Clear All

• Renegade Sprints Releases 2015 Schedule With 35+ Races in Five States

http://www.renegade410sprints.com/news/?i=26704&clk=featureNews

News

Renegade Sprints Releases 2015 Schedule With 35+ Races in Five States

• Shawn Miller on Jan 08, 2015
    • Article Date: 1/8/2015 by Inside Line Promotions

Views: 35

Inside Line Promotions – FINDLAY, Ohio (Jan. 8, 2015) – The Renegade Sprints will usher in a new era in 2015.
    The 410ci sprint car series, which was formed last summer to create value for sponsors and promoters along with offering an affordable form of high-quality entertainment for the fans, is scheduled to compete in at least 36 events at 15 race tracks in five states this season.
    “We have a few dates that we are still working on, but the majority of our schedule is complete,” Renegade Sprints President Shane Helms said. “Everyone associated with the Renegade Sprints is extremely excited with the 2015 schedule that we put together for our first full season.”
    The series will debut at Atomic Speedway in Chillicothe, Ohio, on March 28 – the first of a series-high seven events at the high-banked track, including the $20,000-to-win Open Wheel Championships on May 2.
    “The politics in Ohio has been very heated and we want to thank all the tracks for giving us a chance,” Helms said. “We believe it will be successful for all parties and will grow each year.”
    Other tracks in Ohio that have currently booked at least one Renegade Sprints event include: Attica Raceway Park in Attica, Wayne County Speedway in Orrville, Hilltop Speedway in Millersburg, Millstream Speedway in Findlay and Brushcreek Motorsports Park in Peebles.
    The Renegade Sprints will also make at least seven trips into Pennsylvania for events at Bedford Speedway in Bedford, Path Valley Speedway Park in Spring Run, Pittsburgh’s Pennsylvania Motor Speedway in Imperial, Selinsgrove Speedway in Selinsgrove, Big Diamond Speedway in Pottsville and Grandview Speedway in Bechtelsville.
    Additionally, the series will compete in Indiana at Brownstown Speedway in Brownstown; in Michigan at Hartford Speedway in Hartford; and in Illinois at Jacksonville Speedway in Jacksonville for a non-points event with the National Sprint League, Midwest Open Wheel Association and IRA Outlaw Sprint Series.
    “We are working closely with the NSL to make something big happen on top of that date at Jacksonville,” Helms said.
    Of the handful of dates to be determined, most are during the Renegade Week of Speed from June 18-24, when events at Attica Raceway Park, Wayne County Speedway and Atomic Speedway are scheduled.
    “We’re waiting on a few tracks to come on board during that time,” Helms said. “I hope we can add a couple more new tracks, but if that doesn’t happen most of those dates will be picked up by tracks already on the schedule.”
    In other news, Tri-City Raceway Park in Franklin, Pa., has committed to at least one date in 2015 and is working on a possible Western Pennsylvania Speedweek.
    Additional details about new dates will be posted once they are finalized.
    2015 RENEGADE SPRINTS TENTATIVE SCHEDULE
    DATE -- TRACK -- CITY, STATE
    March 28 -- Atomic Speedway -- Chillicothe, Ohio
    April 3 -- Attica Raceway Park -- Attica, Ohio
    April 4 -- Attica Raceway Park -- Attica, Ohio
    April 18 -- Wayne County Speedway -- Orrville, Ohio
    April 19 -- Bedford Speedway -- Bedford, Pa.
    April 25 -- TBD
    April 26 -- Path Valley Speedway Park -- Spring Run, Pa.
    May 1 -- Atomic Speedway -- Chillicothe, Ohio
    May 2 -- Atomic Speedway -- Chillicothe, Ohio
    May 15 -- Jacksonville Speedway -- Jacksonville, Ill. (no points)
    May 22 -- Hilltop Speedway -- Millersburg, Ohio
    May 23 -- Pittsburgh’s Pennsylvania Motor Speedway -- Imperial, Pa.
    May 24 -- Selinsgrove Speedway -- Selinsgrove, Pa.
    May 30 -- Wayne County Speedway -- Orrville, Ohio
    May 31 -- Millstream Speedway -- Findlay, Ohio
    June 6 -- Brownstown Speedway -- Brownstown, Ind.
    June 7 -- Bedford Speedway -- Bedford, Pa.
    June 14 -- Big Diamond Speedway -- Pottsville, Pa.
    June 18 -- TBD
    June 19 -- Attica Raceway Park -- Attica, Ohio
    June 20 -- TBD
    June 21 -- TBD
    June 22 -- Wayne County Speedway -- Orrville, Ohio
    June 23 -- TBD
    June 24 -- Atomic Speedway -- Chillicothe, Ohio
    July 3 -- Atomic Speedway -- Chillicothe, Ohio
    July 4 -- Wayne County Speedway -- Orrville, Ohio
    July 5 -- Millstream Speedway -- Findlay, Ohio
    July 10 -- TBD
    July 11 -- TBD
    July 19 -- Millstream Speedway -- Findlay, Ohio
    July 24 -- Hartford Speedway -- Hartford, Mich.
    July 25 -- Pittsburgh’s Pennsylvania Motor Speedway -- Imperial, Pa.
    July 28 -- Grandview Speedway -- Bechtelsville, Pa.
    Aug. 1 -- Atomic Speedway -- Chillicothe, Ohio
    Aug. 22 -- Brushcreek Motorsports Complex -- Peebles, Ohio
    Aug. 23 -- Millstream Speedway -- Findlay, Ohio
    Sept. 4 -- Attica Raceway Park -- Attica, Ohio
    Sept. 5 -- Attica Raceway Park -- Attica, Ohio
    Sept. 6 -- Wayne County Speedway -- Orrville, Ohio
    Sept. 11 -- TBD
    Sept. 12 -- TBD
    Sept. 19 -- Selinsgrove Speedway -- Selinsgrove, Pa.
    Oct. 3 -- Atomic Speedway -- Chillicothe, Ohio
    Oct. 4 -- Millstream Speedway -- Findlay, Ohio
    MEDIA LINKS –
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/RenegadeSprints
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Reneg...61036524065534
    RENEGADE SPRINTS –
    The Renegade Sprints series was formed in 2014 to develop and improve the sport of 410ci sprint car racing in the rich historic region that includes Ohio, Pennsylvania, Indiana and Michigan. The series aims to operate a professional organization that is focused on creating value for sponsors and promoters along with offering an affordable form of high-quality entertainment for the fans. The Renegade Sprints is also dedicated to creating long-lasting partnerships with the team owners and drivers for the future of the sport.
    INSIDE LINE PROMOTIONS –
    Inside Line Promotions specializes in affordable public relations and media management for motor sports drivers, teams, sponsors, tracks, series, events, organizations and manufacturers. ILP Founder Shawn Miller leverages professional journalism with new media technologies and social networking to improve your exposure and the return on investment for your sponsors.
    To meet the media relations needs of your program and to join Team ILP, contact Shawn at 541-510-3663 or InsideLinePromotions@gmail.com. For more information on Inside Line Promotions, visit http://www.InsideLinePromotions.com

Brownstown In. to Bedford PA, June 6th & 7th 8 hrs apart and Hartford Mi to PPMS July 24 & 25th 6 hours apart are going to be Brutal.
    Looking for home security? try www.rssmonitoring.com Looking for eternal security? try www.ohiograce.comt

Comment

Originally posted by Brian View Post
      Brownstown In. to Bedford PA, June 6th & 7th 8 hrs apart and Hartford Mi to PPMS July 24 & 25th 6 hours apart are going to be Brutal.
      WOW ... they have about 5-6 weeks there that seem brutal on travel with either long hours from one race to the next night or only have a 1 day show pretty far away from base camp.

Good luck to those team and hope you are well rested because your going to have some long nights going from one track to the next. These locals are going to be broken in right with traveling around the area and also better not have some bad weather where things get delayed or have long night with a lot of divisions of cars.

Best of luck to these teams on this 4 state, I mean 5 state series. Also overall the schedule looks pretty good. Obviously missing some good tracks here and there and doing some traveling, but the majority of the races are somewhat close together. Will be interesting to see how the other local tracks schedule with these dates out there now on competing nights.

One thing just looking at the schedule ... there isn't to many conflicting dates with Attica right now ... only a couple of shows on Friday night so far, but I am sure that might change once the season gets closer or could they be using Attica as a home-base to get fans interested in the new series early on?
      Last edited by ErocWolverine; January 8th, 2015, 06:44 PM.

Comment

Wow is all I can say. Everyone knows I'm all for the Renegades but having two speedweeks head to head is terrible. This could lead to low counts at all tracks regardless of sanctioning which leads to below average ticket sales which hurts all involved. The rest of the Renegade schedule looks promising except that. My apologies to Swamp that 10 day span will be a mess.

Comment

Originally posted by JK47 View Post
          Wow is all I can say. Everyone knows I'm all for the Renegades but having two speedweeks head to head is terrible. This could lead to low counts at all tracks regardless of sanctioning which leads to below average ticket sales which hurts all involved. The rest of the Renegade schedule looks promising except that. My apologies to Swamp that 10 day span will be a mess.
          Well I am still hopeful something can be worked out with some of these dates and get some type of understanding between both sides which I know is highly unlikely, but I am still hopeful. That entire two weeks there between the 19th of June to the 5th of July could be interesting with the amount of races in the area and how the fans support it?

Comment

Hartford will be the track that suffers in that deal. Friday night track at least 2-4 hours from most teams that work Fridays. Then turn around and drive another 6 hours! Wow really looking out for fans and drivers and tracks on that deal.

Comment

May 15th at Jacksonville is not a Renegade sanctioned event. I know this as fact because I know the whole story. If I invite myself to a party, I don't tell everyone its MY party! You can't say you are sending your drivers to a race and then put it on your schedule as a sanctioned event. It causes confusion and problems for the track. Keep pissing off promoters and this deal will be done before it starts! On top of that, I will say it again. You cannot have this many high dollar shows in a small area over a short period of time it WILL NOT work. Simple economics. Someone needs to take a class! Running a series is hard.
              ~~ Connect with me on LinkedIn ~~
              http://www.linkedin.com/in/bryanautullo

Comment

As you know by now, at Jacksonville Speedway we canceled our All Star sanction for the May 15th Sprints Gone Wild event after the recent comments by officials of the series that made some news. In doing so, some teams who were aligned with the Renegades indicated that they would be coming to support our show... which is their choice. The more cars the merrier! Today I see our race made the Renegade schedule as a non-points race.

I just want to be clear, that we as a track are not placing ourselves in the middle of this Ohio Civil war. Any driver is welcome to attend our event on May 15 - regardless of affiliation.. and that includes any driver who races for points in either the All Star or Renegade series. Hopefully by May 15th the sprint car world is again at peace and everyone can enjoy a great night of racing in the MIdwest.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian
                  If the other series did this, people would lose their minds and be smashing their keyboards to shreds typing anti All Star comments as fast as they can. I have listened to drivers who are now Renegades complain for years about unreasonable travel and going to Central PA to compete. Now suddenly its all great. As much as I try to stay neutral here I have to call BS when I see BS.

Comment

So much for the 4 dates at Hilltop as shown in earlier releases and the Tri City has now vanished as well. Jacksonville is a event that the promoter has mentioned he didnt want on the schedule as a Renegade event. Looks like some of the early dates at Hilltop and Tri City were used as scare tatics to get shows. Even PPMS has less dates than what was released earlier. Between the Bert disappearing act, the Frankie up in smoke and the mystery dates this is all a show to get people to sign up. The Hammers are even a show as the truth has been told this is a Renegade operated track with good name of the Hammers being put in the middel of this war. We will see if they are willing to have their name used as was Berts and Frankie. This could have been a good thing if they would have done as they said by running a better business but these are all things that we fans busted Webbs ass over and it is becoming a repeat cycle. It is the All Stars born again!!

I agree with you swamp on the dates 22 dates at just 4 tracks will be something to see even with the best support it won't work well. The other thing that will be killed over this is the OVSCA that I enjoy. So much for something good for the guy who likes to hit the road but not be a career racer. Ohio fans and racers may want to take in a show at every track this summer as next summer there will surely be less tracks to enjoy. The Revolution is here enjoy.

Comment

Swamp where does it say it is sanctioned it says non points race. Give them some credit Web no one thought it would get this far

Comment

They were not invited by the track to make it an event period points or not.

Comment

So now your speaking for the track that there not invited to Jackson . I did not know they were not invited MY BAD.

Comment

Originally posted by Ohioguy
                            Swamp where does it say it is sanctioned it says non points race. Give them some credit Web no one thought it would get this far
                            It is on the Renegade schedule. It is not a Renegade sanctioned event. Maybe it should not be listed on the schedule and they could have released something down the road to say they were going there to support it for no points. You can't crash a party and say its your party! Rookie mistake. What they don't get is the issues it may cause the track with sponsors, other sanctions, fans, etc. He posted above, so read that post.

Comment

Swamp we can do this all night, at the end of the night it gets us nowhere. I dont think they were saying it's there party but maybe just maybe to let those who are going to follow know where they will be at.

Comment

Working...
                              X