2018 Mansfield Motor Speedway News/Results

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RRacer70 View Post
    Those drivers need to do the registration then they are covered.
    Also this is good as it supports those drivers who are making the commitment to Mansfield.
    I think it would also help some of the local teams.
    That is always easy to say, but are you willing to pay 200.00 for something that you might not attend because of possibly prior commitments such as your owner, sponsor, team usually races some places else and looking for a track championship, point fund, etc...

I have heard excuses from some of you over the years about how much a tire cost, how much racing cost, etc... but to pay for something you might not attend seems crazy to me especially when they want you to pay for it at least a month ahead of time.

Again having the early signing period and then after a certain date is fine with me because those teams/drivers that can save some money will put that out there, but why stop it or cut it off? Why not have a deal where the day of the event or a month away cost another 50-100 so teams/drivers will be willing to pay in advance.

Just think for a moment where maybe the WoO teams get rained out the entire weekend and some of those teams would like to come, but they can't because of not being registered now. Do you think if it is Wednesday before the event and the WoO cancels that show because of weather and the up coming forecast doesn't look good so they cancel it that teams wouldn't want to come to this event? Also I am betting that would probably get some people off the fence on attending this event as well especially if they knew some of the WoO guys were coming at the last minute or one of their drivers that they follow at the last minute says he is coming. Do you think if JAC was still on the WoO tour and it got rained out he wouldn't be there and that wouldn't bring a few more fans to this event, but he can't race because he didn't do the registration.

Again I get it ... they are trying to use this to market the race and to show who is going to be there to attract fans to this event and they are worried that some of the bigger names that aren't sure of attending will pay early and sit and wait till the end so the fans might not come because "so and so driver" isn't there.

Not really sure how it helps the local teams out? I wonder how many local teams will actually put up that kind of money?

Comment

As a former car owner I would pay the entry fee especially the early fee of $150 which includes the pit pass.
      As a fan I would not base my attendance on if the WoO would show up or not.
      I would be attending on the amazing race it should be.

Comment

103 cars and it gets done the following afternoon

Comment

Originally posted by RRacer70 View Post
          As a former car owner I would pay the entry fee especially the early fee of $150 which includes the pit pass.
          As a fan I would not base my attendance on if the WoO would show up or not.
          I would be attending on the amazing race it should be.
          Your thinking of a guy sitting in the Attica, Fremont, or Wayne County pits ...

You would pay it even if you lived 600 plus miles away and not sure if your local track that has a huge point fund that you run regularly at will be running that weekend?

As a local fan ... no the WoO's wouldn't be the only reason, but it might help to bring traveling fans along.

Originally posted by Amish Mafia View Post
          103 cars and it gets done the following afternoon
          Yea, let's hope he/they have figured out something better than what we have seen there.

Comment

The pre registration does nothing to increase the car count but can potentially hurt it. And what if the number of cars pre registered doesn't meet expectations?
            How much is GA? I've looked on the site and couldn't find it.... wasn't it $35 for the last ASCOC race there? Which was a 1 division show, yes they ran 2 features but the fans had already paid for the first one before.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bowling View Post
              How much is GA? I've looked on the site and couldn't find it.... wasn't it $35 for the last ASCOC race there? Which was a 1 division show, yes they ran 2 features but the fans had already paid for the first one before.
              I don't believe they announced anything yet for ticket prices. There is nothing on their site about ticket prices.

Looks like they have added suites to the backstretch or that is the plan by their map.

Comment

The pre registration does nothing to increase the car count but can potentially hurt it. And what if the number of cars pre registered doesn't meet expectations?
                I believe it was $25 if you purchased up to the day before race online and $30 at gate. And discounted tickets for those who went to first race which every other track I’ve been to in that situation wouldn’t give any discount. Had same situation at Attica for speed week and Fremont with the run what ya brung. Was nice of sommer to give the discount.
                2018 Race Counter: 17
                Atomic (1), Attica (5), Mansfield (3), Wayne Co. (1), Fremont (2), Montpelier (1), Eldora (1), Waynesfield (1), Kokomo (1), Limaland (1)

Comment

Originally posted by GTigers55 View Post

I believe it was $25 if you purchased up to the day before race online and $30 at gate. And discounted tickets for those who went to first race which every other track I’ve been to in that situation wouldn’t give any discount. Had same situation at Attica for speed week and Fremont with the run what ya brung. Was nice of sommer to give the discount.
                  It was a nice gesture but still a fairly steep ticket for a one division show.

Comment

This will be the 2nd highest paying show in the country this year. There is gonna be a **** ton of cars sign up and hopefully a big crowd!

Fingers crossed that the track prep is good and the show moves along smoothly

Comment

It looks like they've changed the pre registration deadlines. Early registration now goes to April 2 with late registration till April 25 with none accepted after that.
                      Spectator ticket sales to start Jan 18.

Comment

It looks like they've changed the pre registration deadlines. Early registration now goes to April 2 with late registration till April 25 with none accepted after that.
                        Spectator ticket sales to start Jan 18.
                        That sounds a lot better ... they might have been following on here

Comment

With all the talk about the 100k to win 410 sprint show at Mansfield. What's everyone think about the dirt million and its unique format and ever growing purse?

https://dirtmillion.com/registration.html

Comment

I'm interested to see how it will go. It kinda reminds me of how I heard back in the day tracks would pay positions based off of the crowd. Like 5% to first etc. I'm a bit surprised to see if you don't make the feature at all you only get $100 but all the more reason to make the feature. I really hope it goes well and I think it's great that Lucas Oil is sanctioning the show. Gets some big names there for that run their series. I honestly do wonder though how many local (Northern OH) teams will race it. I'm betting only the top 10-12 teams will go from up in Attica/Wayne County/Hilltop because there just isn't a whole lot of depth until you get out a little ways. I expect to see the Carpenter, Conley, and a bunch of other southern drivers compete. Hopefully some of the top dogs in MI come down as well. It's gonna be a heck of race for sure. I'm certainly interested in going to it but my racing schedule will depend entirely on my work schedule as I should have every other weekend off.

I will add this. I know that Sommer is awarding provisionals for guys promoting the event by the my race points or whatever it was. But I personally feel like that could get a little out of hand and just lead to a wealthy team saying hey we'll put in this much money for our driver so he gets into the main event no matter what! I do like the popularity contest for the final provisional as it'll get a well liked driver in the show. I completely understand why he's doing the racer points provisionals as it will encourage the promotion of the event but not sure I agree with it. Would be cool to see some sponsors or local fans get behind one or two of our local drivers and try to get them that spot but I imagine much like other things in racing they'd still get outspent.
                            2018 Race Counter: 17
                            Atomic (1), Attica (5), Mansfield (3), Wayne Co. (1), Fremont (2), Montpelier (1), Eldora (1), Waynesfield (1), Kokomo (1), Limaland (1)

Comment

Car count should be good with all the big names for Eroc since the outlaws didn't schedule against it.

Comment

Originally posted by mudinmybeer View Post
                                Car count should be good with all the big names for Eroc since the outlaws didn't schedule against it.
                                Glad you worry so much about me ...

Comment

Working...
                                X