ALL STAR OR RENEGADE? Facebook

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ALL STAR OR RENEGADE? Facebook

Central PA Sprint Car News added 2 new photos.
    12 mins ·

ALL STAR OR RENEGADE?
    By Mike Baker
    January 7, 2015
    2:22pm
    That seems to be the big question entering 2015. As the All Stars led by Guy Webb seem to be falling off the path, the newly formed Renegades Sprint Series are picking up more dates. We figured to ask Williams Grove Speedway on their thoughts on the situation. They do have two dates scheduled for the All Stars.
    "We have nothing formal to say on the subject; the situation going on is between those two series." Said a unidentified Williams Grove Speedway spokesmen.
    So with that being said. Will you rather see a very nice field of cars from the Renegades or the All Stars who haven't even released a driver lineup. Renegades are already padding their schedule with several central PA tracks. All Star regular and defending champion Dale Blaney even voiced concern.
    "The ship is sinking. ‪#‎imnotgoingdownwithit‬" via Blaney's Twitter account. This quote just a night after the AARN article featuring a interview with Guy Webb.
    Rumor even has be swirling of local drivers and fans boycotting any All Star event. This puts local speedways in a tight spot as to keeping the series on schedule. Chad Kemenah Racing posted on Twitter as well.
    "Here's what we're racing 2015. All Renegade races, some WOO and 360 races. Never at any point were we or will we race with the All Stars!”
    Then this past week Attica Raceway Park picked up 5 races with the Renegades leaving a huge whole in the All Star schedule. Renegades said they can't release the complete 2015 schedule yet due to several more tracks contacting them about scheduling changes.
    If the ship is sinking do you have a life raft?

Speaking of sinking ships....RUMOR has it that Attica's May 2015 WoO race is in jeopardy of being taken from them from World of Outlaw officials. This comes from a very close source, yet still an unconfirmed rumor. As it stands, from an outside view, it appears that WoO along with several other key players have stayed true to their word/commitment to the All Star organization...is it a possibility that ARP has made a higher power angry with their reconsideration of the agreement that they previously had with the All Stars? Anxious to see how this plays out. I am sure that WoO is not happy about another traveling series being formed who is not working with them as Guy Webb clearly has done in the past. The plot continues to thicken!

Comment

Originally posted by OhioFan View Post
      Speaking of sinking ships....RUMOR has it that Attica's May 2015 WoO race is in jeopardy of being taken from them from World of Outlaw officials. This comes from a very close source, yet still an unconfirmed rumor. As it stands, from an outside view, it appears that WoO along with several other key players have stayed true to their word/commitment to the All Star organization...is it a possibility that ARP has made a higher power angry with their reconsideration of the agreement that they previously had with the All Stars? Anxious to see how this plays out. I am sure that WoO is not happy about another traveling series being formed who is not working with them as Guy Webb clearly has done in the past. The plot continues to thicken!
      Not sure I understand the part about working with each other? Not really sure it's not a good idea for the fans for any series in Ohio to work with the WoO so making these events big and good quality of cars there. When the WoO were at Attica last year and before they had some of the biggest car counts around.

Also not sure I would want to have an event such as Wayne county, millstream, or elsewhere close to Attica that would go up against a WoO race at Attica. That would just make it bad for the fans and likely a deal where both places don't make money and likely getting fans upset for making them pick and choose what event they may pick. The WoO are in Ohio only a few times a year and think we should have our best going up against them no matter if that is locals, all-stars, renegades, or outsiders.

When the WoO are in Ohio I don't believe the Renegades are racing against them anywhere so far except for when the WoO are at I-96 and the Renegades are at Wayne County which does it matter since some of those locals/all-stars at that time rarely went to I-96 anyways or not many of them.

I believe the WoO should be in Ohio more than they are right now, but not sure if that is on the WoO's or the tracks in Ohio not wanting to put up all the money to bring them in no matter if they race or not. I think a place like Attica should have 2 races a year especially all the times the WoO's go through Ohio on their way to other states. Only having 3 tracks stepping up and bringing the WoO in is a shame as well. Hard to beat them or get respect from others across the country if your not racing them besides basically Eldora where not many locals go anymore.

I know at one time that Earl had an agreement with the WoO and other tracks in Ohio either getting or not getting a date.

Comment

I believe that WoO picks and chooses who gets shows in Ohio. Just because a track is interested or wanting a date, does not necessarily mean that WoO will give them a date. My point is that WoO has a standing relationship with Webb, and "rumor" of them possibly pulling the WoO show at ARP is what Im questioning. Not trying to upset you, just, as is everyone else, stating the latest point of interest. And your comment on Earl having an agreement I bet is spot on! I am positive that these type of agreements among WoO and other "higher powers" still remain in effect. Alot of politics that go on behind that scenes that most of us arent privy to.

Comment

If somebody threatened me with the old do this or else statement I will choose the else. The mighty W.O.O. needs Attica more than Attica needs them,however they both can survive with out eachother.

Comment

Originally posted by DERF View Post
            If somebody threatened me with the old do this or else statement I will choose the else. The mighty W.O.O. needs Attica more than Attica needs them,however they both can survive with out eachother.
            This is an intersting comment to me.....considering thats the concept that alot of these issues in Ohio have been driven on. The "either your with us or against us" concept. And just going out on a limb here and making an uneducated guess, I highly doubt that WoO NEEDS Attica more than Attica needs WoO. WoO has a 90+ schedule, so I doubt they are scrapping for racetracks. Again, just my uneducated opinion on this matter.

Comment

The point is W.O.O. needs all the racetracks more than tracks need W.O.O. no tracks no W.O.O.There are a lot more tracks surviving without W.O.O. races than there are tracks running W.O.O.

Comment

Attica was successful way before the WoO raced there.

Comment

my only point is....ask any track what is their biggest money making event. Any track that runs a WoO event is going to tell you its that event! These events are essential. Didnt say Attica wasnt successful before their WoO show, but Im willing to bet it made triple or more what a regular show brings in. So, do they need them? maybe not, do they want to keep relationships with them...my guess is yes!

Comment

I bet you thought you would be watching the NO STAR series at the Attica Spring Nationals in April also,how did that work out for you?

Comment

The tide has been known to turn in Attica Ohio remember

Comment

Ohio fan your so full of crap it's funny the woo won't pull there race I'm sure the renegades won't schedule a race against that show also the world of outlaws race at Attica raceway park is for the fans it brings in the biggest names in the business it's one of the highest car count shows that's not a major show on the tour with that come higher cost for the track it Is one of the costliest shows for them from xtra staff to the big sanction fees to security and marketing then the fact that you have to pray the weather cooperates it's there riskiest show they do but mr bores along with Rex and staff make it happen for all of us

Comment

Ohio fan I think your statement about tracks that run WoO is spot on with the exception of Eldora. The World 100 is unsanctioned and is most definitely their biggest money maker.

Comment

Originally posted by Wildchild24 View Post
                            Ohio fan your so full of crap it's funny the woo won't pull there race I'm sure the renegades won't schedule a race against that show also the world of outlaws race at Attica raceway park is for the fans it brings in the biggest names in the business it's one of the highest car count shows that's not a major show on the tour with that come higher cost for the track it Is one of the costliest shows for them from xtra staff to the big sanction fees to security and marketing then the fact that you have to pray the weather cooperates it's there riskiest show they do but mr bores along with Rex and staff make it happen for all of us
                            I will take that...I MAY be full of crap, only time will tell. Dont be surprised to possibly see that WoO date at ARP go in a different direction. So far 2015 has proven that contracts, hand shakes, ones word or promises are not set in stone. Time will soon tell! This is not something I just pulled out of my ass! Dont forget...where there is smoke, there is most generally fire!

Comment

if attica bringing in the lucas oil series didnt hurt em with the world of outlaws neither will this.

Comment

Working...
                              X