2015 Attica Raceway Park News/Results

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2015 Attica Raceway Park News/Results

ATTICA, Ohio – To celebrate the 10th year of the current ownership of Attica Raceway Park and to reward the dedicated race teams who entertain throughout the summer, ARP Promoter John Bores is going to pay out some big bucks in 2015. The point fund will be $63,000 to be divided up among the four weekly divisions at Attica Raceway Park.

“We wanted to do something special for our 10th season at Attica to show our appreciation to our race teams and fans that support us each week,” said Bores, who has been responsible for many, many improvements at “Ohio’s Finest Racing” venue over the past 10 years.

The O’Reilly Auto Parts 410 Sprints will battle for a $30,000 point fund with the champion getting $10,000.

The Summit Racing Equipment UMP Late Models’ point fund will be $20,000 with the champion taking home $7,500.

The Foster Auto Body 305 Sprints will be battling for $10,000 with the champion earning $3,000.

The Fremont Fence Dirt Trucks’ points fund will be $3,000 with the champion getting $600.

The complete point fund is on the track’s website at www.atticaracewaypark.com Contingency sponsors will be announced at a later date.

Also, Attica Raceway Park will stay on Friday nights in August after coming back from the Attica Fair on Friday, August 21 and Friday, August 28.

“This will help the race teams that are committed to other tracks and point races that normally race on Saturday nights,” said Operations Manager Rex LeJeune.

The 2015 racing season kicks off Friday, March 27 with a rain date set for Saturday, March 28. The complete 2015 schedule will be released soon. For more information go to www.atticaracewaypark.com.

sweet deal for all the divisions involved

Comment

With this, plus the FAST Series, plus whatever Fremont does, I don't see local cars leaving this area to travel.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay72c View Post
        With this, plus the FAST Series, plus whatever Fremont does, I don't see local cars leaving this area to travel.
        Well some have made their decision already, but yea they could change their mind again especially after seeing both touring series in the area schedule.

Agree think having a bigger payout and to win for all divisions especially the sprint cars helps retain and possible add some more competition to the regular racing at Attica. Now they are getting closer to some of the other local hotbed of sprint car racing with tracks around the country such as Knoxville, Williams Grove, etc... Not as much as those tracks, but a lot better so good job Attica!

Comment

It don't make sense to travel with this kind of money right here.

Comment

Plus all you can do is assume Fremont will do something in the ball park to match this.

Comment

I believe Fremont paid out $5K last year to it's 410 champion so there could be $25K up for grabs if someone can finally pull off a clean sweep.

Kind of surprised it hasn't happened since FAST started. A handful have won 2 out of 3.
              2018 Race Counter: 7
              Eldora (5), Attica (2)

Comment

What was the 2014 point funds for Attica and Fremont?

Comment

Just saw 2015 Fremont Purse

Comment

i think Atticas points payout for 2014 was same as the top ten on a regular night. I think this deal might entice some of the guys and maybe bring in a few more guys from wayne county

Comment

Remember when I said to mark my words a few weeks ago about following the Central PA (or Knoxville) model. You want to keep the drivers local, then pay them to stay local. This is great news from Attica. It may be for just one season, but this is going to keep things interesting at the local level, that's for sure. Glad they are stepping it up in all 4 divisions.

Thanks to John, Rex, and the Attica crew for some great weekly racing!
                      ~~ Connect with me on LinkedIn ~~
                      http://www.linkedin.com/in/bryanautullo

Comment

305's paid $1000 to win the points last year at Attica

Comment

Originally posted by aannhh11 View Post
                          Just saw 2015 Fremont Purse
                          I'm not sure where you got that from, but my understanding is the 2015 Fremont Speedway purse structure and point fund payout has not been finalized yet. I believe the point fund payout was more than the weekly purse last year and surely will be again this year. What you posted is not the final purse structure for 2015 based on what I know.
                          ~~ Connect with me on LinkedIn ~~
                          http://www.linkedin.com/in/bryanautullo

Comment

Fremonts 305 points paid the same as a A-main last year

Comment

Originally posted by swamp View Post

I'm not sure where you got that from, but my understanding is the 2015 Fremont Speedway purse structure and point fund payout has not been finalized yet. I believe the point fund payout was more than the weekly purse last year and surely will be again this year. What you posted is not the final purse structure for 2015 based on what I know.

It is posted on their website

Comment

Working...
                              X