No announcement yet.

2018 Mansfield Motor Speedway News/Results

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ticket prices for Friday night double $5,000 to win event ...

$39.00 reserved, $34.00 reserved, and $29.00 for general admission.

Ticket prices for Saturday night $100,000 to win event ...

$49.00 reserved, $44.00 reserved, and $39.00 for general admission.

Comment

Saw that, honestly think those prices are in line with what this event is expected to be. Anyone who's anybody (that's not on outlaws) will be there. The site actually crashed last night due to heavy traffic at 8PM when the tickets opened so it's going to be a packed house.
      2018 Race Counter: 24
      Atomic (1), Attica (7), Mansfield (3), Wayne Co. (2), Fremont (3), Montpelier (2), Eldora (1), Waynesfield (1), Kokomo (1), Limaland (1), 35 Raceway (1), Gas City (1)

Comment

I will gladly pay $50 to see a $100k to win show. Everyone should support this promoter for putting up that kind of money. I know the place has had issues but it has also had some good shows

Comment

Originally posted by GTigers55 View Post
          Saw that, honestly think those prices are in line with what this event is expected to be. Anyone who's anybody (that's not on outlaws) will be there. The site actually crashed last night due to heavy traffic at 8PM when the tickets opened so it's going to be a packed house.
          Seems a little high to me (for each night) when comparing it to other bigger events that have similar or even higher purses whether it is a late model race or sprint car race, but he is a business man and trying to make a lot of money by having these big events.

For comparison ...

Friday night show is less than a typical WoO event purse so to me that seems a little high when you think about going to a WoO event whether it is at Attica, Eldora, Williams Grove, Knoxville, etc... where your paying not only the WoO purse, but also helping pay for the fees, tow money of getting the WoO to the event. Also in most cases except for the Brad Doty race at Attica you usually have another class or two which usually isn't that big of purse, but still gets paid out whether it is late models, mods, 305/360 sprints, street stocks, etc... Again they are likely going to have a lot of cars at this event so it won't disappoint the fans on car count or not having another class there.

WoO regular event ... $47,800 total purse ... Ticket prices vary depending on tracks.
          Mansfield Friday event ... $44,000 total purse ... Ticket prices listed above in another post.
          Mansfield Saturday event ... $200,500 total purse ... Ticket prices listed above in another post.

Saturday event is quite a bit higher ticket price compared to bigger events with bigger payouts such as the Kings Royal, World 100, Dream, etc... those are the type of events I attend so not sure on Knoxville, Port Royal, Williams Grove, or other tracks that have these huge events.

Kings Royal ... $38.00 reserved ... $34.00 general admission ... $321,000 total purse.
          World 100 ... $44.00 reserved .... $40.00 general admission ... $425,000 total purse.
          Dream ... $44.00 reserved .... $40.00 general admission ... $392,000 total purse.

I went there last night to the web site and looked at the seating chart so wondering if it has to do with the web site not being able to handle the load or what? Unless most people that bought tickets were only general admission tickets not many reserved tickets were purchased when you go to the site and look at individual seats for both nights.

I haven't bought my tickets yet ... probably wait till the race gets closer and see who is all attending before deciding to put that amount of my entertainment dollars down. If I go to this two events it will likely hurt my other racing activities around that date and time.

Comment

If you include the non qualifier event it's an additional $10,400 and then $150 to all people who fail to make either of those two events on saturday. I can't deny that the purse is more but I also don't think the Kings royal, for example, will have near as large of a car count as Mansfield will have. They usually get low-mid 50s at kings royal and I expect an additional 10-20 cars compared to that number. Another counterargument (not that this really matters that much) but the GA for Kings Royal is hillside only whereas at mansfield you're still on the front stretch toward either turn, and that's actually where I prefer to sit. I don't really want to compare to Late Models because late models get paid better across the board with their larger events especially. Most people buy GA to go there anyways, their all good seats at Mansfield don't need to have reserved their IMO.
            Atomic (1), Attica (7), Mansfield (3), Wayne Co. (2), Fremont (3), Montpelier (2), Eldora (1), Waynesfield (1), Kokomo (1), Limaland (1), 35 Raceway (1), Gas City (1)

Comment

Originally posted by ErocWolverine View Post

Seems a little high to me (for each night) when comparing it to other bigger events that have similar or even higher purses whether it is a late model race or sprint car race, but he is a business man and trying to make a lot of money by having these big events.

For comparison ...

Friday night show is less than a typical WoO event purse so to me that seems a little high when you think about going to a WoO event whether it is at Attica, Eldora, Williams Grove, Knoxville, etc... where your paying not only the WoO purse, but also helping pay for the fees, tow money of getting the WoO to the event. Also in most cases except for the Brad Doty race at Attica you usually have another class or two which usually isn't that big of purse, but still gets paid out whether it is late models, mods, 305/360 sprints, street stocks, etc... Again they are likely going to have a lot of cars at this event so it won't disappoint the fans on car count or not having another class there.

WoO regular event ... $47,800 total purse ... Ticket prices vary depending on tracks.
              Mansfield Friday event ... $44,000 total purse ... Ticket prices listed above in another post.
              Mansfield Saturday event ... $200,500 total purse ... Ticket prices listed above in another post.

Saturday event is quite a bit higher ticket price compared to bigger events with bigger payouts such as the Kings Royal, World 100, Dream, etc... those are the type of events I attend so not sure on Knoxville, Port Royal, Williams Grove, or other tracks that have these huge events.

Kings Royal ... $38.00 reserved ... $34.00 general admission ... $321,000 total purse.
              World 100 ... $44.00 reserved .... $40.00 general admission ... $425,000 total purse.
              Dream ... $44.00 reserved .... $40.00 general admission ... $392,000 total purse.

I went there last night to the web site and looked at the seating chart so wondering if it has to do with the web site not being able to handle the load or what? Unless most people that bought tickets were only general admission tickets not many reserved tickets were purchased when you go to the site and look at individual seats for both nights.

I haven't bought my tickets yet ... probably wait till the race gets closer and see who is all attending before deciding to put that amount of my entertainment dollars down. If I go to this two events it will likely hurt my other racing activities around that date and time.
              Stop........just stop. Go to Waynesfield and pay your $10 to get in. This is an awesome event. Ticket prices are beyond fair

Comment

Jay72C +1
                2018 Racin' Chasin' Counter: 50 - (5)-Attica, (3)-Ocala, (3)-Mansfield, (3)-Sharon, (3)-Wayne Co., (2)-Volusia, (2)-Waynsfield, (2)-Atomic, (2)-Williams Grove, (2)-Port Royal, (2)-Eldora, (1)-Fremont, (2)-Outlaw (NY), (1)-Stateline (NY), (1)-Weedsport, (1)-Plymouth-WI, (1)-Lernerville, (1)-Plymouth-IN, (1)-Dirt Oval @ Route 66, (1)-Chicagoland, (1)-Eriez, (1)-PPMS, (1)-Lebanon Valley (1)-Angell Park, (1)-Jackson Motorplex, (1)-Knoxville, (1)-34 Raceway, (1)-Lincoln (PA), (1)-Grandview, (1)-Susquhanna, (1) Selinsgrove: (12-Rain Outs)
                2017 Racin' Chasin' Counter: 57 Races @ 30 Tracks; (7-Rain Outs)
                2016 Racin' Chasin' Counter: 59 Races @ 28 Tracks; (15-Rain Outs)
                2015 Racin' Chasin' Counter: 56 Races @ 25 Tracks; (12-Rain Outs)

Comment

Originally posted by Jay72c View Post

Stop........just stop. Go to Waynesfield and pay your $10 to get in. This is an awesome event. Ticket prices are beyond fair
                  Love how some get so offended around here ... lol

Never said I wasn't going (the only race I buy tickets ahead of time is the King's Royal and only missed the 2nd KR), but when your comparing events this is the most expensive for a dirt track fan in Ohio and not even close to being the biggest purse, but love how you say it is fair.

Sorry for pointing out facts that you don't like ...

Let's hope they have learned a lot of lessons on the off-season on how to run and handle big shows because the first year we saw all kinds of struggles all over the place and this being their first race weekend is kind of scary. This is why I was hoping this would be a All-Star event because of how the All-Stars handled the last races at Mansfield because it was the best run events for Mansfield last year (IMO).

Comment

There is **** ton more seating at Eldora, Knoxville and Williams Grove as well which is why they can charge less but still bring in tons more at the gate than Mansfield will be able. I'm just glad there is another big race in ohio this year, i'm not gonna ***** about it for sure.

Comment

Mansfield hasn’t released schedule yet so it might not be their first race. Wouldn’t be surprised to see a tune up race day after attica’s Opener

Comment

Typical Eroc post. Always whining about something then when someone tells him to "stop" he calls them a whiner. If someone got on here and critiqued Attica the way you do every track that's not Attica you would have a meltdown. Why don't you just keep your negative whineyass opinions to yourself?

Comment

Originally posted by JK47 View Post
                          Typical Eroc post. Always whining about something then when someone tells him to "stop" he calls them a whiner. If someone got on here and critiqued Attica the way you do every track that's not Attica you would have a meltdown. Why don't you just keep your negative whineyass opinions to yourself?
                          First off can you show me where I called a poster a whiner in this thread? The only thing I said was how people get offended on here with how I or others post just like you did here.

Maybe you don't know this, but this is a message board where posters can give their opinions whether they are good or bad. Maybe with posters like you who keep attacking posters that might be a reason why this place has become dormant even during the racing season because you want to put down posters all the time or call them out for their opinion so they don't come around anymore.

As for Attica ... funny that you bring that up and I will be the first to tell you that I had issues with Attica several years ago and a lot of other people did as well when it seemed like their track prep wasn't going that well and they was having issues almost that entire year with the track of being rough in spots, dusty, not watered or taken care of that well and guess what they went to work on it and it came from not only posters, but racers as well.

If you want to say something bad about Attica go ahead it is your opinion. I have given Attica crap over the years such as mentioned the track prep, in the earlier days of not racing on a day when the sun was out most of the day and they cancelled it early in the morning after a rain storm, etc... One of the best things about Attica at least for me is their starting the program on time or in a timely manner along with not wasting a lot of time between heat races, divisions, etc... they keep moving the program along and trying to get people out of the track in a timely manner. I think that is one thing a lot of tracks don't think about or care because they already have your money and have you there.

As for Mansfield I was one of the first saying that they could be one of the better tracks in Ohio and a lot of posters on here was getting on me about it. Mansfield had a lot of issues this past year and wasn't just one thing.

It started with their track prep whether it be no water on it and Jac creating a t-shirt out of that dust bowl, no equipment to work the track/breaking down when the track was to wet and saying they was going to race, etc...

The concession/restroom deals of not having enough food or restrooms opened up whether it be the first race or the last race when they was running out of food.

The ticket lines ... yes they just re-opened and a lot of people were there and likely more than they ever thought would show up, but when you see 200 plus people standing in line for tickets at 5:00pm and don't have a line open yet and then you keep seeing the line grow larger and larger to the point when it was opened they only had 1 line for quite along time. Yes it improved a little bit after that event, but still had issues.

I admitted I missed a few event there, but also went to a few as well ... I had somebody I knew go to every event there so even when I didn't attend they was telling me about what they liked and what they didn't. That is the another thing that tracks don't realize the best advertising is the word of moth by people that attend events. Most people want the events to be successful and would like to see things ran better. That is why people voice their opinions on how to possibly make things better or given their opinion on things. Been going to the race track for 45 years now and have seen a lot of good racing, bad racing, bad tracks/good tracks, etc... and I will continue to voice my opinion whether you like it or not.

The start time of a event ... when you advertise racing starting at 7:00 and it doesn't till 10:00 without weather issues your going to tick off a lot of fans especially those that have young families and seen them leaving even before the heat races were down or even started. With every start time is the finish product as well. When your not leaving the race track till well after midnight on a event that had no issues weather-wise that is a problem for most families. Yes, you will have die-hards that will stick around no problem, but people that have families usually can't stick around that late or trying to attract new fans when all they see for hours is push trucks, graders, or other equipment going around the track instead of race cars or the only thing they see is hot laps before 10:00 that becomes tough to keep them coming back.

Need to figure out a new pit-gate deal whether you start the cars in the shoot and make some type of run off for the push trucks or put a opening in turns 3 and 4 so the trucks can get off the track as soon as possible and return to the pits. When your wasting 10-20 minutes in-between heat races because your pushing cars to the infield it becomes a time issue.

As for this event ... I will likely attend, but can still voice my opinion on issues especially when it is my entertainment dollars being used ... The only thing I pointed out was the admission prices being a little high and comparing them to other events that paid well. Again that price is going to turn some fans off I can guarantee it along with how the track was run last year is going to have some questioning on going or not. Let's hope GTiger is right and they have a event or two before this one to work out some bugs that they still had the entire year last season. I want Mansfield to have a good year and want to see good racing there because that is one of the tracks I grew up at as a kid and always loved going there. I still remember and talk about the one event where it was a speedweek show and they must have gotten about 4 inches a rain during/after the event and running back to the vehicle after the race going through mud puddles that you had going up from your ankle to your knee on a small boy and then having to help others pushing their cars out of the parking lots or pulling them out with your fathers Cherokee jeep.

Comment

Are the tickets $5 more on race day?Thats how they did it last year.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Kerner View Post
                              Are the tickets $5 more on race day?Thats how they did it last year.
                              It's not posted but I'd imagine so. I understand the move though as a business, gives incentive for people to purchase before hand.

Comment

Im guessing 60-70

Comment

Working...
                                X