No announcement yet.

2018 All-Stars (ASCoC) News/Results

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They will have more races aired in prime time ? Fewer reruns ? Fewer mechanic shows with that guy with the bad hair ? I harassed Buckeye Cable here in NW Ohio for several years to get MAV TV, and I’ve found it to be a bust. I’ll bet those 360 Sprint Car Races from Alma, Washington, have been run and rerun a couple dozen times over a few months. But, maybe a miracle with occur. Lately, I rarely click on that channel anymore. Miss the old days when TNN and ESPN /ESPN2 had frequent open wheel racing.

Comment

I would love the All Stars on MAVTV. I have Lucas Oil Racing TV, which is basically MAVTV. The nice thing about it is the broadcast live races. Lucas Oil Late Models mostly. With the Late Models, Modifieds, Chili Bowl, ASCS, the Jackslash wingless stuff, and All Stars it will be pretty cool.

Comment

I just wish MAVTV on directv was in HD.

Comment

Originally posted by Dern17 View Post
          I just wish MAVTV on directv was in HD.
          It isnt HD on xfinity either cause they charge too much apparently

Comment

NEWS! >> Eight @arcticcat_snow All Star events to be broadcast on @MAVTV in 2018 >> http://www.allstarsprint.com/news/?i=55402&clk=featureNews …

Comment

More
              The 2018 @arcticcat_snow ASCoC champion will receive $50,000 and the overall points fund next year will see an increase of over $60,000! #ArcticCatAllStars

Comment

Thing I don't get is why they air shows months after they happen.Is there a reason for it? Whats the point in watching old news. Be like watching a football game from week 3 of nfl season. yea its nothing else on so ill tune in but doesn't really make sense they cant air shows live and actually bring fans/viewers in.

Comment

nbcsn has been showing some outlaw sprint and late model stuff lately..but they are from a few months ago as well

Comment

Originally posted by Saphead View Post
                    More
                    The 2018 @arcticcat_snow ASCoC champion will receive $50,000 and the overall points fund next year will see an increase of over $60,000! #ArcticCatAllStars
                    This is huge news for the All-Stars with a big jump up for the point fund. That might attract some more interest from some teams and might even bring some bigger local teams to possibly be making the jump especially if they was planning on running a bunch of those races anyway.

Wonder if this will make Tim Shaffer and team decide to run it now since they ran about 85% of the All-Star schedule last year?

Originally posted by mudinmybeer View Post
                    Thing I don't get is why they air shows months after they happen.Is there a reason for it? Whats the point in watching old news. Be like watching a football game from week 3 of nfl season. yea its nothing else on so ill tune in but doesn't really make sense they cant air shows live and actually bring fans/viewers in.
                    Well probably cost more money actually having more people at the track. They probably will do announcers from a studio is my bet which a lot of places have done instead of having those guys travel to those events.

Also you got to factor in weather and a timely show which the TV and sometimes the series has no control over either one of those things. I wish it was about a 2 week absence instead of months afterwards.

Heck I will watch it because a lot of these tracks I might never seen before and would like to see some familiar cars going around that track. I know my DVR will be set for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by GTigers55 View Post
                      http://www.allstarsprint.com/downloa....aspx?i=419323 <For the full version please follow this link, I'm going to hit what I believe are the high points.

-Florida races will NOT be points races.
                      -Florida races will have a $10k point fund for series members only (so like a speedweek fund) to entice members to come
                      -Tiered towing package 1-5 $300, 6-10 $250, 11-12 $200, 13+ $100
                      -Top 5 ASCoC drivers in the feature will receive an additional $100 in tow money for the event.
                      -Purse: 1st $50k, 2nd $35k, 3rd $25k, 4th $20k, 5th $15, 6th $10k, 7th $9k, 8th $7.5k, 9th $6k, 10th $5k (decreases by $500 through position 15)
                      -Format changes: Two fastest qualifiers who don't transfer through heat will start in positions 1 and 2 in the B main. The rest of the B/C/D mains will be lined up by heat race finish!!!!

MY THOUGHTS
                      Holy sh*t the one format change I thought they needed to do they did. I never even thought about locking in the fastest qualifiers to the front row of the B but that is SUCH a better idea then locking into dash. Make them race to get in if they wad it up in heat. Lining up by heat race finish will make the battles in the back of the pack really truly mean something. Secondly, awesome decision to take the ASCoC FL sanctioned races back off of points and instead offer an enticing point fund for series drivers to entice them to come if they so choose. Finally, the purse is much improved IMO and I really like the extra tow money based on finish position, rewarding drivers who have a good night.

What's everybody elses thoughts. Again PLEASE click and read the link. There is quite a bit of info I didn't include, just what I felt was the most pertinent information.
                      Couldn't get the link to work for me ... few thoughts.

I like the changes ... They most be expecting 15 or more teams with how they got things set up?

Think the Florida deal is a good deal now not being points and added money for the All-Star guys to make a few extra bucks not only for traveling so far, but also the stiffer competition as well with the WoO, PA, Knoxville, etc... running those shows as well.

I like the tow package as well ... the better you race point-wise the more money you get for the next race.

Point fund purse was needed for sure especially with the extra long trips this you with the Knoxville weekend, NY weekend, Wisconsin/IRA weekend, and of course the several PA trips. Think they are trying to branch out a little bit to try and get some further competitors to bite or race a lot more with them such as Danny Dietrich who seems to be running a lot of All-Star races this year and not staying home on Friday nights.

Like when they make the heat races matter and that is how they base the mains on as well. I always liked the Kings Royal format with forcing teams to race hard in the heats and making every spot matter.

Comment

I hope the ascoc can lure some teams to follow that aren't from ohio/western,pa since there on the road going farther and more often which is like taking our top traveling teams out of our area and keeping them away. Sucks for the fans here. It would make the ascoc shows here better to go along with our other local shows and could open the door for the fast/oscs merger to travel locally and get a lot of support and really turn into something. Kind of hope rich farmer does have his hand in buying the oscs with that intention of putting these smaller traveling series under one brand and running closer. See what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by mudinmybeer View Post
                          I hope the ascoc can lure some teams to follow that aren't from ohio/western,pa since there on the road going farther and more often which is like taking our top traveling teams out of our area and keeping them away. Sucks for the fans here. It would make the ascoc shows here better to go along with our other local shows and could open the door for the fast/oscs merger to travel locally and get a lot of support and really turn into something. Kind of hope rich farmer does have his hand in buying the oscs with that intention of putting these smaller traveling series under one brand and running closer. See what happens.
                          Funny thing is at one time fans were complaining that the All-Stars were in the area to much and wasn't making it a special event when they came around.

Now fans want them around a lot more ... they are still running nearly half their schedule in Ohio with 21 of the 50 (55 total races which include Florida) races in Ohio alone over 9 race weekends.

To me, the FAST series branched out to far the past few years going to places like Mercer and Atomic and you saw their drivers/team numbers go down. Think they would be better served traveling closer for the teams sake especially since the purse/to win prize isn't better than when they race at Attica/Fremont. They are already venturing to Sharon twice this coming year which was just announced as part of Sharon's adding more 410 races this year.

Would be nice if FAST (or FOD however you want to call them now) would try and make it easier for the locals by having races at Wayne County (which we know won't happen since they are direct competition for local Saturday night 410 racing), or Waynesfield, or Lima, or Mansfield, or even Millstream to keep them somewhat local 4-5 times a year and when Attica/Fremont aren't running the 410's.

Just not sure the OSCS will survive especially (if keeping the southern part of Ohio) with Atomic picking the 410's back up and having them quite a bit at their place. Asking guys from the southern part of the state to travel 3-4 hours is quite a bit for local teams. Doing it a couple times a year might not be bad, but asking them to do it more than that results in not many guys following the entire series. The OSCS didn't have a lot of cars follow them last year and probably because of all the traveling north to places like Attica/Fremont/Wayne County so much.

I personally like the old FAST where it was all about Attica/Fremont and helping those local teams with an extra point fund and more prize money/contingency's. I think in some way they would be better off going back to that and allowing their teams when Attica/Fremont aren't running to venture out to whatever tracks they want that weekend, but we know we have to keep them drivers/teams cattle them in or they might find out that other tracks are team friendly as well.

Think the more little series in Ohio will just keep hurting the local tracks that try and keep 410 racing local every weekend instead of becoming a special event type of racing. Also it hurts the teams/drivers because they have to do a lot more traveling which in turn means spending a lot more money and wear and tear on equipment, possibly staying overnight, etc... and not a bigger purse/prize money while doing all this extra traveling and not that big of a point fund that hasn't went up with the extra traveling.

Comment

Originally posted by ErocWolverine View Post

Funny thing is at one time fans were complaining that the All-Stars were in the area to much and wasn't making it a special event when they came around.

Now fans want them around a lot more ... they are still running nearly half their schedule in Ohio with 21 of the 50 (55 total races which include Florida) races in Ohio alone over 9 race weekends.

To me, the FAST series branched out to far the past few years going to places like Mercer and Atomic and you saw their drivers/team numbers go down. Think they would be better served traveling closer for the teams sake especially since the purse/to win prize isn't better than when they race at Attica/Fremont. They are already venturing to Sharon twice this coming year which was just announced as part of Sharon's adding more 410 races this year.

Would be nice if FAST (or FOD however you want to call them now) would try and make it easier for the locals by having races at Wayne County (which we know won't happen since they are direct competition for local Saturday night 410 racing), or Waynesfield, or Lima, or Mansfield, or even Millstream to keep them somewhat local 4-5 times a year and when Attica/Fremont aren't running the 410's.

Just not sure the OSCS will survive especially (if keeping the southern part of Ohio) with Atomic picking the 410's back up and having them quite a bit at their place. Asking guys from the southern part of the state to travel 3-4 hours is quite a bit for local teams. Doing it a couple times a year might not be bad, but asking them to do it more than that results in not many guys following the entire series. The OSCS didn't have a lot of cars follow them last year and probably because of all the traveling north to places like Attica/Fremont/Wayne County so much.

I personally like the old FAST where it was all about Attica/Fremont and helping those local teams with an extra point fund and more prize money/contingency's. I think in some way they would be better off going back to that and allowing their teams when Attica/Fremont aren't running to venture out to whatever tracks they want that weekend, but we know we have to keep them drivers/teams cattle them in or they might find out that other tracks are team friendly as well.

Think the more little series in Ohio will just keep hurting the local tracks that try and keep 410 racing local every weekend instead of becoming a special event type of racing. Also it hurts the teams/drivers because they have to do a lot more traveling which in turn means spending a lot more money and wear and tear on equipment, possibly staying overnight, etc... and not a bigger purse/prize money while doing all this extra traveling and not that big of a point fund that hasn't went up with the extra traveling.
                            They branched out b/c the teams asked to and they know they will at least get the attica/fremont type purse when traveling to these other tracks.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay72c View Post

They branched out b/c the teams asked to and they know they will at least get the attica/fremont type purse when traveling to these other tracks.
                              Understand that point, but since branching out the drivers/teams list has went down. I believe last year they only had 10-11 drivers/teams run the series.

Comment

10 or so drivers in a series is still a very good number for a regional series.
                                2018 Race Counter: 22
                                Atomic (1), Attica (7), Mansfield (3), Wayne Co. (2), Fremont (3), Montpelier (1), Eldora (1), Waynesfield (1), Kokomo (1), Limaland (1), 35 Raceway (1)

Comment

Working...
                                X