Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found it! Read the very last line
    Friday – April 27th

*** Prelim Night - Field split in half and compete for two different main events. Top 4 in each main event are locked into the SCWC Saturday night ***

TOTAL POSTED PURSE ($44,000)

MAIN EVENT #1 - (30 Laps) 1st – $5,000 / 2nd – $3,000 / 3rd – $2,000 / 4th – $1,500 / 5th – $1000 / 6th – $900 / 7th – $800 / 8th – $700 / 9th – $600 / 10th thru 20th – $500 to Start

MAIN EVENT #2 - (30 Laps) 1st – $5,000 / 2nd – $3,000 / 3rd – $2,000 / 4th – $1,500 / 5th – $1000 / 6th – $900 / 7th – $800 / 8th – $700 / 9th – $600 / 10th thru 20th – $500 to Start

Saturday – April 28th

TOTAL POSTED PURSE ($200,500)

SCWC MAIN EVENT - (TBD - Laps) 1st – $100,000 / 2nd – $20,000 / 3rd – $10,000 / 4th – $9,000 / 5th – $8,000 / 6th – $7,000 / 7th – $6,000 / 8th – $5,000 / 9th – $4,000 / 10th – $3,000 / 11th - $2,900 / 12th - $2,800 / 13th - $2,700 / 14th - $2,600 / 15th - $2,500 / 16th - $2,400 / 17th - $2,300 / 18th - $2,200 / 19th - $2,100 / 20th thru 22nd - $2,000 to Start

***3 Great Lakes Dirt Nationals provisionals will be tagged at the tail of the field if they are needed. Thus making the possible starting field 25 cars***

NON QUALIFIER RACE - TOTAL POSTED PURSE ($10,400)
    (20 - Laps) 1st – $2,000 / 2nd – $1,000 / 3rd – $900 / 4th – $800 / 5th – $700 / 6th – $600 / 7th – $500 / 8th – $400 / 9th – $375 / 10th – $350 / 11th - $325 / 12th - $300 / 13th - $275 / 14th - $250 / 15th - $225 / 16th thru 22nd - $200 to Start

***Any driver/car that thru Fri/Sat fails to qualify for the SCWC or the Non Qualifier race will recieve $150 ***
    2018 Race Counter: 22
    Atomic (1), Attica (7), Mansfield (3), Wayne Co. (2), Fremont (3), Montpelier (1), Eldora (1), Waynesfield (1), Kokomo (1), Limaland (1), 35 Raceway (1)

Comment

• Apologize for triple post, but an update to my statement above about the 2nd being the deadline. The 2nd is the deadline for EARLY driver registration of $150 with a driver pitpass. The 25th of April is deadline deadline with $200 registration fee and no pitpass.
      EARLY REGISTRATION fee is $150 and includes 2 Day PIT PASS for the Driver. EARLY REGISTRATION DEADLINE IS MONDAY, APRIL 2nd. After APRIL 2nd, Registration Fee will be $200 and registration will NOT include a driver pit pass. Registration for the event will close on Wednesday, April 25th. All registrations must be submitted online in advance prior to arrival. NO REGISTRATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED AFTER APRIL 25th - NO EXCEPTIONS.
      Atomic (1), Attica (7), Mansfield (3), Wayne Co. (2), Fremont (3), Montpelier (1), Eldora (1), Waynesfield (1), Kokomo (1), Limaland (1), 35 Raceway (1)

Comment

• Still somewhat unclear. The big race starts 22 cars. The non qualifier race starts 22 cars. That means 44 cars earn something more than the $ 150 mentioned. That’s a lot of cars only earning only $ 150.00, ( if there were a field of 50 to 60 ), considering the cost of racing. Is the non qualifiers race the same as a traditional “ B Main “ ? Doesn’t look like it, as there is no mention of anyone transferring to the big race from the non qualifiers, and the first several positions pay good money, whereas a B Main is usually just a transfer. So, does a team run BOTH the B Main ( if there is one ), AND the non qualifiers, all for one pay ? Not complaining , but the posted pay structure is way off traditional formats. Makes me wonder if this is why the field to date is not very large.

Comment

• I’m wondering too. If you had to run a B Main and only finished , for example, 8th, looks like you then run the non qualifiers. That means you run 2 races over and above a heat race. Does each race ( B and Non Q ) pay something to start, or just one race ? Good way for a team on a budget to fall behind during the first month of the season. I believe this promoter had similar purse issues the first year of that indoor late model race in 2016. If a track wants a big field, there has to be something more meaningful than $ 150 to $ 200 ( $ 200 being the last 7 spots in the Non Qualifiers Main ). The entry fees and additional pit passes exceeds that money. 👎💰

Comment

• The format isn’t very clear based on payouts, to my knowledge none has been released. It seems to me that the best guess is a points based system Friday night set up like Knoxville, then have D-B mains on Saturday with A and Non Quali. But yes I’m confused too, maybe they’ll clear up the confusion a few days before the event

Comment

• Like so many "big" races, the promotional team has made the purse top heavy to draw headlines. If you want to draw competitors my suggestion would be to have a purse that paid well throughout the field. The drop off from first to second on down is nothing any different that most "big" shows. There will be only one winner but if you would pay better all the way down the line, more competitors would be there. I know it's not my money and Cody can do whatever he wants to. I said early on that my prediction would be 58 cars. We will see how this all turns out. I hope for everyone's sake it is a great success.

Comment

• This has been a good discussion thread , because no one is busting anyone’s chops for a change. I think most fans ( note I didn’t say ALL ) would like to see a large field of cars at a special event, sort of a “ the more the merrier “ sort of concept. This way for the high dollar admission, one gets to see a large fIeld of cars in the Heats, D, C, B, and then a real quality field in the A-Main. So, you still need a good blend of top flight cars, middle of the pack teams, etc. To achieve such a large field, an incentive must be offered, which is a decent pay sheet down the line. Doing this also bodes well for the future of an event. If too many teams lose their shirts, they won’t return the following year. I agree it’s the promoter’s choice, but my advice to him would be broaden things out if he wants a large field. If he only wants a field of upper end teams, then leave it be. Lastly, please publicize the format / number of races, etc.

Comment

• I think the SCWC and the dirt million are likely going to be One-off events. I don't think they'll be back next year as it's a whole lotta dough to spend yearly. I do expect other events to come back to take their place though.

Comment

• Why only start 22 cars in the a main?Every big race and sanctioning bodies start 24.The Friday nite features are only starting 20 cars.

Comment

• Originally posted by Denny Kerner View Post
                      Why only start 22 cars in the a main?Every big race and sanctioning bodies start 24.The Friday nite features are only starting 20 cars.
                      There will end up being 25. No offense to Armstrong, Siegel, or kekich but don’t seeing them making the feature unless a small field of cars which I don’t expect.

Comment

• Am I the only one who doesn't get all warm & fuzzy at the mention of this race? If it's a really nice day I'll likely go to the Saturday race but I'm just not super excited.

Comment

• Originally posted by GTigers55 View Post
                          I think the SCWC and the dirt million are likely going to be One-off events. I don't think they'll be back next year as it's a whole lotta dough to spend yearly. I do expect other events to come back to take their place though.
                          Nothing personal, but I don’t see the track being open in another year or two.

Comment

• Originally posted by Motorhead View Post
                            Am I the only one who doesn't get all warm & fuzzy at the mention of this race? If it's a really nice day I'll likely go to the Saturday race but I'm just not super excited.
                            I’m not warm and fuzzy, and won’t be attending. I’m usually sleeping around midnight or slightly thereafter, and I don’t live down the street. But, I wish well to those who will be there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Muddy99 View Post
                              Still somewhat unclear. The big race starts 22 cars. The non qualifier race starts 22 cars. That means 44 cars earn something more than the $ 150 mentioned. That’s a lot of cars only earning only $ 150.00, ( if there were a field of 50 to 60 ), considering the cost of racing. Is the non qualifiers race the same as a traditional “ B Main “ ? Doesn’t look like it, as there is no mention of anyone transferring to the big race from the non qualifiers, and the first several positions pay good money, whereas a B Main is usually just a transfer. So, does a team run BOTH the B Main ( if there is one ), AND the non qualifiers, all for one pay ? Not complaining , but the posted pay structure is way off traditional formats. Makes me wonder if this is why the field to date is not very large.
                              Most races pay 24 people money and everyone else does not get squat

Comment

• Originally posted by Food For Thought View Post

I’m not warm and fuzzy, and won’t be attending. I’m usually sleeping around midnight or slightly thereafter, and I don’t live down the street. But, I wish well to those who will be there.
                                $100k to win and you are not going to support it? Cmon

Comment

Working...
                                X