Clear All

Originally posted by Amish Mafia View Post
    103 cars and it gets done the following afternoon
    I think you're onto something.
    ~~ Connect with me on LinkedIn ~~
    http://www.linkedin.com/in/bryanautullo

Comment

0 cars.
      2018 Race Count 12 : Mansfield (2) , Lawrenceburg (1) , Attica (6) , Wayne County (2) , Waynesfield (1)

Comment

My “ guesstimate “ is 50-55 cars, of which 40-45 will be teams which compete in the area regularly or from time to time. The balance of 10-15 will be visiting ( out of area ) teams. Finish time 1.30- 2 AM, barring weather delays. Huge car counts just don’t happen very often anymore. Might be able to get more than 50-55 if they do something for non transfers. I won’t get into the nightly cost of competing - those who read this forum and who race know the numbers. With each passing year, I’m more into a good old weekly race, but for those who will be supporting this one, I hope it goes well for you.

Comment

I agree with Muddy! I'd love to see a 75 car field, but I just don't see that happening. 55 is a good target and I think anything beyond needing a D-main is too much for a single day event! In the end I hope whoever wins the big money is someone who doesn't win a ton of races and drives the wheels off of it to put it in victory lane!
          ~~ Connect with me on LinkedIn ~~
          http://www.linkedin.com/in/bryanautullo

Comment

I don't post on here a lot but I have to admit I agree with Eroc on some of his comments. When he compared purse, admission prices to other events in Ohio, you are foolish to think this does not come into play eventually. People on this board who are directly involved with a team and show up is a different category than casual fans who sit in the grandstands. This is a lot of money to pay for general admission for a non sanctioned event. It's like saying"Wow!" the Toledo Mud Hens are paying their team World Series money and charging that World Series $ to get in. Could be a great game and great for their players..... However, still not like going to an Indians or Tigers game guaranteed to see those players. No way I way pay now for a ticket for this event when I would just sit in the grandstands and be a casual fan. Plus the weather not always the best (aver. temp in Mansfield is 64 high/42 low during that time of year (https://www.usclimatedata.com/climat...tates/usoh0549). Please do not argue temperature is irrelevant if you are walking in the pits, working on cars, or can hide out in a trailer or hauler. If this was a WoO sanctioned event I would risk the money now. With this type of purse I would think they would be able to dictate (like Knoxville) some different procedures with the WoO to get the names but also create a unique format. Just going to watch and see how this whole thing plays out between car counts and the weatherman before deciding to go.

Comment

Jac Haudenschild just entered the Mansfield race. Gonna have no shortage of fans now. Wooster/Mansfield region fills up in a hurry when the haudenschilds are racing.
              2018 Race Counter: 18
              Atomic (1), Attica (5), Mansfield (3), Wayne Co. (2), Fremont (2), Montpelier (1), Eldora (1), Waynesfield (1), Kokomo (1), Limaland (1)

Comment

Originally posted by GTigers55 View Post
                Jac Haudenschild just entered the Mansfield race. Gonna have no shortage of fans now. Wooster/Mansfield region fills up in a hurry when the haudenschilds are racing.
                I doubt they was ever going to have a shortage of fans for this event.

Simple facts to cover the purse ...

Takes 5,141 general seat fans to cover the purse for Saturday nights event.
                Takes 1,517 general seat fans to cover the purse for Friday nights event.

I am sure he will be safe and make some money.

Comment

I hope he makes money. He needs it to finish buying Mansfield and to finish all the improvements. Milliron isnt selling the track for cheap.

He has taken the chance and brought the track back to life. People commenting around here are not complaining of prices but instead of supporting the shows to keep Mansfield open. Many think this track could surpass Eldora as the premiere facility.
                  It is not a weekly track but a specials as the pricing goes to supporting the size of operation of this facility.

Yes Jac will sell tickets.

Comment

Originally posted by RRacer70 View Post
                    Many think this track could surpass Eldora as the premiere facility.
                    And that right there is why I think there are no all star races there this year in my opinion...
                    Atomic (1), Attica (5), Mansfield (3), Wayne Co. (2), Fremont (2), Montpelier (1), Eldora (1), Waynesfield (1), Kokomo (1), Limaland (1)

Comment

• Originally posted by GTigers55 View Post
                      And that right there is why I think there are no all star races there this year in my opinion...
                      I highly doubt Eldora is worried about that at this point in time ... Eldora just had their biggest year with fans at their biggest events. Record crowd at the Kings Royal (30,000 fans???) along with both late model events having huge crowds as well. They have 3 of the biggest 4 races in dirt track racing ... you could probably say 4 of 5 if you want to add the truck race as well (Kings Royal, World 100, and Dream races) along with the fact that 3 of their races are three of the biggest events out there with history, purses, and good ticket prices, concession prices, etc...

Think people like to over think these issues way to much especially the fact that Mansfield has only been opened for 1 year and hasn't had 1 show yet that hasn't had some type of issues.

Could be several things or just one or none at all ...

Maybe because Mansfield has ties with Farmer didn't want to pay All-Star fees or All-Stars didn't want to have race there because of ties with Farmer.

Maybe it has to do with Mansfield didn't like the dates it was offered especially when you think about when the All-Stars are in this area they are usually at Attica, Wayne County, Findlay, Eldora, Sharon, or Wayne County? That doesn't leave to many dates especially if Sunday isn't a option when Mansfield stated last year when they cancelled the one show because of being on Sunday and no other reason.

Maybe it was the All-Stars not happy that they wasn't granted the sanction for the big show, etc...

The best event at Mansfield last year as far as the program/event went (IMO) is when the All-Stars were in charge of the program/event.

Comment

• Originally posted by dzirzow View Post
                        I don't post on here a lot but I have to admit I agree with Eroc on some of his comments. When he compared purse, admission prices to other events in Ohio, you are foolish to think this does not come into play eventually. People on this board who are directly involved with a team and show up is a different category than casual fans who sit in the grandstands. This is a lot of money to pay for general admission for a non sanctioned event. It's like saying"Wow!" the Toledo Mud Hens are paying their team World Series money and charging that World Series $ to get in. Could be a great game and great for their players..... However, still not like going to an Indians or Tigers game guaranteed to see those players. No way I way pay now for a ticket for this event when I would just sit in the grandstands and be a casual fan. Plus the weather not always the best (aver. temp in Mansfield is 64 high/42 low during that time of year (https://www.usclimatedata.com/climat...tates/usoh0549). Please do not argue temperature is irrelevant if you are walking in the pits, working on cars, or can hide out in a trailer or hauler. If this was a WoO sanctioned event I would risk the money now. With this type of purse I would think they would be able to dictate (like Knoxville) some different procedures with the WoO to get the names but also create a unique format. Just going to watch and see how this whole thing plays out between car counts and the weatherman before deciding to go.
                        It is a huge race. People will be traveling from all over the country to come see it. They will not be relying solely on the local market. I predict massive crowds both nights

Comment

• I also agree I wish they had the All Stars to run the event but oh well hope it goes smooth

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay72c View Post

It is a huge race. People will be traveling from all over the country to come see it. They will not be relying solely on the local market. I predict massive crowds both nights
                            Agree ... will be interesting to see how fans travel for this event that time of year (from afar).

Originally posted by Jay72c View Post
                            I also agree I wish they had the All Stars to run the event but oh well hope it goes smooth
                            Think that would have been HUGE for a lot of people and their confidence level of this event.

Now a lot of people are hoping they have all the bugs worked out from the previous year and having their biggest show of the year this early when weather could be a big factor that time of year where it could be great (mid temps) or not so much (low temps/rainy).

Comment

• I wasn't saying that Mansfield has surpassed Eldora yet by any means. But when I asked why no all star shows and Mansfield responds with a disappointed face to me it's pretty blatant that they wanted them there but weren't given any shows. I think actually the best race overall though, although I wasn't there, was the 2nd part of the triple crown the day after kings royal where rico/bayston/macedo battled out back and forth for the win. I believe based on race-monitor that the race started and finished in normal time. Out of the events they held only two were really poorly ran, opening night on a brand new surface that they just didn't have ready and the GLDN where they were simply not prepared for the massive car count they received.

Comment

• The ASCoC scheduled around this race so their members could race it.

Comment

Working...
                                X