ErocWolverine and

If I’m those guys, I want your trailer there so I can park my **** right next to it.

Comment

Casey Shuman‏ @caseyshuman

I know I’ve said this before.. but if people would quit worrying about what others are doing, and concentrate on their own product, they might actually thrive

Comment

Seems tony had another childish outburst last month at the chili bowl

Comment

Personally I'd buy from the 1a, 1s or a couple other teams anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Sprintcarfanatic View Post
                                Personally I'd buy from the 1a, 1s or a couple other teams anyway.
                                They usually have some good deals going on where others don't anymore. I think it was two years ago at the King's Royal where they had 2 shirts for $25 or had a old look Bobby for $15 and always seemed very friendly when your around their trailer. My brother actually bought all 3 shirts and think they even took more money off of it as well for him.

Comment

Working...
                                X