2018 World of Outlaws (WoO) News/Results

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GTigers55 View Post
    Impressed with Sheldon's run from the B up to 7th. Donny started the season well again to I believe nobody's surprise. Does anybody know how WoO provisionals actually work? Was going to keep track of the usage this year to try to figure it out. Wilson's already used two, Knipp one, and Marks one.

Also, congrats to Mark Smith sweeping the USCS 360 races at East Bay as well. Looked like a stout field there too.
    I saw a tweet about this from the WoO... I believe it said members are given 2 provisionals for each half of the season (4 total). But any provisional used during FL speed week didn't count, essentially freebies. And I don't believe drivers are able to race for points when using a provisional.

Comment

All Tracks Do That, It's Called Business!
      2018 Race Counter - Total- 24 + (Rainouts-11) Atomic-2, Attica-5, Eldora-8, Fremont-1, Limaland-2, Mansfield- 2, Waynesfield-3, Wayne County-1

Comment

How dare WOO try to protect their brand and drivers by not letting his trailer in? It would kinda be like not letting your drivers run at a track the nite before your series runs there.

Comment

Originally posted by The Troll View Post
          How dare WOO try to protect their brand and drivers by not letting his trailer in? It would kinda be like not letting your drivers run at a track the nite before your series runs there.
          Brilliant!

​​When Tony starts his own series, I hope he doesn't say he's doing it because fans have been asking for one. I have never heard a fan say, "What we need is another sprint car series."

Comment

Night 1

Comment

Night 1

Comment

Comment

I’m very glad I stayed up and watched this. Made my night to see Sheldon pick up another win. And to hold off Schatz to do it!
                  2018 Race Counter: 18
                  Atomic (1), Attica (5), Mansfield (3), Wayne Co. (2), Fremont (2), Montpelier (1), Eldora (1), Waynesfield (1), Kokomo (1), Limaland (1)

Comment

Pretty awesome to see him doing so well. Carrying on the family tradition!

Comment

• So Johnny Gibson just said that Shaffer is running the outlaws full time 😳😳
                      Atomic (1), Attica (5), Mansfield (3), Wayne Co. (2), Fremont (2), Montpelier (1), Eldora (1), Waynesfield (1), Kokomo (1), Limaland (1)

Comment

• Originally posted by GTigers55 View Post
                        So Johnny Gibson just said that Shaffer is running the outlaws full time 😳😳

Mike Leone‏ @mikevleone 13m13 minutes ago

It's official now that @TimShaffer49 will be a Platinum member of the @WorldofOutlaws for 2018 in the @DR_Racing #49

==========================

World of Outlaws‏Verified account @WorldofOutlaws

Yes, you heard @Gibvoice correctly! @TimShaffer49 and @DR_Racing have committed to running full-time with the #WoOCraftSCS in 2018! It will be the Steel City Outlaw’s first full year on the tour in over a decade! Official release will come tomorrow.

Comment

• Night 2 at Vegas ... Thought Sheldon had it again.

Comment

• Comment

• Thanks for posting those highlights, Eroc. Sheldon is getting me interested in the WoO. Too bad their Eldora shows are scheduled against the Ethanol Tour races at Attica and Fremont. Gotta support my local speedways. Maybe it's time to do the BDC again. Last time I went was at final one at Lima. So many drivers broke the track record that I can't remember who was fastest. The track record at ARP is probably unbreakable, but you never know. Someday it might happen.

Comment

• Sheldon probably would've won last night had he not tried to chop down Schatz and just stayed up top. Also Racemak Outlaws also race at Eldora 7/12, 7/13, 7/14 for kings royal weekend. September 21st, and October 14th.

Comment

Working...
                                X