2015 Eldora Speedway News/Results

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2015 Eldora Speedway News/Results

I Have Seen On Jac Haudenschilds Facebook Page That We The Racing Community Have Lost An Icon And A Legend. May You R.I.P. Mr. Earl Baltes You Will Forever Remain In Our Hearts. GodSpeed
    Last edited by Racechasser; March 23rd, 2015, 08:24 AM.
    2018 Race Counter - Total- 24 + (Rainouts-11) Atomic-2, Attica-5, Eldora-8, Fremont-1, Limaland-2, Mansfield- 2, Waynesfield-3, Wayne County-1

Disclaimer, this event happened before I was a fan of sprint car racing back in the 90s (didn't really discover sprint car racing until my college years) but I did not know some of the more experienced fans would be able to tell me why this event is not around anymore? Watched some videos online and from what I heard it was $100 to the winner and a week before the Knoxville Nationals. Saw the format was a little bit like the Kings Royal. Do you think that this might be an event that Tony could bring back with the All Stars at Eldora?

Comment

NOPE.

Comment

The problem with that event is like you said right before Knoxville and shortly after the Kings Royal so didn't have the fan support for it as much as other big events. Always liked that weekend because I would go down Thursday to the the all-stars, Friday for WoO, and the Saturday for the big one.

Comment

The original idea was to have USAC Wed., All Stars Thurs., WoO Fri., then the unsanctioned HBO on Sat. After the novelty of the $100k to win wore off, the lack of payback through the field (huge dropoff after the winner share) led some teams, even WoO teams (especially Lasoski), to head for Knoxville's last weekly show before the Nationals.

Comment

The event was really Earl's way of doing things bigger and bigger. While early on it was just a popular, like Jake Eroc pointed out it lost it's luster quickly for a variety of reasons.

Comment

The crowd size was like the size in the spring. You would think a payout of 100k would bring in the fans, but it just didn't. One month after the royal and a week before knoxville. Tough deal

Comment

Surely didn't help it was against the Brickyard 400 weekend either.. IMO that's was the reason why it didn't succeed. As NASCAR boomed late 90's, it was a harder sell..
                2018 Races: Tulsa Chili Bowl-5, Attica-4, Waynesfield-6, Eldora-2, Mansfield-1, Lawrenceburg-1

Comment

Blitzman has a good insight here. I attended the inaugural Big One in '93 and the inaugural Brickyard in '94. I never attended either race again. Both races are really the kind you only need to see once. Earl learned something from the Big One though. The Eldora Million was run only once.

Comment

Originally posted by racemak View Post
                    Blitzman has a good insight here. I attended the inaugural Big One in '93 and the inaugural Brickyard in '94. I never attended either race again. Both races are really the kind you only need to see once. Earl learned something from the Big One though. The Eldora Million was run only once.
                    I believe if Eldora/Tony would have a race early on that would help such as in May for a bigger winged sprint car race like they have scheduled now for the May 8th/9th WoO/USAC race. Obviously would have to work something out to make sure that the WoO drivers/teams can be there to bring the fans in as well. Also an early show might help bring some other drivers/teams from outside the area in as well if planned right along with good weather.

Similar to how the late models have two big races at Eldora with "The Dream" in June and the "World 100" in September are put on where they are separated from each other and other bigger late model events or in some cases any big event at Eldora.

Really would like to see the King's Royal purse and also the "to win" prize move up. Hard to believe all these others tracks can start putting up 30,40,50,000 and the King's Royal hasn't budged at all from the 1st race of $50,000 to win and this will be their 32nd King's royal and I have only missed 2 especially if you have seen all the booze and people at this event the past couple of years. Friday night's crowd is huge anymore and they are making a lot of money off of a "regular show" on Friday night. There hasn't been much room left on the hills or close to the fence for the King's Royal lately.
                    Last edited by ErocWolverine; February 15th, 2015, 08:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ErocWolverine View Post

I believe if Eldora/Tony would have a race early on that would help such as in May for a bigger winged sprint car race like they have scheduled now for the May 8th/9th WoO/USAC race. Obviously would have to work something out to make sure that the WoO drivers/teams can be there to bring the fans in as well. Also an early show might help bring some other drivers/teams from outside the area in as well if planned right along with good weather.

Similar to how the late models have two big races at Eldora with "The Dream" in June and the "World 100" in September are put on where they are separated from each other and other bigger late model events or in some cases any big event at Eldora.

Really would like to see the King's Royal purse and also the "to win" prize move up. Hard to believe all these others tracks can start putting up 30,40,50,000 and the King's Royal hasn't budged at all from the 1st race of $50,000 to win and this will be their 32nd King's royal and I have only missed 2 especially if you have seen all the booze and people at this event the past couple of years. Friday night's crowd is huge anymore and they are making a lot of money off of a "regular show" on Friday night. There hasn't been much room left on the hills or close to the fence for the King's Royal lately.
                      I've been going for the past 8 years and I think some of the money is going to improving the facility and track. Which has been great but I would like to see a larger winners prize for the Kings Royal. I could see a $75,000 to win with 1,000 to start working for all parties.

Comment

Originally posted by aannhh11 View Post

I've been going for the past 8 years and I think some of the money is going to improving the facility and track. Which has been great but I would like to see a larger winners prize for the Kings Royal. I could see a $75,000 to win with 1,000 to start working for all parties.
                        Well all the money from facility upgrades shouldn't solely come from the sprint car purse (IMO) especially when you see a 100,000 to win late model race, along with a World 100 that keeps climbing every single year which started out at 3,000 and is now at 47,000 I believe while the King's Royal started out and maintains at 50,000.

Actually I think the King's Royal to start has been 1,500 for quite along time now for starting the A-Main. I personally would like to see it around 2,000-2,500 to start it and maybe we would see a lot more drivers/teams venture to Eldora for that weekend along with the Doty race. Eldora is hard on cars,engines, drivers, and teams so the big money races need to make it worth it for teams to travel that far (IMO) when you see the purse structure.

Agree with you on getting the "to win" prize money up there along with giving more to the top 5 guys. Big jump from the top to 2nd place (which I believe was 12,000).
                        Last edited by ErocWolverine; February 15th, 2015, 10:47 AM.

Comment

Why ya think earl has so much money? World used to get 200+ cars. Do the math on pit gate money alone @ 4 people per car. Very few if any events lose money at Eldora. The track & special races hold something more valuable than money to drivers and teams, the prestige of winning them. That alone will keep purse from growing. People and teams support so why as owner would you raise? Your making boat loads of cash the way it is

Comment

Originally posted by Jim11h View Post
                            Why ya think earl has so much money? World used to get 200+ cars. Do the math on pit gate money alone @ 4 people per car. Very few if any events lose money at Eldora. The track & special races hold something more valuable than money to drivers and teams, the prestige of winning them. That alone will keep purse from growing. People and teams support so why as owner would you raise? Your making boat loads of cash the way it is
                            Don't forget the "one more hot dog" deal as well...lol.

Comment

I don't you will ever see another HBO. I would like to see another big all star race at the Big E in mid to late August. I always hate leaving the Kings Royal in the middle of July and knowing that I will not be back for my next sprint car race there until September 25. There needs to be another sprint car race at Eldora in between those two dates. Anyone else agree?

Comment

Working...
                              X