Help me understand

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me understand

I just finished watching my DVD of the 2014 Fremont Speedway Race of Legends. What an awesome event and production that showcases the wonderful history of the track.
    In my time managing Eldora Speedway I only made it to Fremont one time for a race. I have visited hundreds of tracks in my 30+ years in the business and Fremont is the only track that has had a beautiful Hall of Fame and Museum specifically for that track.
    I was there for a F.A.S.T. event and was impressed that in addition to their local Fremont and Attica point funds these teams had the ability to run for additional money which I understand has been raised for 2015.
    These things don't just happen it takes a lot of work and money.
    So help me understand why someone that is so dedicated to the sport and the heritage of this track and goes all out to promote these things as well as 410 racing in general with one of the largest purses in Ohio and the most high paying events of weekly 410 tracks has come under so much hate and criticism for trying to maintain these things as well as making decisions for the financial health of his company?
    Now that my ex boss has taken ownership of the All Stars Ohio 410 sprint car racing hopefully things can settle down and grow.
    Larry Kemp

I agree 100%. Any promoter takes a lot of flack for some of the stupidest things possible. Without the dedication of him, Shelly and the rest of the crew the Speedway wouldn't probably exist. When I think back on all the accolades for getting shows in when nobody else thought they could, for getting arrested for making sure the show got finished, for thinking outside the box to bring in new fans yet keeping the old fans coming back and for doing whatever it takes to make to make sure there are races at Fremont Speedway he sure does take a lot of crap from a lot of people whose only mentality is it is "all about me". Sure, to say his stance on the All Stars was controversial is an understatement, but it seems that same kind of bull-headedness is the same bull-headed kind of drive that keeps Fremont Speedway in existence. I always said stubbornness is a virtue. It might not make you a lot of friends but it gets a lot more things accomplished than setting back criticizing and pointing fingers.

Comment

Well said by both! True statements!
      ~~ Connect with me on LinkedIn ~~
      http://www.linkedin.com/in/bryanautullo

Comment

No criticism from this corner. For everything they do wrong at Fremont, they do 100 things right. Ditto for ARP. I think the critics and haters have no idea how much thought, time, and effort goes into presenting an event.

Comment

Ask the racers why they don't like farmer

Comment

Help me understand how co-sanctioning a show with Guy Webb was helping to better 410 racing. Help me understand how siding with Guy warrants any sort of praise at all. Thank you to those teams and track that took a stand against Guy that lead to Stewart taking over.

Comment

Originally posted by because I care more View Post
              Help me understand how siding with Guy warrants any sort of praise at all.
              So you are upset with Lima, Eldora, the Grove and all the other tracks that chose to schedule an All-Star show?
              2017 Racin' Chasin' Counter: 14 Races - Volusia-4, Ocala-3, Attica-3, Wayne County-1, Atomic-1, Mansfield-1, Daytona-1, (2-Rain Outs)

2016 Racin' Chasin' Counter: 59 Races @ 28 Tracks; (15-Rain Outs)
              2015 Racin' Chasin' Counter: 56 Races @ 25 Tracks; (12-Rain Outs)

Comment

Sometimes you have to consider the implications of abandoning the business model that has worked for your business for years.
                When the NST developed a few years ago Tony sided with the NST as a racer. I had to look at the business implications for Eldora as I was challenged with paying the bills and Tony's payments.
                I did however come up with a plan that got all parties to come to the Kings Royal and we had no problems.
                I believe that Rich Farmer might have been looking at it that way and trying to save the history of the All Stars and all the work that previous owners had put in to build it.
                Think for a moment how many would have felt if Rich had just went along with the flow.
                Larry

Comment

Help me understand why it is he is even topic of conversation? It's done and over with and time to move forward. The fact is, the credit for the change goes to those who were willing to take and stand and to Danny Smith for getting Stewart involved. If there is an ego issue here because the credit is focused on him, get over it. Everyone is working together and Guy is out of the picture. That's a win for everyone. Ross-there's a difference between booking a race and co-sanctioning a race like what was done with FAST.

Comment

Danny fan ask the drivers if they like his money at the end of the night. Because I care more help me understand way are you bitching about Farmer and Fremont speedway they were not the only track that took webbs side and was going to have allstar shows. Hell when I grew up earl was a biggest dictator in racing and he is in the sprintcar hall of fame.

Comment

Because I care more if your as bad as webb stroking your ego if webb doesn't agree to sell it to Tony than all the ego stoking here means nothing and me as a fan the whole deal has pissed me off so I will be saving my money since I wont be going to any races.

Comment

But when the promoter is fighting the team's then that is ok as long as you get your money? You should save your money and stay home jayf!!!

Comment

Bottom line here is if Guy Webb hadn't stuck his foot in his mouth...publicly...in a national publication, we'd all still be talking about the battle of Ohio and be looking ahead to a sh*tty season in this region. Guy Webb took Guy Webb out. It may have been the indirect result of what the Renegades were starting to accomplish, so if they want credit for it, they can say that interview would not have happened if not for them. They pushed Webb to the edge and he openly insulted the drivers who made his own series great. However, before that point Webb had no intentions to sell the series to anyone, and this battle would have raged on through 2015 and maybe it would have taken a lot of twists and turns to see who would come out on top. Instead, Webb's words bit him in the a$$ and now Tony Stewart stepped in to save the season and possibly the future of sprint car racing in Ohio. What someone needs to help ME understand is why some of the Renegades seem to be upset over the whole thing, when in the end they got exactly what they wanted. A series not run by Guy Webb. Mission accomplished on their part...now go race and stop the bickering about those who stood behind tradition and history to support a series that has been around for 30+ years. The people - in general - are sick of all this BS!
                          ~~ Connect with me on LinkedIn ~~
                          http://www.linkedin.com/in/bryanautullo

Comment

Hel Hunter and the rest of the team's did make it happen and who cares and why do people care how or who did what? Be a fan and be happy we get to watch racing.

Comment

Helms and hunter

Comment

Working...
                              X