X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All Star PULLS Speedweek Race and Renegades gains 2 Races at WCS

Wayne County Speedway

NAPA Auto Parts Wayne County Speedway announce Sprint Specials for 2015
    (Orrville, Ohio) Final touches are being added to the 2015 schedule but NAPA Auto Parts Wayne County Speedway officials are prepared to announce 3 big sprint specials.

In the current climate of sanctioned sprint racing NAPA Auto Parts WCS officials wanted to remain neutral and give both UNOH ALL Star Circuit of Champions and the newly formed Renegade Sprint Series a chance to run at WCS. That opportunity has been taken from us from one sanction body and we have now scheduled 2 additional Renegade races.

NAPA Auto Parts WCS officials are happy to announce that Saturday May 30th the Renegades make their first appearance at WCS. June 22nd which is our annual sprint speedweek date we are racing without a sanction. WCS speedway officials believe due to the long standing history of that date and our fans we will still put on an unsactioned event for our annual sprint speedweek date. The Renegades return for a big July 4th weekend at the 3/8 mile speedplant that was previously announced. Then the Renegades make the final appearance for 2015 Saturday September 6th Labor Day weekend.

“We are really excited to bring in the Renegades to NAPA Auto Parts Wayne County Speedway. Those guys have ran well here over the years and it will be great seeing them collectively together put on a great show for our fans” stated Promoter Jason Flory. “We really wanted to have both sanction bodies race with us but that just wasn’t possible. We are prepared to do what is best for NAPA Auto Parts Wayne County Speedway and our fans. And we decide who races here and who doesn’t” Flory said.

For additional information contact Jason or Kristen Flory at 330-465-2365 or email at kristinu2@<a href="http://l.facebook...>yahoo.com</a>. For news updates and schedule visit Wayne County Speedway is located nine miles east of Wooster on 15 miles west of Massillon on U.S. Route 30 then one mile north on Carr Road.

...and this officially just got out of hand.
    ~~ Connect with me on LinkedIn ~~
    http://www.linkedin.com/in/bryanautullo

Comment

So Swamp, in your opinion, from this announcement who is responsible for getting things out of hand, as you put it?

Comment

Well Guy Webb shows his true colors pulling speedweek date from a track that wasn't gonna choose sides but run both series. I will no longer attend any All Star races.

Comment

I don't think that Guy pulled a date. Would seem that Wayne County made a choice as to what brand he wanted to sell his customers. Do Ford dealers sell new Chevys? Does Pepsi machines carry Coke in them? Does Budweiser sell Coors. At the end of the day they felt it was a better product for his customers and that is what they have CHOOSE to offer them. So just like the above mention items if you like a Coke find a machine with it if you like a Chevy go to that dealer if you want to drink a Coors then do it. If you like the Renegades go to a track that offers them if you like the All Stars go the track that offers them. Lets all just hope that they being both series don't attempt to go head to head and compete on every night and let the product sell for its self.

Comment

Because I care, that's a stupid comparison. I wondered why Fremont wasn't on the world of outlaws schedule, maybe cause they aren't allowed to? Oh by the way ford dealships sell Chevy's and vice versa, and the last time I was at the bar they offered many brands of beer, you might wanna delete that post cause that just doesn't make sense.

Comment

Originally posted by racerx View Post
              So Swamp, in your opinion, from this announcement who is responsible for getting things out of hand, as you put it?
              WCS I'd say since they committed to running the All Stars, then back pedaled and booked the Renegades, too. That triggered the loss of their Speedweek date. Guess they forgot who owns the Speedweek dates. This whole thing is stupid. Not saying I agree with it. Just stating the facts as to why this happened.

Comment

Wayne County is one of the original Speedweek tracks. What a slap in the face to pull the show from a promoter that has done a great job bringing that place back to life.

Comment

Wayne County was trying to offer a variety of shows for next year. They wanted to do what was best for the fans, which they felt was to have both series compete at their track. They weren't choosing sides, but rather trying to give their fans what they wanted. They were doing what was best for their race track. And the track did not pull the dates, the All Stars did. The Renegades had no issue with Wayne County having both series compete at their track. I for one would like to say thank you to Jason and Kristin and everything they have done at Wayne County. Each year gets better and better, improvements to the track, improvements to the race format, improvements to the operations. Without them this track would be nothing but farmland now. So again I say THANK YOU!! to Jason and Kristin. They tried to do what was best for their fans and their race track and now they get punished for it by having the All Stars strip their dates away.

Comment

Originally posted by swamp View Post
                    WCS I'd say since they committed to running the All Stars, then back pedaled and booked the Renegades, too. That triggered the loss of their Speedweek date. Guess they forgot who owns the Speedweek dates. This whole thing is stupid. Not saying I agree with it. Just stating the facts as to why this happened.
                    I feel your wrong!!! I never seen anywhere that WCS was not going to honor their All Stars dates after announcing that they would have a Renegade show also. I feel they tried to stay impartial and allow the fans to decide. My opinion and I state " My Opinion" is that the All Stars tried to strong arm WCS and they told Webb where he could stick it as they should have. Jerry McClure.

Comment

I'm just an outside oobserver but I love the Budweiser vs. Coors analogy. Not many bars would be in business long only offering a single brand of beer. Thank you Swamp for sharing your opinion but I would have to disagree. I believe Mr. Webb just took the fued to the next level.

Comment

You both disagree because you missed the point. Did WCS not agree early on that they would not book Renegade shows when the tracks stood up and made a commitment to run All Star events only? Then they changed their mind in what they feel was their own best interest. That change had consequences - which was losing their Speedweek show. Correct me if I'm wrong since I didn't go digging for that press release from a few months ago. Again - I'm just pointing out what set this off. I'm not agreeing with any of it or supporting it!

Wait...here it is for your reference:
                        http://racechaseronline.com/2014/08/...-star-sprints/

Comment

Ok point taken. Just looks like a poor business decision on Mr. Webb's part to me. Assuming the contract between WCS and the ASCOC stated WCS wouldn't run any competing series you are correct in saying WCS broke the contract. I am doubtful however the contract states that as many of the tracks which host ASCOC races also host other series. In reference to the link you provided, that was not a release from WCS so who knows why they are listed the, similar to the Frankie Kerr story that didn't come straight from Frankie.

Comment

That release is not from WCS. Last year, Guy Webb had no problems when WCS had booked 2 OVSCA races at the track. Now, just because of the pissing match between the 2 sanctions, he is gonna cry and take his toys home!

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X