X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 98arpy
    started a topic Help me understand

Help me understand

I just finished watching my DVD of the 2014 Fremont Speedway Race of Legends. What an awesome event and production that showcases the wonderful history of the track.
    In my time managing Eldora Speedway I only made it to Fremont one time for a race. I have visited hundreds of tracks in my 30+ years in the business and Fremont is the only track that has had a beautiful Hall of Fame and Museum specifically for that track.
    I was there for a F.A.S.T. event and was impressed that in addition to their local Fremont and Attica point funds these teams had the ability to run for additional money which I understand has been raised for 2015.
    These things don't just happen it takes a lot of work and money.
    So help me understand why someone that is so dedicated to the sport and the heritage of this track and goes all out to promote these things as well as 410 racing in general with one of the largest purses in Ohio and the most high paying events of weekly 410 tracks has come under so much hate and criticism for trying to maintain these things as well as making decisions for the financial health of his company?
    Now that my ex boss has taken ownership of the All Stars Ohio 410 sprint car racing hopefully things can settle down and grow.
    Larry Kemp

• Jay72c
    replied
    I didn't support Fremont sticking with the All Stars but if you look at the business side of things, Fremont has 2 double header weekends and 2 speedweek shows including the finale. If I was in Farmer's shoes, I wouldn't want to give that up either.

We all need to be thankful for Tony Stewart, relax, and enjoy what the future has in store for Sprint Car racing, especially in Ohio.

Leave a comment:

• ErocWolverine
    replied
    Originally posted by DERF View Post
    Let's ask Burn's Iron and Metal what they think of Fremont's promoter.
    You can find anybody out there that doesn't like somebody. I am betting you could probably find somebody that doesn't like Burn's Iron & Metal as well.

Leave a comment:

• DERF
    replied
    Let's ask Burn's Iron and Metal what they think of Fremont's promoter.

Leave a comment:

• Jason Curlis
    replied
    It depends on who told you the story of who did who wrong! I've heard most of them, don't believe most of them..... #WhoHasTheBiggestEgo

Fuckit, it's better for all now

Leave a comment:

• Sprintcarfanatic
    replied
    What !!!!!!! No Cap'n Crunch.

Leave a comment:

• J.Shambaugh1J
    replied
    1. People bitched about Webb. 2. Racers got sick of Webb and made a stand. 3. After stand was made, Renegades were formed. 4. Renegades schedule gets better, All stars lose races. 5. Webb opens mouth, people get pissed and continue to *****...and rightfully so. 6. Webb forced to sell 7. Stewart buys All Stars. 8. Merge All Stars and Renegades together 9. Most people happy...the fight is over 10. After fight is over.....bitching continues. One continued stupid cycle!!!!!!!!! Hey Butch S, I prefer ice cream...got it, and continue.....right to the whine cellar

Leave a comment:

• butch s
    replied
    Larry hope retirement treating you good. Timeout people I have to make more popcorn lol.

Leave a comment:

• jay f
    replied
    Dannyfan there you go stroking there egos like I said if webb dosent sell it to tony the war would still be going on. If Farmers pissed off so many people and is fighting so many teams why is it that you and because I care more are the only two that are bitching were are all they others and I would bet neither of you to run there weekly. Swamp they must think they can just run over whoever gets in there way.

Leave a comment:

• dannyfan
    replied
    Helms and hunter

Leave a comment:

• dannyfan
    replied
    Hel Hunter and the rest of the team's did make it happen and who cares and why do people care how or who did what? Be a fan and be happy we get to watch racing.

Leave a comment:

• Swamp
    replied
    Bottom line here is if Guy Webb hadn't stuck his foot in his mouth...publicly...in a national publication, we'd all still be talking about the battle of Ohio and be looking ahead to a sh*tty season in this region. Guy Webb took Guy Webb out. It may have been the indirect result of what the Renegades were starting to accomplish, so if they want credit for it, they can say that interview would not have happened if not for them. They pushed Webb to the edge and he openly insulted the drivers who made his own series great. However, before that point Webb had no intentions to sell the series to anyone, and this battle would have raged on through 2015 and maybe it would have taken a lot of twists and turns to see who would come out on top. Instead, Webb's words bit him in the a$$ and now Tony Stewart stepped in to save the season and possibly the future of sprint car racing in Ohio. What someone needs to help ME understand is why some of the Renegades seem to be upset over the whole thing, when in the end they got exactly what they wanted. A series not run by Guy Webb. Mission accomplished on their part...now go race and stop the bickering about those who stood behind tradition and history to support a series that has been around for 30+ years. The people - in general - are sick of all this BS!

Leave a comment:

• dannyfan
    replied
    But when the promoter is fighting the team's then that is ok as long as you get your money? You should save your money and stay home jayf!!!

Leave a comment:

• jay f
    replied
    Because I care more if your as bad as webb stroking your ego if webb doesn't agree to sell it to Tony than all the ego stoking here means nothing and me as a fan the whole deal has pissed me off so I will be saving my money since I wont be going to any races.

Leave a comment:

• jay f
    replied
    Danny fan ask the drivers if they like his money at the end of the night. Because I care more help me understand way are you bitching about Farmer and Fremont speedway they were not the only track that took webbs side and was going to have allstar shows. Hell when I grew up earl was a biggest dictator in racing and he is in the sprintcar hall of fame.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X