X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• staggerman
    started a topic 2018 Mansfield Motor Speedway News/Results

2018 Mansfield Motor Speedway News/Results

It is the off season so lets give everyone something to talk about. What do you think the car count will be for the Mansfield 100k race April 27-28?

My prediction is 52.

I think the pre-registration deadline being a month before the race and cost of the entry fee will keep some teams from taking the plunge, especially the locals or lower dollar teams. If guys could see how the first month of the season goes and watch the weather more guys would possibly participate. I think it will be the case like many big dollar events where big dollars keep racers away. Don't see any payout numbers if you don't make the show so you could walk away with nothing after you figure your entry fee. To me that is the big issue with big money shows. A lot in the feature purse but nothing extra for B, C or D main. I think Eldora finally figured that out with the Kings Royal a few years ago and now they are getting solid fields and some locals giving it a try.

Lets hear some predictions.

ALL DRIVERS ARE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT A REGISTRATION PRIOR TO THE DEADLINE AND PRIOR TO RACING AT THE SCWC. "EARLY" Driver Registration Entry fee is $150 and includes 2 Day PIT PASS for the Driver. After February 1st Entry Fee will be $200 and it will NOT include driver pit pass. All Driver Registration Entries must be recieved by April 1st deadline. NO REGISTRATION ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED AFTER APRIL 1st - NO EXCEPTIONS. ALL Driver Registration Entry fees are NON-REFUNDABLE & NON-TRANSFERABLE.

• Muddy99
    replied
    Just to clarify, in my previous posts It was not my intention to wish bad luck to this new attempt at reopening a track. I’m just not a fan of this practice when we have many other tracks which need continuous support to stay afloat. And, these new ventures result in other tracks laying low on nights that these events are running. But, there are ( and rightfully should be ) opposing opinions on this subject, so everyone should make their own decisions. I’m not a fan of Findlay reopening every few years either, but at least they are on a Sunday night and don’t interfere with other track’s schedules. I was a fan of Millstream for decades. Saw my first race there in 1961. Saw Bobby Allen win a Speedweek race there after starting 24th. But that was then, and now is now. A new era with new challenges. At the end of the day, regardless of personal preferences, let’s have some solidarity and get out to your favorite tracks and events, as Spring is upon us.

Leave a comment:

• racemak
    replied
    The checkered flag from the Mansfield Million can be bought for $5000. The green flag is reasonably priced at only $2000. Hurry, supply is limited.

Leave a comment:

• ErocWolverine
    replied
    Originally posted by GTigers55 View Post

My question to you would be - have you even been to Mansfield yet? They've had fantastic crowds at most every show they held, including the monster truck race.
    I believe what the poster was getting at was will the owner actually sell the track to Cody ... does Cody want to buy it outright? A lot of questions to be answered in the next 1-2 years about Mansfield. Does Cody make enough money with these limited events to make it worth it for him? Does he plan on expanding the schedule at some point to get a regular fan-base showing up.

I always liked Mansfield as a kid growing up and was one of the trips we took far away (in my young eyes) when you drove more than 30 minutes to a track. Mansfield has always had good crowds and that is dating itself back quite along time especially with that entire area is a good size community along with other towns in the area that their fans will support the track as well as Mid-Ohio too. Look at when Mansfield had the truck races there they had some great crowds as well. In most cases it comes down to if the owner expectations are met or not and Cody hasn't been a owner yet only a promoter whether it be in the dome or at Mansfield.

Leave a comment:

• Muddy99
    replied

My question to you would be - have you even been to Mansfield yet? They've had fantastic crowds at most every show they held, including the monster truck race.
    What the attendance has been in the short history of this new venture is not an indication of what it will be going forward. I’m sticking to my prediction. They will need to reallly get it together on many fronts to make it.

Leave a comment:

• DERF
    replied
    I'll be there HOWEVER if they pull a stunt like last year it will be my last time take forever to run a show then cut a $15,000 to win feature from 30 laps to 20 laps because it's 2-2.30 in the morning the people that were willing to stick it out that long got screwed sit there all night waiting for A and then just for the A cut laps why the hell were they in a hurry than? I can assure you that the outcome would have been different with the extra 10 laps. Hopefully FAST (Farmer)wont have anything to do with running this show.

Leave a comment:

• RRacer70
    replied
    Yes good crowds.
    Now if they improve operational and race procedures and truthfully replace employees with some knowledgable employees who work as a team would be icing on the cake. They at the most need to train employees.
    I felt the flagman needed assistant as he had a lot of track to monitor.
    Seems tbey learned street stock and mini stocks were a failure as stand alones. Track too big for mini stock big race.
    Also heard the circus was a flop.

Leave a comment:

• GTigers55
    replied
    Originally posted by Food For Thought View Post

Nothing personal, but I don’t see the track being open in another year or two.

Leave a comment:

• mudinmybeer
    replied
    Tracks not going anywhere. Fans show up even with the known issues. Im more excited for the dirt million then the 100k sprints.Im going to support both shows most likely but im not a fan of huge crowds and no cooler.

Leave a comment:

• Muddy99
    replied
    Originally posted by Jay72c View Post

Most races pay 24 people money and everyone else does not get squat
    That is totally incorrect. All Sprint Car sanction bodies and Sprint Car tracks in our geography pay B main money to all cars who do not transfer to the Main. I don’t know what tracks who run lower divisions pay, but I have never been to a Sprint Car race which paid zero to any cars not in the Main , and at last count I have been to 127 tracks in 23 states.

Leave a comment:

• Jay72c
    replied
    Originally posted by Food For Thought View Post

I’m not warm and fuzzy, and won’t be attending. I’m usually sleeping around midnight or slightly thereafter, and I don’t live down the street. But, I wish well to those who will be there.
    $100k to win and you are not going to support it? Cmon

Leave a comment:

• Jay72c
    replied
    Originally posted by Muddy99 View Post
    Still somewhat unclear. The big race starts 22 cars. The non qualifier race starts 22 cars. That means 44 cars earn something more than the $ 150 mentioned. That’s a lot of cars only earning only $ 150.00, ( if there were a field of 50 to 60 ), considering the cost of racing. Is the non qualifiers race the same as a traditional “ B Main “ ? Doesn’t look like it, as there is no mention of anyone transferring to the big race from the non qualifiers, and the first several positions pay good money, whereas a B Main is usually just a transfer. So, does a team run BOTH the B Main ( if there is one ), AND the non qualifiers, all for one pay ? Not complaining , but the posted pay structure is way off traditional formats. Makes me wonder if this is why the field to date is not very large.
    Most races pay 24 people money and everyone else does not get squat

Leave a comment:

• Food For Thought
    replied
    Originally posted by Motorhead View Post
    Am I the only one who doesn't get all warm & fuzzy at the mention of this race? If it's a really nice day I'll likely go to the Saturday race but I'm just not super excited.
    I’m not warm and fuzzy, and won’t be attending. I’m usually sleeping around midnight or slightly thereafter, and I don’t live down the street. But, I wish well to those who will be there.

Leave a comment:

• Food For Thought
    replied
    I think the SCWC and the dirt million are likely going to be One-off events. I don't think they'll be back next year as it's a whole lotta dough to spend yearly. I do expect other events to come back to take their place though.
    Nothing personal, but I don’t see the track being open in another year or two.

Leave a comment:

• Motorhead
    replied
    Am I the only one who doesn't get all warm & fuzzy at the mention of this race? If it's a really nice day I'll likely go to the Saturday race but I'm just not super excited.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X