X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018 Chili Bowl News/Results

You can subscribe to MavTV for just $2.99 per month on NKT.tv

Scroll below the packages and sign up for MavTV

Can't believe nothing said here about chili bowl coming up, the racing, Larson losing motor and Bell winning 2nd straight. Was handful locals there and still nobody cared. So whose rides were Andrews, & ivy's in? Shame is if this were woo ascos or track/sanction screwed something up it be 20 posts long and running

Comment

Did not attend.
      Dont have tv to watch it PPV
      So have no input.
      Great that Ohio guys were able to travel there.
      Have not heard any one talk about it while I was out and about in Ohio.

Comment

I have to ask Jim ... why didn't you start a thread last week about this if it mattered so much to you and couldn't believe a thread wasn't started? Why wait a week or at best a few days from the finals to post?

Anyway followed along on twitter once in awhile ... just doesn't excite me that much. Watched it on my DVR the following day and thought the MavTV guys did a decent job on Saturday night, but hard to follow along and also see some of the cars with all that smoke/smog/dust. Guess the track wasn't very good all week from some on twitter.

From what I seen or heard you needed to be part of one of the many super teams at the chili bowl.

Comment

I watched the Tuesday night race. Racing was awesome, lots of passing and 3 wide action. Was cool to see Andrews win a heat race, Mccarron held his own, and Larson dominated

Comment

I followed along on social media and watched on MavTV but I just don't get super worked up over it. Glad our locals did pretty solid but it's just not that important to me. Maybe if I had been there I'd have a different opinion but if I'm travelling any distance like that to see a show I'm going to Iowa or Pennsylvania.
            2018 Race Counter: 17
            Atomic (1), Attica (5), Mansfield (3), Wayne Co. (1), Fremont (2), Montpelier (1), Eldora (1), Waynesfield (1), Kokomo (1), Limaland (1)

Comment

yeah cuz they 300 plus drivers from all forms of dirt racing there

Comment

Originally posted by MFW View Post
                yeah cuz they 300 plus drivers from all forms of dirt racing there
                I'm sorry I'd rather see the Knoxville Nationals or go to PA for a vacation/racing trip. I don't like traveling great distances all that much and am not spending the kind of money a ticket/hotel/flight or gas/etc costs it'd take to go there. I'd rather stay around here and watch a regular show. If I ever travel a significant distance for a race those are the two areas on my bucket list. I'm all for chili bowl, I know there are people who enjoy it and I enjoy it too just not to the extent that I want to go to Tulsa in person.
                2018 Race Counter: 17
                Atomic (1), Attica (5), Mansfield (3), Wayne Co. (1), Fremont (2), Montpelier (1), Eldora (1), Waynesfield (1), Kokomo (1), Limaland (1)

Comment

Agree with expense of going is a big deterrent for me plus I dont want to travel that far anymore.
                  Paying for 3 kids in college and caring for elderly parents pretty much limits my family outings currently plus work schedule has gotten tougher.
                  These days like to stay about 3 hours out from home in traveling. So Ohio tracks, some western PA and WV are my limits.
                  Used to go 3 nights a week, now just 1 or 2 weekly. Mostly just 1. Taking 6 people adds up these days but try to support the close big shows so the tracks keep having them.
                  Never had much interest back then going to Chili Bowl when I had the time and money.

Comment

I watched the shoot out part 1 last night and again was very good racing. Micro not my thing but racing and passing was exceptional. Last year guy came from 24-win and this year 25th to 7th and went to tail once midway.

Comment

Working...
                    X