How can anyone defend this guy?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can anyone defend this guy?

Webb"s latest comments in an interview with Larry Sammons from Area Auto Racing News. "You cannot sell a series with B and C level talent,: said Webb of the Renegades. If you look at Tim Schaefer, Chad Kemenah,, Danny Smith and Greg Wilson they are all 45 - 50 years old that are trying to hang on. There is a certain time that it is over and they have to move on in their career. They are just trying to prolong it." Enough said and that my friends is why we have a Renegade series now!

see previous post, truth to statement right or wrong.....whats any oif them drivers done in last year? washed up nah, but better days behind them probably and maybe.....besides wilson was over-rated

Comment

Jim people have been real nice to you on your comments, but now is the time to tell you, "u are so full of crap". Webb is a real jerk, he thinks that owners and drivers should kiss his butt because they have no other place to go. The true colors of Webb have shown up.

Comment

I have to ask Jim how he thinks Wilson is over-rated? He has always been on a shoe string budget, has one crew member, drives the truck to and from races, and does it all with his family in tow. Yet still runs up front ,doesn't tear gear up and is liked by his fellow racers and more importantly always thanks the fans and always there to talk to them or what not. Yep seems real over-rated.

Comment

Over-rated..... locally good not stellar. Regionally, not feared like Danny Smith or Jack Hewitt. Sure seems equipment good when travel with WoO out west in winter, pull down road with immaculate hauler semi! Drive for a" car owner". I'll be honest, spoke with once and seemed nice but.... the local crowd makes more to do than is. He's good but he ain't beating the old school ASCoC of 90's or before. Not like he's cruising the country with 1 car 2 motors pickup and 24ft trailer!!!

Comment

Jim not every team has the money Tony and Kasey put out with the outlaws. Do u even have a clue how much money it takes to run a car, I think not. I know " I would rather owe it to you then cheat you out of it". Ask the teams over in Pa about money owed. How far does IOUs and post dated checks go to pay bills.

Comment

I believe Wilson was a 2 time all star champ as well, I would not call that overrated.

Comment

Wow...I'm shocked at some of these comments on here lately. Greg Wilson is one of the nicest, most honest, hard working guys in dirt track racing. He has had a lot of success over the years and no longer drivers for a "car owner" other than himself. Verl Warnimont got out of the racing biz a few years ago and Greg took over the operation on his own with help from sponsors who like that big shiny rig going up and down the highway as much as possible. He has won a lot of races, several of them notably big races, and is one of the most appreciative of his fans that you will meet. The "over rated" comment is total BS...never heard Wilson say that he was the greatest driver ever to strap in. He's better than most and he's out there busting his ass for YOUR entertainment! Try to appreciate it. That goes for ALL of the "Greg Wilsons" in this business!! Some of you people have no clue and just like to stir the pot.
                ~~ Connect with me on LinkedIn ~~
                http://www.linkedin.com/in/bryanautullo

Comment

Greg Wilsons team got rid of the 18 wheeler last year and switched to more of a toterome set-up to accommodate his family on the road as he eased into more of a car owner type role.

Comment

I'm not a huge Wilson fan but over rated he is not. He is a two time All Star champ as stated above. He also won the Brad Doty classic at Attica when it paid like $18,000. Winner of several All Star events and at many different tracks including Attica, Fremont, Eldora, Limaland, and even Florence.

Comment

OFFER MADE 12/31/2014STRONG RUMOR - (12-31-14 @ 8:40 am CST) -*In light of the remarks made by current All-Star Circuit of Champions owner, Guy Webb, I'm hearing that there is a serious offer on the table to buy the series.Article Credit:*Brad "IBRACN" Brown

Comment

I have heard Brad McCown from atomic speedway has made an offer

Comment

I love how people always compare having a big truck and trailer to a high budget race team. Have any of you priced a tractor trailer vs a pickup and pull behind? The price difference is not much at all, while the benefits are huge. Plus the truck and trailer is one of the only parts of any race team that carries equity.

Comment

Working...
                          X