No announcement yet.

2018 Fremont Speedway News/Results

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A personal attack was not my intention, so let's try a little humor. Nobody goes to Fremont anymore. It's too crowded. Gotta give credit to the great Yogi Berra for that quote.

Comment

I actually heard some one say that.....
      They decided they are going to do ppv instead of fighting a crowd at some events...

Comment

Originally posted by RRacer70 View Post
        I actually heard some one say that.....
        They decided they are going to do ppv instead of fighting a crowd at some events...
        Nothing will ever beat going to the races in person though. I remember towards the end of 2016 I was gonna go see the four crown with a buddy from college but on Friday he backed out. Talked to my dad about him driving over to Eldora and he didn't want to drive that far without staying the night (2 hr 15 from back home). So he told me just to come home that weekend and we'd buy the PPV. When I got back that Friday I realized that Wayne County had the Dirt Blowout with OVSCA, Late Models, Stocks, and Compacts. I told my dad we should just go to that instead of watching a PPV. I guarantee you I had much more fun that night at WCS than I would've watching the race on TV.

Got to see a lot of different drivers with the OVSCA guys coming up (Dickson, Skaggs, Fink, etc.) and a few guys from western PA had came over that I hadn't got to see before. I have some awesome memories from that race. One was two western PA drivers Wagner and McEwan racing down the backstretch and Wagner pinching McEwan to where he caught air off of the wall on backstretch and got the car stuck in the catch fence. Then McEwan going over and giving Wagner a few words on the frontstretch. Then later on in the event Shawn hubler and Jason Dolick were racing side by side in 3 and 4 and Dolick spun after touching tires. The flagman in turns 3-4 ruled that Hubler was overdriving and would be credited with the caution and was sent to the back. Hubler slid in front of the flagstand and parked it in front preventing the race from restarting and went over to call out the guy in turns 3-4. Was one of my favorite races I've been too and something you would not get to experience on PPV.
        2018 Race Counter: 18
        Atomic (1), Attica (5), Mansfield (3), Wayne Co. (2), Fremont (2), Montpelier (1), Eldora (1), Waynesfield (1), Kokomo (1), Limaland (1)

Comment

The turn 4 fence had just recently been enlarged. You don't see a car stuck so high on a catch fence very often. One advantage of PPV is the ability to replay stuff like that. As I recall the incident occurred in the first heat race of the event. Chuck Griffith, who has 50 years of racing stories to tell, did his best to fill the down time. A friend's son rode my bike to Subway and was back with sandwiches before racing resumed. He might have exceeded the speed limit on US 30.

Comment

Originally posted by racemak View Post
            The turn 4 fence had just recently been enlarged. You don't see a car stuck so high on a catch fence very often. One advantage of PPV is the ability to replay stuff like that. As I recall the incident occurred in the first heat race of the event. Chuck Griffith, who has 50 years of racing stories to tell, did his best to fill the down time. A friend's son rode my bike to Subway and was back with sandwiches before racing resumed. He might have exceeded the speed limit on US 30.
            I happened to be watching the battle between those two when that happened. That was a long break for sure but was crazy to see that. Glad the fence was that high or that could've been a lot worse.
            Atomic (1), Attica (5), Mansfield (3), Wayne Co. (2), Fremont (2), Montpelier (1), Eldora (1), Waynesfield (1), Kokomo (1), Limaland (1)

Comment

I remember that night. They were having trick or treat for the kids so during the time that the fence was being repaired they opened the pits for everyone. My daughter and I had a blast talking to drivers and trick or treating. If I'm remembering correctly the late model feature was a good one too as Robbie Scott from Shinnston, WV put on a good show battling Ryan Markham and JR Gentry.

Comment

Fremont puts on some great races and the FAST talent in the 410s and 305s is great. Support the FAST series and support Fremont this year. Farmer doesn't see eye to eye with some other outfits but IMO is still very positive for overall sprint car racing.

Comment

The thing I like most about Fremont Speedway is that it is so different from Attica. Same sprint cars, same announcer, but a very different track. Hell yes I'm supporting Fremont Speedway in 2018. Who needs the "other outfits"? There's great sprint car racing every week at Fremont.

Comment

A lot depends on where I'm living this upcoming summer once I graduate. Dependent on if I get the Job in BG or Mansfield or accept one I've been offered back home in Galion will depend a lot on where I'm racing.

Comment

Personally I hate to see Race Schedules below the 22 race mark per year, like your starting to see a lot these days. When you only schedule 15-18 races and mother nature does her thing your left with seasons that can come down to less than 12 total events. From a business perspective and considering what teams have to spend on any race vehicle and the expenses tracks have to deal with, I would think any track would want to generate more business with more dates creating some kind of buffer against the weather and offer more dates for their loyal fans and teams? Not everyone can afford to travel, that goes for fans too. Working with other tracks on scheduling is great, but don't start eliminating dates? JMO not that it ever matters.
                      2018 Race Counter - Total- 24 + (Rainouts-11) Atomic-2, Attica-5, Eldora-8, Fremont-1, Limaland-2, Mansfield- 2, Waynesfield-3, Wayne County-1

Comment

Originally posted by Racechasser View Post
                        Personally I hate to see Race Schedules below the 22 race mark per year, like your starting to see a lot these days. When you only schedule 15-18 races and mother nature does her thing your left with seasons that can come down to less than 12 total events. From a business perspective and considering what teams have to spend on any race vehicle and the expenses tracks have to deal with, I would think any track would want to generate more business with more dates creating some kind of buffer against the weather and offer more dates for their loyal fans and teams? Not everyone can afford to travel, that goes for fans too. Working with other tracks on scheduling is great, but don't start eliminating dates? JMO not that it ever matters.
                        I'd say it's hard to honestly get 22 weekends in with Ohio (especially northern ohio weather) anyways. And with most tracks pretty much having to take two weekends off a year because of local fairs, then add in another 2-4 events where if you tried to compete with a major event you'd have zero cars. Seems like that 19-22 range is pretty much the steady dose.

Total # of races per track (Provided schedule has been released)
                        Atomic - 40.................... 5 multi race weekends
                        Deerfield - 30................ 6 multi race weekends
                        Wayne County - 24....... 1 multi race weekend
                        Eldora - 24.................... 6 multi race weekends
                        Hilltop - 23..................... 1 multi race weekend
                        Attica - 22....................... 2 multi race weekends
                        Sharon - 22.................. 1 multi race weekend
                        Jackson Co. - 22........... 0 multi race weekends
                        Waynesfield - 20........... 0 multi race weekends
                        Fremont - 19................. 1 multi race weekend
                        Moler - 19...................... 0 multi race weekends
                        Raceway 7 - 19............0 multi race weekends
                        Limaland - 16.............. 0 multi race weekends
                        Brushcreek - 14.......... 1 multi race weekend
                        Mansfield - 11.............. 4 multi race weekends
                        Midway - 6..................... 0 multi race weekends
                        Millstream - 5............... 0 multi race weekends
                        Muskingum Co. - 5..... 0 multi race weekends

Comment

Originally posted by GTigers55 View Post
                          I'd say it's hard to honestly get 22 weekends in with Ohio (especially northern ohio weather) anyways. And with most tracks pretty much having to take two weekends off a year because of local fairs, then add in another 2-4 events where if you tried to compete with a major event you'd have zero cars. Seems like that 19-22 range is pretty much the steady dose.
                          How come PA seems to be able to get away with 35 race events/schedules (Lincoln 35, Williams Grove 35 plus, Port Royal 35 plus events) ... a lot of their teams get around 75-95 races a year as well.

Also I never understood taking time off because of fairs ... Attica use to have some of their biggest crowds during those fair night races.

I believe Ohio mainly starts to late with some tracks and ends way to early as well.

Also don't like when some Ohio tracks that are suppose to be 410 weekly shows doesn't have a 410 event just for the sake of not having them. I understand not having them in which other bigger events happen, but seems weird not to have them when nothing is going on. As RaceChaser stated weather claims a lot of these dates so why not have more of them?

Comment

Attica and Fremont try not to schedule 410 events against big 410 races like the Kings Royal and the Knoxville Nationals. High school football is big in Ohio, so tracks are reluctant to schedule against it. Both ARP and Fremont are dark on the last weekend in April. Most likely I'll be at Lima and Oakshade. If Schatz is at Mansfield, that plan could change. With the WoO off that weekend, Schatz may race his late model. I gotta see THAT someday.

Comment

Originally posted by racemak View Post
                              Attica and Fremont try not to schedule 410 events against big 410 races like the Kings Royal and the Knoxville Nationals. High school football is big in Ohio, so tracks are reluctant to schedule against it. Both ARP and Fremont are dark on the last weekend in April. Most likely I'll be at Lima and Oakshade. If Schatz is at Mansfield, that plan could change. With the WoO off that weekend, Schatz may race his late model. I gotta see THAT someday.
                              You don't think local high school football is big in PA?

I understand the situation since I live 15 minutes or less from Attica and went to Seneca East "back in the day" when the track was created and the reason why they finish as early as they do. I also understand why they go dark on certain weekends and actually think it is great they do it for those bigger events and wish more tracks would do it as well for those events.

Again I understand the schedule, but doesn't mean they couldn't add more race events or weekends.

Comment

Weve got plenty of tracks in Ohio. Depending on what class you race you have more weekends to race. you can race from March til November in a late model nearly weekly.

Comment

Working...
                                X