2018 All-Stars (ASCoC) News/Results

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Live Dirt Updates‏ @LiveDirtUpdates 12h12 hours ago

Dave Blaney will be running full-time with the @ASCoC this season in the Pete Grove No. 70 car

-------------------------------------

So far the All-Stars are putting together a pretty good list of drivers/teams/owners for this 2018 season. A lot bigger names are coming on-board and should be a exciting year. Will be interesting to see how many of last years teams stick around and try year #2 for a lot of them. You would think it would be a lot easier/better for them after going through it once, but do they have the funds to do it. A lot of these tracks were probably the first time many of them seen those tracks let alone drive on them.

As for Dave glad to see him getting back full-time dirt racing especially since he has only dabbled in it the last several years and he will be racing more in our area with the All-Stars. Think if he can get some good equipment and crew behind him think he can be pretty successful with the All-Stars once again.

Comment

"A lot of bigger names are coming on board" Who are you talking about? The only other name I've heard is Reutzel. That's 2 teams, with the Grove ride following the tour previously with Holtgraver. I wouldn't call that a lot.

Comment

Read this yesterday on Hoseheads.
        I think Dave and Pete will do well on the All Star tour. Pete keeps good equipment.
        I think the All Stars will have a quality of drivers that will make the shows have multiple winners.
        There will not be one dominant driver winning everything.
        You will have your basic teams that follow the entire series for points and the points battle will be for just a small group.
        The higher payoff is attracting more teams even if they do not go fulltime. I think they will attract more OUTLAW style drivers who will pick what tracks they race. This could make it well worth the ticket price.

Comment

So far there are 4 drivers with announcements confirming they are running full time. Ayrton Olsen, Tyler Esh (who ran 7th in pts last year), Aaron Reutzel, and Dave Blaney. I’d expect Kemenah and Helms to be back. Also I think Ryan Smith and Brandon Spithaler will probably run again. The western PA guys i’d expect to stay back home with the increase in better paying shows at Sharon. But I could be wrong on that. I could see the Mackison’s coming back but I’d put it in the unlikely catergory.
          2018 Race Counter: 18
          Atomic (1), Attica (5), Mansfield (3), Wayne Co. (2), Fremont (2), Montpelier (1), Eldora (1), Waynesfield (1), Kokomo (1), Limaland (1)

Comment

Since the points do not count in Florida, you may have some guys like Lee Jacobs come back

Comment

Originally posted by Jay72c View Post
              Since the points do not count in Florida, you may have some guys like Lee Jacobs come back
              I would certainly like to see them back on tour. he had a rather successful season last year.
              Atomic (1), Attica (5), Mansfield (3), Wayne Co. (2), Fremont (2), Montpelier (1), Eldora (1), Waynesfield (1), Kokomo (1), Limaland (1)

Comment

Originally posted by Jay72c View Post
                I think that would be great, but just wondering on a couple of big weekends for him and the All-Star series ... the Knoxville swing for 3-day shows along with the New York 3-day show swing which would make it tough for him being a teacher and all unless he takes those Friday's off.

Comment

I’m not sure when school is starting but looking at schedule I THINK it’d be before. End of July certainly should be for Iowa and New York is August 13th or so which depends on the school district. I think at my school we always had two weeks before Labor Day.

Comment

Can't forget about the PA swing Thursday-Sunday August 23-26, that could play a role too depending on when school starts back up

Comment

• Max Stambaugh to run the all stars in family car announced on ILP press release! Will also attend the races at Bubba and Volusia.

Comment

• Originally posted by GTigers55 View Post
                        Max Stambaugh to run the all stars in family car announced on ILP press release! Will also attend the races at Bubba and Volusia.
                        good to hear.

Comment

• Originally posted by ErocWolverine View Post

I think that would be great, but just wondering on a couple of big weekends for him and the All-Star series ... the Knoxville swing for 3-day shows along with the New York 3-day show swing which would make it tough for him being a teacher and all unless he takes those Friday's off.
                          Lee did the new york swing last year and ran over half the schedule i believe

Comment

• Also that knoxville swing works cause a lot of these guys run the 360 and 410 nationals so your car was gonna be headed out that way regardless

Comment

• patty‏ @pattyhaud

Jac Haudenschild will choose #3 for his car in 2018. Jac is excited to go racing a fuel card is very much needed. Please retweet!

patty‏ @pattyhaud

Replying to @opie8699

Would like to run the whole all star schedule

patty‏ @pattyhaud

Looking for sponsors to help Jac Haudenschild run his own team this year. We have a lot of Equipment needed to start the year, but need more help to finish the year. Please retweet.

Comment

• Awesome! Looks like the All stars will be pretty solid this upcoming year.

Comment

Working...
                                X