2018 All-Stars (ASCoC) News/Results

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GTigers55 View Post
    10 or so drivers in a series is still a very good number for a regional series.
    I wouldn't really call the FAST series a regional series ... that would be the All-Star ... (IMO) ... FAST is a local series.

Before they started traveling to other tracks they was getting 17-20 drivers/teams or more for the FAST series.

Comment

But to be fair, if you were just a weekly competitor at both Attica and Fremont you essentially ran the FAST series then whether you intended to or not. So why not sign up for it and get a couple extra bucks. Wasn't so much following a series if you see what I mean? Although I do know some guys like Craig Mintz in 2016 only ran the FAST races. Not sure how many did that prior to then.
      2018 Race Counter: 17
      Atomic (1), Attica (5), Mansfield (3), Wayne Co. (1), Fremont (2), Montpelier (1), Eldora (1), Waynesfield (1), Kokomo (1), Limaland (1)

Comment

Originally posted by GTigers55 View Post
        But to be fair, if you were just a weekly competitor at both Attica and Fremont you essentially ran the FAST series then whether you intended to or not. So why not sign up for it and get a couple extra bucks. Wasn't so much following a series if you see what I mean? Although I do know some guys like Craig Mintz in 2016 only ran the FAST races. Not sure how many did that prior to then.

It is when they started traveling all over for the same money

Comment

Originally posted by RYAN5R View Post

It is when they started traveling all over for the same money
          Like any decision some teams like it and some teams do not.

Comment

I agree with both of the above posts. All of this is voluntary -either you support it or you walk away. That being said, I inquiried as to why some very modest tow money isn’t being paid to the top 10 teams in points for road shows, and was told there is no sanction fee (the normal source of tow money funding ). Then I was told the events were being done for the “little guys “. I found that amusing, as the “ little guys “ are the ones who are usually lacking funding. Initially, I was in favor of a modest number of road shows, but now, not so much. As a sponsor / co-owner, I don’t want my money spent on gas and wear and tear on the tow vehicle and trailer. Since it is voluntary, I’m thinking of walking away and saving $. Just one person’s opinion and there is not necessarily a right or wrong on this subject.

Comment

So no sanctioning fee? I figured they would need to do that for the points fund but maybe it is all paid by sponsors.

Comment

“Millstream Speedway is an important part of our racing careers and our community,” Shane Helms said. “We want to see Millstream Speedway thrive and we want to pay homage to the local greats, including Bob Hampshire and Rick Ferkel.”

The May 27 show will be called the Bob Hampshire Classic and the June 23 event, which pays $10,000 to win, is titled the Rick Ferkel Classic.

“Bob and Rick are two veterans of sprint car racing who have great ties to Findlay and we’re excited to be able to honor them,” Helms said. “There has been great racing at Millstream Speedway for many decades and we’re going to work hard to continue that tradition in 2018.”

Comment

That weekend will be great until Fremont schedules a 5k to win show on the Saturday and another fast show on Sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay72c View Post
                    That weekend will be great until Fremont schedules a 5k to win show on the Saturday and another fast show on Sunday.

The "Fair board" runs it now so who knows

Comment

Originally posted by RYAN5R View Post

The "Fair board" runs it now so who knows
                      I’ve already spoken at length to a person on the Fair Board and I came away from the conversation believing they don’t have a clue what is in store for them. As a 501 (C) (3) - Not for Profit corporation, their financials are a matter of public record. I checked their filings ( IRS Form 990 ) for the past several years, and found that they have been losing money for each of the past several years. This summer, they launched an initiative to generate $ 1.2 million over the next 5 years in order to make capital improvements to the overall grounds and other expenses. This $ 1.2 million would come from donations from businesses and the general public. They don’t seem to be doing anything to generate these donations (perks and etc ), so I think this initiative will be difficult to fulfill. I hope I am wrong, but I believe they should have found an outside source to promote the races rather than take this on as an in-house endeavor. If the racing side of the business produces red ink, look out !.

Comment

Originally posted by Muddy99 View Post

I’ve already spoken at length to a person on the Fair Board and I came away from the conversation believing they don’t have a clue what is in store for them. As a 501 (C) (3) - Not for Profit corporation, their financials are a matter of public record. I checked their filings ( IRS Form 990 ) for the past several years, and found that they have been losing money for each of the past several years. This summer, they launched an initiative to generate $ 1.2 million over the next 5 years in order to make capital improvements to the overall grounds and other expenses. This $ 1.2 million would come from donations from businesses and the general public. They don’t seem to be doing anything to generate these donations (perks and etc ), so I think this initiative will be difficult to fulfill. I hope I am wrong, but I believe they should have found an outside source to promote the races rather than take this on as an in-house endeavor. If the racing side of the business produces red ink, look out !.
                        It is probably why they tried to sell the camping ground/across the street parking to Kroger's a couple of years ago.

Seems weird that Attica can basically rebuild their entire fairgrounds over the years while Fremont is losing money like crazy.

Comment

The difference is attendance. Cold nights in the spring attica don't pull in many fans but other then that they get a descent crowd every show.Fremont seems to struggle all the time and even for the special shows they have. I know im not driving by wcs anymore to go to fremont. I did enjoy the jim ford last year but it was my only trip up there. I can see this year being no different with no big ascoc races scheduled and probably more of the same from last years schedule. im only planning on the ford again unless weather plays a apart in me traveling to fremont. meanwhile I went to attica 13 times last season and will do the same unless Deerfields Friday shows can sway me there more this upcoming season. see what happens.

Comment

Josh Baughman forming a team with himself and Aaron Reutzel to run the entire All-Stars series along with roughly 30 WoO events ... Josh is scaling back driving to about 24 races because of family/own business while having Aaron run for the All-Star title.

Good to see a good team coming to run with the All-Stars along with being in the Ohio area a lot more as well!

http://www.joshbaughman.com/news/?i=55712

Baughman Scaling Back His Number of Races as He Forms Alliance With Reutzel

Comment

Originally posted by ErocWolverine View Post
                              Josh Baughman forming a team with himself and Aaron Reutzel to run the entire All-Stars series along with roughly 30 WoO events ... Josh is scaling back driving to about 24 races because of family/own business while having Aaron run for the All-Star title.

Good to see a good team coming to run with the All-Stars along with being in the Ohio area a lot more as well!

http://www.joshbaughman.com/news/?i=55712

Baughman Scaling Back His Number of Races as He Forms Alliance With Reutzel
                              Yeah Reutzel will make a big difference in star power to the all stars this year. I imagine he'll handle being in a 410 full time just fine although the new tracks (as with most drivers) will probably give some headaches. Knew Reutzel was looking to move up and awesome to see that he'll be around here much more next year!
                              2018 Race Counter: 17
                              Atomic (1), Attica (5), Mansfield (3), Wayne Co. (1), Fremont (2), Montpelier (1), Eldora (1), Waynesfield (1), Kokomo (1), Limaland (1)

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X