No announcement yet.

2018 All-Stars (ASCoC) News/Results

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I do think this is the end of Millstream Speedway under the current owners. The bridges have all been burnt. Sorry to hear this.

Comment

• Originally posted by mudinmybeer View Post
      Seems like people need to quit doing anything with the current owners of millstream. Just let the place sit empty until they sell it or its the end of it.
      Agree 100%

Originally posted by mdr4774 View Post
      I do think this is the end of Millstream Speedway under the current owners. The bridges have all been burnt. Sorry to hear this.
      Been thinking that for the last 10-15 years.

Honestly I don't really understand it ... do they want more money than the place is worth? Do they believe they can make it work themselves by doing nothing? Do they not like that somebody is actually trying to make the place viable again?

The bad thing is that track was the one track I always loved going and sitting on the hill in turn 1 when I was younger ... always loved heading over to Findlay putting down our chairs, then heading to the hotels and seeing who might be showing up especially on the big speedweek shows. Those were some great car counts, great cars, and huge crowds.

Such a shame!!

Comment

• Whenever a shuttered track re-opens, there is always the air of excitement. However with Millstream, it remains the same old crap coming from the ownership of the speedway. It is almost like they can't stand to see anyone revive the place. I have to assume that the place is now dead for sure. Too many promoters who have invested good money into a bad investment. Sad to see but someone has to care for it to happen. A favorite track that I will sadly say goodbye to.

Comment

• Originally posted by Food For Thought View Post
          Why was the discussion Thread about Dale Blaney having a specific ride this season yanked from PitGate in the last 24 hours ?
          Nothing was 'yanked'. Possibly the poster decided to delete it? I have no idea, but it wasn't deleted by the Admin...which is me.
          ~~ Connect with me on LinkedIn ~~
          http://www.linkedin.com/in/bryanautullo

Comment

• Originally posted by Mud Packer View Post
            Whenever a shuttered track re-opens, there is always the air of excitement. However with Millstream, it remains the same old crap coming from the ownership of the speedway. It is almost like they can't stand to see anyone revive the place. I have to assume that the place is now dead for sure. Too many promoters who have invested good money into a bad investment. Sad to see but someone has to care for it to happen. A favorite track that I will sadly say goodbye to.
            Got to think the only way it gets touched again is if the owners actually sell it now ... which is unlikely since they haven't done it by now.

I wonder if they are looking for some huge payout from Tony Stewart or trying to sell the land for housing development?

This is when power-ball would be nice to hit, but again got to play to win!

Comment

• Is Millstream dead? Were any non-ASCoC races on the schedule? I thought the new promotor was making improvements to the facility in hopes of eventually buying the track. I believe it will be a great day when houses are torn down to make room for a speedway. It will be an even greater day when sprint cars race muffler free.

Comment

• I drove by a couple times early this year and track looked hallowed and dead and appeared completely untouched. Not surprised at all to hear this news but disappointed as I'm going to be moving up that way. Was going to be 25 minutes from the track...
                2018 Race Counter: 24
                Atomic (1), Attica (7), Mansfield (3), Wayne Co. (2), Fremont (3), Montpelier (2), Eldora (1), Waynesfield (1), Kokomo (1), Limaland (1), 35 Raceway (1), Gas City (1)

Comment

• It’s bad for any business in any industry to close, then open, then close, then open, and on and on. It casts negativity on the business itself, and in this case, the sport. Best to drop the concept of reopening. I doubt a residential developer would be interested, as there is other clear land available in the area, and the cost of demolition, removal, and earth moving would be many times more than using farmland. We need to support the tracks which opened and haven’t closed.

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Comment

Working...
                        X