2018 Deerfield Speedway News/Results

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018 Deerfield Speedway News/Results

Deerfield is going to an American Racer only tire rule at their track for the 2018 season. Including allowing compacts to run American Racer racing tires instead of a street tire. Firstly, I get why tracks/sanctions etc get a deal with a tire brand to go Hoosier's only or AR only. I'm from the camp that wishes it could be open rules and let em run whatever tire they want personally but I'm not upset with tracks doing that. What does concern me though, I'm not sure how he's gonna get a whole lot of Non Wing sprint drivers to come as the BOSS allows AR but I don't believe anywhere else in the OH/Western PA region runs that tire. I'm thinking that class is gonna end up flopping because I don't see an awful lot of drivers in a region that is mostly dominated by Winged Sprints dropping off the wings and buying a set of tires to run I believe it was 11 Sprint events at one track and then potentially the BOSS races. I don't know how much that will impact their regular divisions of Jr sportsman, Jr sprints, 600 micros, 270 micros, modlites, dwarfs, and compacts. I'd say the biggest impact will be felt with the Compacts having racing tires and the Non wing class for reasons above.
    2018 Race Counter: 17
    Atomic (1), Attica (5), Mansfield (3), Wayne Co. (1), Fremont (2), Montpelier (1), Eldora (1), Waynesfield (1), Kokomo (1), Limaland (1)

oh were all screwed. Deerfield has been a hoosier only track for at least a decade. I don't even own 1 ar tire and have four 270 cars. I buy used tires at the end of year flea markets and the closet track that runs ar are in central pa.

Comment

Originally posted by GTigers55 View Post
      Deerfield is going to an American Racer only tire rule at their track for the 2018 season. Including allowing compacts to run American Racer racing tires instead of a street tire. Firstly, I get why tracks/sanctions etc get a deal with a tire brand to go Hoosier's only or AR only. I'm from the camp that wishes it could be open rules and let em run whatever tire they want personally but I'm not upset with tracks doing that.
      One reason for having tire rules ...

Back when Goodyear and Hoosier were going at it and spending a lot of money on sprint car tires they were getting softer and softer tires all the time and drivers/teams spending more money on tires if they think they can get a advantage by one different tire. It wasn't as bad as when Hoosier tires went to NASCAR and competed with Goodyear where they was getting so soft that during races they had to put early because tires were worn out or ready to blow.

I always like competition and honestly wish tire companies could be monitored similar to the chassis, weight rule, other parts, etc.... so you could have choices, but never seems to happen and always looking for a advantage. If each tire company only made two different tires a soft tire and a hard tire which were the same "hardness" and just see who makes the best tire than it would make it better for sprint car racing (IMO), but we know if a company can get an advantage over another one it will take it in a heartbeat and the drivers/teams will pay money to try and get an advantage as well especially if they think they have it over another competitor.

Comment

Working...
      X