• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Response from Guy Webb re: AARN article

Reposted from the ASCOC Facebook page:

All Star Circuit of Champions

AARN Clarification:
    I would like to address a few points from an article published by Lenny Sammons in the Area Auto Racing News on Tuesday, December 16, 2014 that I feel are inaccurate and misrepresent this great racing organization.

In Lenny’s weekly “Focus On Speed” article, what was supposed to be an announcement of our 2015 schedule of events, ended up a bit off point and I would like to clarify two quotes that didn't convey the message accurately.

I would first like to address the quote – “You cannot sell a series with B and C-level talent”. In conversation, I meant to convey that I don’t believe a series should be luring additional drivers and teams that do not have the experience, resources and equipment to race at unfamiliar facilities. To clarify, the “B and C-level” comment was not directed at any specific driver or team.

I would also like to address an inaccurate and misquoted comment about drivers Tim, Shaffer, Chad Kemenah, Danny Smith and Greg Wilson.
    These talented drivers have all had tremendous racing careers and have found much success throughout the years. Much of that success has been in All Star competition, hence why we receive so many comments and questions regarding these drivers and their future plans. It is true that the goals of a driver change throughout their career and they tend to race on a schedule that is more convenient based on circumstance, family and personal reasons, rather than commit to a grueling 45-50 race All Star Tour.

The drivers listed above have a combined 10 All Star Championships and have provided countless exciting events throughout their careers. We continue to welcome them at All Star events and know that the fans as well as this organization have great admiration for them.

We are excited about the 2015 All Star season and the great relationship our organization has with tracks, fans and race teams.

Best Regards,
    Guy R. Webb – President
    All Star Championship Racing, Inc.
    ~~ Connect with me on LinkedIn ~~
    http://www.linkedin.com/in/bryanautullo

Doesn't take long to back pedal does it? If you said it own up to it.

Comment

Crying wolf don't help now...

Comment

I don't think it's kosher to get into the details of my conversation with Mr. Webb when informing him that we were cancelling ASCOC involvement at our race in Jacksonville. But in his defense, after our initial 45 min conversation, he called me back shortly later and indicated that he was taken out of context in the article. So he didn't just come to this position after the uproar. He expressed it shortly after I initially conveyed my concern with the quote this morning. It's unfortunate and I'm sure he.. like others of us that have made mistakes... would like a 'do-over'. Regardless, our position didn't change after the further explanation. Our decision was based as much on 'why' it was said, as 'what' was said anyway. Best of luck to all involved in this situation... for the sake of a great sport.
        Last edited by kdobson; December 30th, 2014, 02:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kdobson View Post
          I don't think it's kosher to get into the details of my conversation with Mr. Webb when informing him that we were cancelling ASCOC involvement at our race in Jacksonville. But in his defense, after our initial 45 min conversation, he called me back shortly later and indicated that he was taken out of context in the article. So he didn't just come to this position after the uproar. He expressed it shortly after I initially conveyed my concern with the quote this morning. It's unfortunate and I'm sure he.. like others of us that have made mistakes... would like a 'do-over'. Regardless, our position didn't change after the further explanation. Our decision was based as much on 'why' it was said, as 'what' was said anyway. Best of luck to all involved in this situation... for the sake of a great sport.
          good job mr k dobson all 4 of these guys are class acts, smith has help a lot of people in a time of need. i comend you for having the ba//////s to stand up for the sport. hope to make it out your way this year

Comment

Some people say poor poor Guy Webb, those drivers just leaving him for no good reason, well I hope its more obvious there is something to it. What is craziest to me is the All Stars are extremely dependent on local talent, most would enjoy the success in racing the 4 guys guy Webb talks about.

Comment

Working...
            X